Possibly proposing in the future

tony_g51181

My friend just got proposed to while on a cruise.

Work a deal with one of the ship photographers to be there when you pop the question! (assuming you do plan on doing this on your cruise).

That was what my friend was most excited about having (other than the proposal of course, lol). He had a photographer standing around and ready to snap pics while he got down on a knee and the whole deal. Sure, you will have to pay ship prices for the pictures, but it will be worth it!

If it were me getting proposed to I would want it to happen on the first formal night because I would be dressed nice, and I would feel more comfortable in my clothes that night.

So formal night, either before dinner, or before going to whatever that night's show is.

Unless she is extremely shy. Then maybe a little later when you're still dressed nice but it is less crowded. I'm sure you will get attention from those around you.

But that's just me :p you know your partner better than I do.

(my friend was proposed to on formal night as well)

My Hubby proposed to me on the Spirit...

We were walking around the ship after we got onboard. We had a drink & He wanted to take a look in the chapel. I couldn't take a drink in the chapel...just didn't seem right, so I took my drink next door to the piano bar. When I walked back into the chapel, where I thought He was taking photos. I entered & He was on one knee in the entrance to the chapel...A very pretty tiled area. He told me we would get married in here...and we did:)

I would do it on formal night. Try an get away to talk to a photographer tell him/her what you want to do. The photographer always poses you for the pictures, after 1 or 2 poses, he can pose her standing and you kneeling . You can even go so far as to give him the ring so he can act like he's giving it to you as a prop.

Make sure If you do it in front of everyone, you do it as early as possible...she'll feel so special having people congratulate her all cruise long...that is unless she is shy. In that case just pop the question when the time feels right or when you're so nervous you feel like your going to explode...Congratulations!!!!!!

Open to ideas!???

My Hubby propsed on our Elation cruise last October. He did it up by the Whale Tail on formal night before dinner. It was perfect, just as the sun was setting. It was a family cruise and he had been planning the proposal for almost a year so all my family and closest friends were there! I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Top deck when its sunset (sunrise maybe but you will have to dig her our of bed). You could then arrange to have champagne and strwaberries brought out to you with a photographer.

However if you are sailing round the carribean then you have lots of beautiful port places to do it too.

Im a vague newly wed and I would have hated the public thing but thats just my personal opinion.

Just don't do it:d

That is really funny. Especially coupled with the title of the thread! Possibly? :eek:

My honey proposed to me on a cruise to Hawaii. We had a huge group luau dinner night planned and I always knew in my mind that that would be it. But one night he took me up to the deck under the moon..."syke!" Haha funny. Not out in the middle of no where! But alas. The luau it was, almost right as soon as we got there. Maitais and umbrella drinks to celebrate the night (and we had Hawaiian print shirts and dresses on too so the photos were so nice.) 2 other girls in our group were proposed to that night! Guess we all knew what we were thinking..it was a great day too because we took surfing lessons earlier that day!

People ask "did he surprise you?" "Uh no way I had been expecting it then for 8 months. Came right on time!" When we started dating in April that yr, we just knew we would get married the following May. Engaged in Dec, married in May and had our 10th this yr!

Woowoo! Love proposals and weddings!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Yea Possibly? as meaning wanting to but wanting to make it specail. call me a hopeless romantic! lol......I am trying those closest to us to join us because I think would be better. I am going to search out the CD for the cruise and see what they can offer to assist me with this.

Yea Possibly? as meaning wanting to but wanting to make it specail. call me a hopeless romantic! lol......I am trying those closest to us to join us because I think would be better. I am going to search out the CD for the cruise and see what they can offer to assist me with this.

I was just going to say try to get the CD's help. Maybe he can have you picked during the Marriage show--wildly waving your arms, he calls on you, explain you're not married yet BUT!---in front of everyone propose! It will be on TV all week and in the week's video.

I would do it on formal night. Try an get away to talk to a photographer tell him/her what you want to do. The photographer always poses you for the pictures, after 1 or 2 poses, he can pose her standing and you kneeling . You can even go so far as to give him the ring so he can act like he's giving it to you as a prop.

If I were being proposed to on a cruise ship, this would be AWESOME! First, your lady will be all dressed up and looking her best and second, you will have pics of the memory. Those two things spell proposal perfection to me!

However you propose, learn from my mistake and have the ring insured BEFORE the cruise!!

My Fiance lost her ring after a few too many Green Monsters at Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel. Should have insured it before I proposed, but I just didnt think about it at the time. The replacement was insured the day we got it. That was one of the more expensive lessons I have ever learned.

Archived