Who is just about reduced to tears when it's time to disembark?

cruisecritiquer

I almost cried last night after the finale show.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Come to think of it, that got me a little misty, too! But I actually find that I get cranky and grouchy, so I make a conscious effort not to be sassy just because I'm miserable! :o

Sometimes I might get a little teary-eyed at the last show, when the crew gets introduced, but I'm always ready to get back home on the last day, no matter how much I loved the cruise. There truly is no place like home. I was just reading on another board about people who take VERY long cruises, and I can't imagine being away from home for that long.

I'm always ready to go home once it docks for disembarkation. I actually enjoy my home life. I just like traveling as well. Truth is, I always feel like I need another vacation after a cruise. I'm always so jet-lagged. Perhaps the result of too much partying and staying up all night.

I find tears steaming down my face at the finale show when they show the video collage of our cruise, as well as when the staff used to sing, "This is your home, away from home, you are a part of our family...."

I don't cry when we get off the ship, but I am extremely sad and disappointed, in spite of having a great time and making many new great memories. I guess it's always hardest when there isn't another cruise booked for the future, so always make sure that happens! :)

I am not in tears on the last day, I am sort of in a rush to get off though. However, it is the day before that I am SO depressed. That is when it hits me. I cant even enjoy the last day of the cruise because I keep telling myself...."this time tomorrow I will be home."

I totally get the Post Cruise Depression thing. Sometimes it's the "ship still rocking" feeling that makes me dizzy and feeling down. Most of the time, it's the return to reality that bites. I agree, booking another cruise soon helps. Oh, and taking an extra vacation day before returning to work too.

I haven't cruised too often - only 7 in 45 years :( - but they have all been brilliant. The hardest ship to leave was MS Expedition from Antarctica - what an awesome trip. The easiest was Australis - not because it was a bad trip, but because we had arrived in our new home! Looking forward to cruise number 8 in three months. :D

Cruises dont make me sad when they're over, but now that I think of it, resorts do. I guess I don't get emotional about cruises because they're impermanent and mobile. Always on the go, never remaining. However, a resort is like paradise, a place I wouldnt mind getting lost in forever. Now I do realize that a cruise is a mobile resort, but a cruise lacks something resorts have. Due to their mobility and constant change of location, they lack culture. Don't get me wrong, I love cruises. However when you visit an island resort or a destination where you remain for days, you get to... in a way, "suck all the marrow out" of their customs and tradition and truly experience the exoticness of their land. That, my friends, is what makes my eyes fill with emotion. The love of culture and tradition... it's the zest of life.

Archived