Breeze for ports or Oasis for the ship

lintman

We are trying to decide between the Oasis and the Breeze for a cruise this October for our 10 year anniversary. We love Royal ships and are really intrigued by the Oasis but not overly excited about the Western Caribbean ports. We've sailed Carnival and never had any complaints and love the Ports on the 8 night Eastern Caribbean itinerary. The price difference is not a factor in our decision. Help us decide! Less of a ship for better ports or enjoy the ship with not great ports.

Thanks Dorisis!

I guess I should add that we have to go a specific week in October and that week the Oasis is doing the Western and the Allure is significantly more expensive unless we do a balcony guarantee.

We tend to cruise for the ports, but this summer we did Oasis for the ship. If you like to visit ports, then that's your answer, but the Oasis is a vacation in and of itself! DH said it's the only ship he'll even remember - haha! We did the western. In Labadee we only got off long enough to see the shops and get a Labadoozee. The ship was pretty empty when we got back on at lunch time and we were the only people in one of the pools and in the Solarium hot tubs. There is so much to see and do and try on the Oasis, you cannot do it all in 7 days and having time on the ship when others are off is great.

Is there a different board I should post this to to get a better response?

In my opinion, this is probably the better place. The problem with posting on the individual cruise line boards is, you will get a majority biased opinion and CCL/RCI debates tend to get the most heated for some reason.

To answer your question, Oasis certainly is a destination and is something that needs to be experienced. However, it's hard to ignore better ports and one more night on what is CCL's newest ship. I had the pleasure of touring Breeze when she first ported in Key West. I'd say her biggest disadvantage is being very crowded and the main lido area is very small and cramped. On a good note, I was pleased to see CCL got away from the gaudy Faucus design inside. The ship looks a lot nicer than the rest of the CCL fleet, including her own sister ships.

Oasis is Oasis and is an awesome experience. It does require a little more planning though because in order for the experience to work right, you'll need to reserve all your meal and show times pre cruise. It's what keeps the crowds separated.

It's probably a personal opinion but I learned the joy of having a pool all to myself on my very first cruise that was very port intensive. After a few days, every island looked alike. Thus, I'd take Oasis hands down. Also don't care for Carnival in any event but that's just me. For all I care they could sail ten miles out and drop anchor for a week and I'd be fine.

Archived