Is it safe to consume drinks with ice in Cozumel?

CaribbeanBound

As long as you stick to the tourist restaurants and beach clubs you can drink all the icy drinks you want -- they use purified water for cooking and ice. Don't blame the ice -- blame the 12 margaritas! :rolleyes:

I had a problem in Coz one time

I bought a cola from a street vendor - it was in a bottle so no big deal I thought.

Turned out it was kinda warm but they offered a cup with ice ... from inside their wagon.

BIG MISTAKE - it was early in the morning and I was not firing on all cylinders yet.

I've eaten in MANY rest' in Coz' and enjoyed many a liquid libation at bars there and only this one time did I do the green apple two step . . .

I got very sick after eating at an all inclusive resort in Cozumel. I felt safe because I knew they were on a water purification system... but the vegetable growers were not. Therein was my problem. Not all bad though, because I lost 14 lbs. By the way, I continue to go back to the same all inclusive every time I cruise, and continue to eat and drink whatever I want. Can't live life afraid of what might happen.

Archived