New Reserved Passage / Open Passage conditions as of August 1st, 2013

UniPac

Does any one know if the new terms for Celebrity's Reserved and Open Passages programme are already in effect?

Does anyone have a clearer copy of the new terms that I have posted in the attachment below? I DO appreciate the efforts of the CC poster that posted the following scan of the document, and am very sorry that I did not record the name so that I could properly credit their post.

:)

New Reserved and Open Passages Terms (Aug 26, 2013).pdf

The thread is here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1903077

I believe Unipac started it.

Effective Aug 1, 2013 if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty sure it's August 1st as well. Keep in mind there's now 2 types of Passages Certificates, issued before & after 8/1/13.

Check out this post where I enlarged and formatted the fine print for the upcoming offer for you:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39707435&postcount=80

Not for the UK!

However I did well a few weeks ago.

I had asked in Jan / Feb if I could get the 1-2-3 offer on my already booked TA for Oct 2013 and I was told that I could cancel and re book at today's prices ( + £650) and I would have lost my early booking bonus (£200) and OBC ($150)

At the beginning of the summer, Celebrity UK were advertising the drinks package for my TA, so eventually I rang and it was added, with no change to the booking.

Moral, keep ringing and eventually (hopefully) you will be successful.

To those asking about reserved passages (not open, picked a specific date) on a previous cruise prior to Aug 1, 2013 -

My honeymoon cruise just recently became eligible for the PYP promotion without a price increase. I had reserved this cruise on a previous cruise and already had $200 OBC for doing so, but I figured even if I couldn't combine, $300 OBC was still better.

I called Captain's Club and spent a lot of time on hold, then talked to a very nice customer service representative who did a bit of digging for me. She told me that certain sail dates were being grandfathered in and given the ability to combine promotions - Passages and PYP or 123Go - but that, unfortunately, mine was not on the list of grandfathered sail dates.

She recommended switching to the PYP so that I would get the $300 OBC (though I did have to pay an extra $250 deposit, not on top of the price, just a bigger deposit) and that if the list of grandfathered sail dates changed in the future, I could call and get my original $200 OBC combined with my PYP $300.

Hopefully this clears up questions about pre-Aug 1 reservations (and doesn't add more confusion!) but it's worth calling Captain's Club directly if you have questions. They seem to be a little more willing to find out the answer than the regular reservations line. I'll be calling back every few weeks to see if my sail date gets added to the grandfathered list. :D

Hope someone can help me out.

I purchased on open passage few years ago.

I am booking into a "group" cruise and choosing one of the perks (drinks)

TA asked me to sign a " booking transfer" form, but I didn't book a cabin directly with Celebrity. :confused:

Confused about combing offers...

Group rate - Passage OBC - Perk Your Perk

Will I be entitled to all three? :confused:

So confused! :(

Hope someone can help me out.

I purchased on open passage few years ago.

I am booking into a "group" cruise and choosing one of the perks (drinks)

TA asked me to sign a " booking transfer" form' date=' but I didn't book a cabin directly with Celebrity. :confused:

Confused about combing offers...

Group rate - Passage OBC - Perk Your Perk

Will I be entitled to all three? :confused:

So confused![/b'] :(

Your booking/certificate number is your reservation number. It just does not have a cruise attached yet. That number is needed to give you the Open Passages perks ie OBC, category upgrade etc. Right now Celebrity is holding your reservation and you need to complete the transfer form so your TA can add the cruise portion. Your TA will have to call to find out which offers X will let you combine with your Passages booking.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Your booking/certificate number is your reservation number. It just does not have a cruise attached yet. That number is needed to give you the Open Passages perks ie OBC, category upgrade etc. Right now Celebrity is holding your reservation and you need to complete the transfer form so your TA can add the cruise portion. Your TA will have to call to find out which offers X will let you combine with your Passages booking.

Thanks Christine

Didn't realize the cert was attached to a so called reservation number.

But do not under about how Celebrity is holding a reservation since I haven't booked one. :confused:

TA is holding several cabins for a group. I am hoping I can still get the OBC with all the other perks - obc, group rate plus obc from the divided free berth, plus the pick one perk.

Christene

Thanks Christine

But do not under about how Celebrity is holding a reservation since I haven't booked one. :confused:

TA is holding several cabins for a group. I am hoping I can still get the OBC with all the other perks - obc' date=' group rate plus obc from the divided free berth, plus the pick one perk.

Christene[/quote']

I do not believe PYP is combinable with Group Rates. Also, Passages prior to 8/1 are not combinable with all future cruises...only some that have been "grandfathered" in

Thanks Christine

TA is holding several cabins for a group. I am hoping I can still get the OBC with all the other perks - obc' date=' group rate plus obc from the divided free berth, plus the pick one perk.

Christene[/quote']

I wouldn't be too disappointed when you don't though. You will probably have to decide which one you want.

If you look at the Open Passage Certificate that you purchased 2 years ago, it has your "reservation/booking/certificate" number on it. What you don't have is a cruise to attach to it. So your Certificate has to be transferred to your TA to actually book a specific cruise.

When you bought your OP you paid $200 but I understand (could be wrong lol) that Group Bookings require the full deposit ie $900 for 2 pax. If you are close to Final Payment that is usually not a problem.

What you should do first is contact Captains Club @ 800-760-0654 because they are much more familiar with the Passages Program the the regular CSR's. Have a great cruise!

As promised, I have now much better quality of the passages form.

I can't change my first posting so I will attach it right here...

@Host Andy: maybe you can do the magic? :-)

th_NewCelebrityOnboardFCProgram_zpsbb7f8376.jpg

And as PDF both the front and the back, I think esp. the fine print is easier to read now:

NewCelebrityOnboardFCProgram_front.pdf

NewCelebrityOnboardFCProgram_back.pdf

I just got the confirmation from my TA that my onboard booking was transfered and I got the OBC by celebrity plus pick your perk!

Cant see the perks online at My Celebrity yet (I only see the booking was transfered) but it's on the invoice my TA sent me.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived