Tea on RCI

The tea onboard taste like powdered tea to me. its certainly not your Tetley, Luzianne etc that is brewed I dont think. I didnt care for it for the most part but its not too bad mixed half and half with the lemonade to make an Arnold Palmer.

• 3 months later...
Recent cruisers on Enchantment:

Does RCI still use those AWFUL teabags that they had in June 2013 ??? Very weak, no flavor; wondering if I need to bring my own Lipton herbal for hot tea.

Thanks!!!

Yes, as of this past September. Something called First Tea?

Well you learn something new everyday they say...

I thought most Americans like unsweetened tea. Like another Poster, when on DCL the tea was unsweetened. I actually like to put a spoon or so into my ice tea, but some ice teas that are sweetened have like have a half glass of sugar in it!! Up here in Canada most places serve presweetened iced tea.

Funny thing if you want to get technical, sugar solubility in water or tea is almost infinite so to speak. Sugar is a non ionic compound, and therefore can be added to water until it is virtually a thick syrup!! If it was like a salt, you would hit a limit ( not going into a super saturated sitation!). That was my issue with pre sweetened tea- way too much sugar for my liking! I will add my own.

To the poster that it doesn't taste the same, could be that commercial ice tea is sweetened with other sugars other than sucrose-the sugar we typically use from the grocery store. (Glucose and Fructose could impart the taste difference). Sorry if this is too much information!

FWIW