Sun Princess cancelled departure from Singapore today

MissCruising1

Sorry to keep banging on about this event, believe me I don’t take a whole lot of enjoyment from the affair, but I strongly feel a need to air my real concerns in regards to the need for a fair and equable out come for everyone, including the cruise company.

Until Princess Cruises finishers processing all the claims for compensation we really shouldn't prejudge them, but from some of the comments being made in this forum, by fellow passengers in regards to their statements of information that Princess won’t be compensating passengers for travelling to and pre-cruise accommodation in Singapore prior to the cancellation, unless purchased as part of a package for the cruise through Princess worries me greatly.

I’ve clearly stated already in my earlier postings that the expense of travelling to Singapore, and any pre-cruise accommodation is by any measure part of the financial lose suffered by all passengers. Not only that of passengers who may of purchased a said package deal through Princess Cruises.

Be it that you travelled by economy, business or first class, be it that you stayed one, two or three nights in a budget or top of the line hotel pre-cruise, the loss is real and down to the cancellation of the cruise. The cancellation which lies solely at the feet of Princess Cruises. I do how ever hold out faith that Princess will behave in a responsible manner, be a good corporate citizen and do the right thing and not try the David and goliath approach, me big you small.

I believe that this cruise due to the ship being based in Australia would come under Australian consumer laws, and as such any dispute can be adjudicated on by the Department of Fair Trading. Then there is the option of a class action and the bad publicity that such an action would attract. But we are getting ahead of our self, lets wait and see what offers of compensation Princess Cruises make in this matter. Still please keep posting your options and any news or advice you may have in these matters.

I've been inspired by everyone on this sight and sent off a claim last month as got cruise refund late September. Finally told today if I send receipts of flights etc. will get a fecund for that and one night...got a package and had to go 2 days earlier due to flights...very humid yuk. Hopefully now I can look forward to a new cruise as this would have been our first and had saved up for it so felt extremely let down and found the situation very stressful.