MBNA RCL Visa card...has anyone had this happen to them?

Last week I called to cash in points from our card for our criuse coming up in September. I told the woman that I wanted to cash in 15,000 points in 3 5,000 point certificates. She asked if we were going on a cruise, and I said yes, in September. We got one certificate in the mail Friday and i just put it aside figuring the other 2 were lost (that is what happened to my brother the week before). Well I opened it up yesterday and it was 1 15,000 certificate instead of the 3 5,000 ones. Has anyone had this happen to them? I figure I can't call until Tuesday morning, but will I be able to exchange them, or am I stuck with the 15,000 one?

Yes, a similar thing happened to us, it was for 25,000 points, in the past we would get 5-$50 certificates. I was concerned, but we had no problem with the credits, enjoy your cruise.

You can call Customer service and they can verify the credit. We did.

I had 15000 points to redeem, and I did not specify 3 $50 vouchers, so I got one voucher that did not have the shipboard credit option. I called C&A prior to sending it in and all I had to do was write in on the back that I wanted shipboard credit for $150. I also noted the reps name I spoke to and kept copies. No problems.

Last week I called to cash in points from our card for our criuse coming up in September. I told the woman that I wanted to cash in 15,000 points in 3 5,000 point certificates. She asked if we were going on a cruise, and I said yes, in September. We got one certificate in the mail Friday and i just put it aside figuring the other 2 were lost (that is what happened to my brother the week before). Well I opened it up yesterday and it was 1 15,000 certificate instead of the 3 5,000 ones. Has anyone had this happen to them? I figure I can't call until Tuesday morning, but will I be able to exchange them, or am I stuck with the 15,000 one?

No problem. Call the C&A desk and tell them what you want. They were very accomodating to me. I just wrote down "I want $150 onboard credit" on the certificate. They asked me to fax the front and back of the certificate to the C&A desk and to then mail the original. They told me there's no need to overnight it; it was in the system from the fax. Just in case, I am bringing a copy of my fax with me to Miami.

Have a great cruise.

No problem. Call the C&A desk and tell them what you want. They were very accomodating to me. I just wrote down "I want $150 onboard credit" on the certificate. They asked me to fax the front and back of the certificate to the C&A desk and to then mail the original. They told me there's no need to overnight it; it was in the system from the fax. Just in case, I am bringing a copy of my fax with me to Miami.

Have a great cruise.

Ditto, the same thing happened to us and it was handled the same way. No problems at all, but the credit does take 2 or 3 days to show up on your account after you board the ship.

I just ordered six 5000 point certificates 2 weeks ago. Each certificate will be mailed in a separate envelope. I received 6 envelopes yesterday with the correct certificates. If you request more than one certificate and you only get one envelope you will know there is a mistake before you even open it.

I just ordered six 5000 point certificates 2 weeks ago. Each certificate will be mailed in a separate envelope. I received 6 envelopes yesterday with the correct certificates. If you request more than one certificate and you only get one envelope you will know there is a mistake before you even open it.

Actually, no this is not the case. I have ordered multiple certificates before and they have been spilt up in the mail. Get 1 one day and another the next day. My brother called for his 2 weeks ago, and he got 1 certificate on Saturday and the other on Tuesday. So I thought that they might have been spilt up in the mail until I opened it to see that it was for 15,000 points!

Yes, a similar thing happened to us, it was for 25,000 points, in the past we would get 5-$50 certificates. I was concerned, but we had no problem with the credits, enjoy your cruise.

You can call Customer service and they can verify the credit. We did.

Do I need to call MBNA or RCL?

I have used 20,000 points before on a cruise. This is just the first time that they have combined it into one certificate.

Do I need to call MBNA to correct it or RCL?

well i dont understand, i thought you for example , you could use 5000pts for a $50 ship credit on you seapass, only 1 $50 dollar per cabin per use...what would or could i do with a second 5000pts cert.?

No, you can use as many certificates as you want for each cruise. If you have 5 $50 certificates, you will get a $250 onboard credit. Therefore you can use multiple 5,000 pt certificates.

Kim,

Call the Crown & Anchor desk at RCCL and tell them what happened. They will tell you to write on the back of the coupon that you want onboard credit and mail it in. RCCL can resolve this. You don't need to go back to MBNA, who sent you the wrong thing in the first place.

In a semi-related topic, Bank of America just bought MBNA. Might this affect cardholders?

I went to the MBNA site today and they state that all will remain the same as it is RCCL that sets the rewards. I hope so because I have over 30,000 pts and want to use 15,000 of them for a cruise on Enchantment in Feb 06

DDean52,

You should have received a brochure with your card (small pamphlet entitled ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONL REWARDS PROGRAM) explaining in detail how all the rewards work. I would suggest that you order one from MBNA so you know how each of the options work and how to redeem them. Deb

i have all these points....and for the last 3 cruises only useing 5000 pts per cruise.....how stupid! guys thanks much. guess what im doing on tuesday morning? lol

dean( this is whats great about this web site never too old to learn a new trick):D

Archived