Upgrade question

I'm booked on the Freedom of the Seas on sept 29th. I just checked today and the price for a balcony is only 10 bucks more than what I paid for an ocean view.

I booked with a TA. Do I need to call her to see about an upgrade or do it myself? And is there a 'bad balcony that would make it not worth the upgrade?? (Should I stay with the ocean view instead).. I've never had a balcony so the thought of one is very exciting :)

If you booked through a TA you need to call your TA...

In my opinion.. .there is no balcony that isn't worth $10... even it is has a partially obstructed view (and your TA can help you)... but just sitting and watching the ocean go by is well worth $10...

Happy Sailing!

IMO there is no bad balcony location compared to an ocean view. You need to call your TA to look into making the change as your original booking was placed through her. You just need to be sure that the new rate is not specified for new bookings only based on the Tuesday sale. She can best work that through with you. You would also need to check to make sure there are no change or other fees imposed by her agency that would negate the value of this as some agencies charge change fees.

Otherwise go for it!

If you booked through a TA you need to call your TA...

In my opinion.. .there is no balcony that isn't worth $10... even it is has a partially obstructed view (and your TA can help you)... but just sitting and watching the ocean go by is well worth $10...

Happy Sailing!

I'm so excited I don't know how I'm gonna wait for her to get to work!!! Her time zone is different than mine so I have to wait!!!

IMO there is no bad balcony location compared to an ocean view. You need to call your TA to look into making the change as your original booking was placed through her. You just need to be sure that the new rate is not specified for new bookings only based on the Tuesday sale. She can best work that through with you. You would also need to check to make sure there are no change or other fees imposed by her agency that would negate the value of this as some agencies charge change fees.

Otherwise go for it!

Oh no :( new bookings only!! I'm sure it is from the Tuesday sale. Shoot!!!!!

check again tomorrow to see if it's still available. Have your TA check as soon as she can

...good advice. That was what I was implying previously as well - check after the sale (which as flacruiser99 indicated) is now through Wednesday to see if the rate is still available. Your TA may be able to get it for you then.

Good luck.

...good advice. That was what I was implying previously as well - check after the sale (which as flacruiser99 indicated) is now through Wednesday to see if the rate is still available. Your TA may be able to get it for you then.

Good luck.

Are they 24 hr sales ? Or is it thru wed. So I need to check Thursday. I won't hold my breath .. My TA says the ship is pretty full :(

I'm going to {{stalk}} and see if the room we want to upgrade to is still there if so I'm gonna call Thursday morning if the price holds!! Here's hoping!!!

I hope you get the cheaper rate too!!!!! We will both stalk them !! I even called them ( even though I have a TA and I knew they wouldn't do anything. ) to kind of complain .... I will keep looking though.

Any update?

No good news.. The price went back up, I paid 639 for an ocean view, it was 649 on sale, now it's 799 again for the OV and balcony both.

I even emailed them about it Tuesday and they said.. Sorry we just do that to get new first time cruises and then gave me a link to their price guarantee?? Why I don't know cuz all that did was tell me I had 48 hrs from the date of booking to find it cheaper??? duh, I told them in the email I booked early so why did they give me that link :(

I have to admit when I booked with carnival I always got the upgrades even if it was a 'sale'.

No good news.. The price went back up, I paid 639 for an ocean view, it was 649 on sale, now it's 799 again for the OV and balcony both.

I even emailed them about it Tuesday and they said.. Sorry we just do that to get new first time cruises and then gave me a link to their price guarantee?? Why I don't know cuz all that did was tell me I had 48 hrs from the date of booking to find it cheaper??? duh, I told them in the email I booked early so why did they give me that link :(

I have to admit when I booked with carnival I always got the upgrades even if it was a 'sale'.

You may well have in this case also if the "Tuesday Sale" price had held after the sale - which it sometimes does. After final payment, most of the "Tuesday Sales" are for new bookings, however.

As far as the price guarantee is concerned, you can always get the lowest price shown (even if lower than your booked price) - or upgrades - anytime up to final payment. It is after that when the restrictions start to apply.

Enjoy your cruise.

You may well have in this case also if the "Tuesday Sale" price had held after the sale - which it sometimes does. After final payment, most of the "Tuesday Sales" are for new bookings, however.

As far as the price guarantee is concerned, you can always get the lowest price shown (even if lower than your booked price) - or upgrades - anytime up to final payment. It is after that when the restrictions start to apply.

Enjoy your cruise.

I will enjoy my cruise either way, I'd just enjoy it a wee bit more in a balcony room :) a girl can always dream!! 38 days to go so it could still happen !!

Archived