Tea on RCI

I like my "Sweet Tea" too (Arizona brand Southern Style Sweet Tea is my favorite ready made)...but on RCI I just add a bit of sugar or drink the lemonade or buy a Coke....good enough to get by until I get home.

Am I missing something? Isn't sweet tea just tea with a tea-spoon of sugar ? Don't they have spoons on board ?

Although I have tasted the Tea you get in USA stores, I would give it a miss or bring some with me from the UK :)

Am I missing something? Isn't sweet tea just tea with a tea-spoon of sugar ? Don't they have spoons on board ?

Although I have tasted the Tea you get in USA stores, I would give it a miss or bring some with me from the UK :)

Don't quite know what it is but it still doesn't taste the same just by adding a spoonful of sugar. Must be the tea.

I was thinking of bringing some sugar or stevia packets along. I actuallu just bought pops on DCL despite the free drink station. They pops int he stattion were rather...flat.

You don't need to bring your own sugar they have plenty onboard ;)

It's a "Southern" thang :D:D

Just be careful asking for iced tea with breakfast. A few years ago on the FOTS I asked for iced tea and was given a glass of icewater with a tea bag in it. Swear this is true on my dear sainted mother's grave. I was dumbstruck and just kept looking at that glass of icewater with the teabag floating on the ice.

Hi! So, I'm fromt he south, and we like our tea sweet! I was wondering if sweet tea is available on RCI. I do know that it wasn't on DCL, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I'm from Georgia, and we drink sweet tea all the time. Sorry to disappoint, but the tea on RCI is unsweet and it tastes bad lol. No amount of sugar can make it taste good, IMO! I just buy the coke cup.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Lol, no. You wouldn't understand unless you lived in the south!

I'm from Georgia, and we drink sweet tea all the time. Sorry to disappoint, but the tea on RCI is unsweet and it tastes bad lol. No amount of sugar can make it taste good, IMO! I just buy the coke cup.

How much is the coke cup?

Just be careful asking for iced tea with breakfast. A few years ago on the FOTS I asked for iced tea and was given a glass of icewater with a tea bag in it....

That's hilarious, yet it somehow isn't. :confused: Your experience must be the exception, not the rule, because every wait person on every RCI ship knows what iced tea is. They serve it at every other time of the day on every ship we've ever been on. Maybe he thought it would be funny.

Freebygsy,

American "Southern Sweet Iced Tea" should be a class all by itself. ;) My aunts used to make it so sweet I swear you could stand a spoon up in it.

Iced tea is meant to be savored on hot days in full sunshine, so the tea is made strong and sweet, then watered down by melting ice cubes in a tall thin glass. To begin with, the blend of tea leaves is different from the stuff used in the UK as a hot pick-me-up. Steep the leaves for about 5 minutes. The generous amount of sugar must also be added when the decoction is warm/hot in order to get it to the proper syrupy consistency. *LOL* No additional herbs and spices needed, other than lemon and perhaps the occassional mulled mint leaf...

I take my tea half unsweet and half sweet. On board I've been known to brew my own tea in a coffee cup, sweeten it, and pour it into a full glass of ice cubes. Of course, I also like PG Tips and Constant Comment and Jasmine hot teas, which makes me an odd duck anyway.

Cheers! :D

Does anyone know if they have peppermint tea bags on royal Carribean??

They usually have a mint herbal tea (pure peppermint or a blend). On our last cruise (Jan. 2013) on AOS, there was still a mix of the old tea selection and the new product they seem to be changing to. The new ones I tried were not to my taste. They seemed weak or flavored oddly. In a number of threads about what is available on board, people are recommending to bring your own if you have something in particular you really like.

to get southern sweet tea you need to add the sugar while the tea is still hot/warm. This allows more of the sugar to dissolve into the tea and it is sweeter than adding sugar to iced tea. My dh loves sweet tea, but not me. :d

this

Hi! So, I'm fromt he south, and we like our tea sweet! I was wondering if sweet tea is available on RCI. I do know that it wasn't on DCL, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

sure. it's called adding as many packets of sugar or sweetener to taste. I add a lemon squeeze or two as well