Random thoughts from the O penthouse

cruz chic

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Lorene[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Don't you have one of these cones (for Internet) inside your Penthouse? We have had them in the dining room area.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][URL="http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photopost/data/751/2012_Amsterdam_ship_pictures_131.JPG"][IMG]http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photopost/data/751/medium/2012_Amsterdam_ship_pictures_131.JPG[/IMG][/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

No that's on thing the ph doesn't have

More random thoughts
In an effort to get off the ship quickly tomorrow night I'm going to take one for the team and go to the new and improved ;) Canaletto. KK will let you know if the desserts are the same.

Luggage direct - it has been reported now that Canadians can do this. Not in Seattle. I was hoping I could because my flight doesn't leave until 6:30 on Sunday. I was going to take a shorex but they get you up so early then you sit on a bus waiting for latecomers forever. They aren't going to take me alive out of this penthouse. I've decided to hide in here somewhere. Everybody keep my secret. Ok?

[quote name='brazilgirl']Really enjoying your comments! How is the bacon in the Pinnacle Grill? :)

Curious - which company did you use for whale watching?[/QUOTE]

Can you believe I haven't had any bacon? I just did the tour thru Hal because I'm chicken but they use Allen marine.

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Lorene[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Don't you have one of these cones (for Internet) inside your Penthouse? We have had them in the dining room area.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][URL="http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photopost/data/751/2012_Amsterdam_ship_pictures_131.JPG"][IMG]http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photopost/data/751/medium/2012_Amsterdam_ship_pictures_131.JPG[/IMG][/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

On the Zuiderdam during our cruise a few months back, the cone has been replaced with a larger Cisco repeater, also in the dining room. During drydock, hundreds were installed throughout the ship.

[URL=http://s966.photobucket.com/user/kjw869/media/IMG_0842Large.jpg.html][IMG]http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae146/kjw869/IMG_0842Large.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='lorekauf']Went to the VIP party tonight. Sat with some interesting people. One gentleman used to be the VP for Princess. I really enjoy these parties when I go. Anyway, he introduced me to a lady, I think her name is Marilyn. I have a good memory but it's short ;). He told me she worked for Hal for 34 years but is now retired. I kept looking at her because she was so familiar. So I asked him if she was the former head of the mariners society and yes she was. He told her that she had been found out. She was so impressed that I remembered her as she said its been about 5 years, I remember talking to her on the phone one time and thought she was such a nice person. It was an enjoyable party.

<snip>

[/quote]

[B]
Actually,,,,

Her name is Margaret Binnendyk. :)

She is a lovely woman with whom we've enjoyed some lovely times.

Margaret was Director of Mariners Society for a great many years and retired about 3 years ago.

[/B]

[B]We are newly off Veendam today and I am just now catching up on CC. I've enjoyed reading this thread and thank for posting it, Lorene.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and made some great memories. :)
[/B]

[quote name='frankc98376']Sebastiaan will be in the Specialty Restaurants aboard Eclipse. He is a gem- makes every passenger he comes in contact with feel like they are the only one on the ship.[/quote]

Great news, he was terrific on our last cruise on O. He mentioned that he was heading to X but we weren't sure which ship. Thanks for the update.

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]
Actually,,,,

Her name is Margaret Binnendyk. :)

She is a lovely woman with whom we've enjoyed some lovely times.

Margaret was Director of Mariners Society for a great many years and retired about 3 years ago.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Thx for the name correction:o. She actually told me she was amazed that I remembered her because she retired 5 years ago. That much I do remember:D.

[quote name='jaspersmycat']Have a safe trip home. See you in 7 weeks on the Eurodam.[/QUOTE]

You bet. That is the only thing that is softening the blow of getting of the ship.

I've had a great time and wish I could travel like this all the time

[quote name='shrimp56']Looking forward to hearing how your cruise was:)[/quote]

[B] Veendam so exceeded our expectations that I'm truly happy to say so. She's still a lovely ship and has a great crew.

I hope to post some comments in the next few days. :) "She" deserves some positive attention. :)

[/B]

[quote name='sail7seas'][B] Veendam so exceeded our expectations that I'm truly happy to say so. She's still a lovely ship and has a great crew.[/B]

[B]I hope to post some comments in the next few days. :) "She" deserves some positive attention. :)[/B]

[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]You might recall my saying that when we were on her for the Bermuda cruise. I think she's a lovely, warm, and beautiful ship. with a wonderful crew.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='lorekauf']Thx for the name correction:o. She actually told me she was amazed that I remembered her because she retired 5 years ago. That much I do remember:D.[/quote]

[quote name='innlady1'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]You might recall my saying that when we were on her for the Bermuda cruise. I think she's a lovely, warm, and beautiful ship. with a wonderful crew.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]

[B] I do remember you saying that, Sheila. I was paying attention to all Veendam comments at that time as we decided whether we wanted to sail her or not. Thanks for your positive comments. We agree with you. :)

[/B]

Lorekauf, please continue posting on your thread about your experiences on the O-dam. Do you get special treatment for disembarkation too?

And I so totally want to hear more about Sitka -- one of my two favorite ports. (Loreto is the other one :) )

You are really making me ache to return to Alaska, even though in all likelihood I'll be in an NN :D

I had a lovely end to my day. Just packing up the last of my things. I ate in Canaletto tonight. I had the seafood soup and Canaletto salad. Both were excellent. I had the pork for the main which was ok but not spectacular. I used to love the cod but it's no more.

After this Victoriann (not spelled correctly) and her DH squired me around Victoria. I enjoyed meeting them both and appreciated it. I had a great time.
I've checking in for my flight and decide I needed to upgrade to first class for $149 for the super long 1.5 hour flight. It doesn't leave until 6:25 so I'll be ready for it. I hope everyone is going to visit me in the poor house.

Archived