VIBE pass worth it for Oct trip out of NYC?

jessicak76

I was on breakaway in June. Got vibe passes. Best 79 bucks I spent. Going again on sept 29. Insisted that we get to port by 10:30 so I can be at the front of the line to get them again. No kids. No rap music, which gives me a massive headache. No loud rock music, which at the pool is so loud that the bass makes the floor vibrate. Quiet. Nice bar. Nice man spritzing me with cold water every half hour or so. I figure even if its chilly, I will sit there in peace and quiet with a beautiful view and read Undisturbed with my cocktail.

Terry.

Edited by tel2

i doubt it would be worth it for the first and last day, but it will be worth it for the other sea day and port days. the weather is chilly, but the deck gets crowded and the hot tubs are full. so to me, it would be worth it for the hot tubs and privacy

Do you have to pay for the entire cruise for Vibe or can you pay for individual days?

Wondering what the costs would be on a 12-day January cruise for Vibe and perhaps the cost for the cabana.

The cabana would probably block the wind somewhat.....correct?

Don

Do you have to pay for the entire cruise for Vibe or can you pay for individual days?

Wondering what the costs would be on a 12-day January cruise for Vibe and perhaps the cost for the cabana.

The cabana would probably block the wind somewhat.....correct?

Don

you can get day by day but not for the cabanas. If its warm out, I would do it in a heartbeat. I think its worth every penny to get a cabana and have a nice quiet place to relax any time you want. The money can be offset by downgrading from a balcony to an ocean view.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

I am on the Nov 10th cruise thinking it will be cold at least the first and last day, but still think it would be worth it. I do have one question, someone had said that they broke their ankle. And they could not climb the stairs? I use a scooter because of a bad ankle, but I can do a couple of steps.

My question is, is Vibe in an area that I would not be able to use my scooter? I was thinking it would be less eaiser then the main pool area.

What type of cabin do you have? I had an aft balcony; it was so big and wonderful, so I did not feel the need a VIBE pass. So, I'd look to apply the funds to upgrade opportunities before the cruise (unless you are already in a great cabin). Otherwise, I'd check the extended weather forecast before you board; it might give you some idea of what to expect at sea. Finding a marine forecast or knowing how weather tends to track might help you guess what you might get at sea. If the forecast suggests cooler, windier or rainier conditions during your sea days, I personally would not bother with VIBE passes.

• 4 months later...

Thank you for the great picture.

I see that there are only 5 cabanas and it seems like at least 5 people would purchase the week long rental......so how are they able to rent them out for a daily pass?

If you purchase the week long cabana vibe pass, is that your cabana for the week or is it shared?

Thanks again!

Thank you for the great picture.

I see that there are only 5 cabanas and it seems like at least 5 people would purchase the week long rental......so how are they able to rent them out for a daily pass?

If you purchase the week long cabana vibe pass, is that your cabana for the week or is it shared?

Thanks again!

The cabanas are for 2 people/cabana. $300 for the week which includes cabana (same one every day. If you have cabana #1 you have it all week), entrance to vibe and $100 food and beverage credit. On our sailing we were told they sold 40 passes to vibe. They were gone very quickly. I can't imagine there ever being a day pass available because the weeklys sell out so fast.

The chances of a non suite holder getting a cabana is probably pretty slim.

I purchased our spa pass at the spa... Where do I go for The Vibe Pass? Guest Service or Vibe?

You go to Guest Services for Vibe. Do not pass Go. LOL When we went, there was a separate line for vibe passes and there was a guest services member handing out numbers so they knew how many they were handing out so you didn't wait on line only to find out you didn't get them. Regular passes sold out first - so in fact the people behind us ended up getting a cabana because it was all that's left, but I guess it's really an unknown because you never know who would want them and who wouldn't.