New to Princess.. booked on Sapphire

bzkdz

We have only sailed Disney with our kids (teens, adults and one preschooler), but since it's Dh and my 25th anniversary, I just booked us a 3 night getaway out of Los Angeles, stopping in Ensenada. No kids and no flights, we can just drive down! yay!

You can book an excursion through your "Cruise Personalizer." Log into "My Princess" and then select your cruise. Fill out your personal information data. One of the links is to book excursions.

On Princess, when you book an excursion, you're making a reservation. You don't pre-pay. After check-in for your cruise, your tour tickets will be delivered to your cabin and the amount(s) charged to your folio. You have until 24-48 hours before your tour to cancel. The Princess Patter will have the information on which port's tours are closing and when. To cancel, just drop your ticket(s) into the drop box in front of the Shore Excursion Desk. You don't have to wait for it to be open or manned to cancel or book an excursion.

We have only sailed Disney with our kids (teens, adults and one preschooler), but since it's Dh and my 25th anniversary, I just booked us a 3 night getaway out of Los Angeles, stopping in Ensenada. No kids and no flights, we can just drive down! yay!

You picked a great ship for your first Princess cruise! If you are not booked in a balcony stateroom, check out the Serenity area. It is so relaxing there that you will forget you even have kids :D Have fun!

I have just returned from a jaunt around the UK on the Caribbean Princess. I can truthfully say that the staff were the friendliest we have come across on the 8 cruises we have been on.

Loved the ship, food and entertainment (well, most of it).

We will sail with Princess again in the future.

Enjoy!

I'm glad you checked out the Princess website. Tons of info there. We went on the Sapphire when it was brand new and I'm sure she's still as beautiful now as she was back then.

You might get spoiled being on Princess and may decide to take the kids next time (there is a full program for them onboard, especially if you go when school is out).

BTW, you can stay onboard in Ensenada. I'm sure you won't be alone.

Make sure you eat in the dining room the first evening and have the flourless double chocolate cake, that is if you love chocolate. It only seems to be offered the first night of Princess cruises.

A 3 night cruise is so short, but hopefully you will enjoy and book a longer one from CA on Princess.

Enjoy your 25th anniversary.

Welcome to CC..:)

I know you will be back. Sapphire is a beautiful and fun ship. The IC--International Café---is a fun place to hang out. Most of the food is free, and very good. That area/atrium is the heart of the ship.

I recommend a ships tour to visit 2 wineries. There are 2 tours, but we liked the one with 2 wineries. Book ships tours asap.

Enjoy.

Pat

Archived