Hotel in Boston Pre and Post Cruise in Oct

gem1017

My husband and I will be flying in on Oct. 19,pre cruise,for the 10/20/13 Brilliance of the Seas and staying one night post cruise. I am having sticker shock at the price of hotels! Seeing as we won't have transportation it is important to be able to get to from the airport and cruise terminal as economically as possible. Of course we want to go shopping downtown Quincy market etc.. Any suggestions or help? I have been searching for what seems like hours with no luck. I know I can count on my fellow cruisers! Thank you in advance :)

That's the head of the Charles weekend, so hotels are going to be super expensive.

You have essentially two choices. There's a 3.5* hotel on Hotwire for $176 plus tax in the Theater District. You would have to take a cab from Logan Airport or the T Silver Line, Red Line and Orange Line to the hotel and from the hotel back to the pier.

You can also check out the Best Western Quincy which is less money but offers both an airport shuttle and a Cruiseport shuttle. However, you will be in Quincy and will have to take the Red Line into downtown, which will be 20-30 minutes.

The following weekend there is a 3.5* hotel in the Theater District for $139 - not likely to be the same hotel.

Thank you all for your responses! Being from Texas I had no idea what the Head of The Charles was....sorry! I booked the Best Western Adams Inn. I understand from posters it's not in the best area but I was told by the gentleman I spoke with that if I could count to 3, I could get to town via the subway;). They provide transportation to from pier and airport AND I got a king bed room for only $165. That's taxes and all. I feel lucky now to have gotten that!

I had no idea what Head of the Charles was either, until I went looking for a hotel for my guests for my wedding, that weekend. The closest hotel that I could get a block at that didn't have a 3 night minimum to my Newton ceremony/reception was in Bedford.

I had no idea what Head of the Charles was either, until I went looking for a hotel for my guests for my wedding, that weekend. The closest hotel that I could get a block at that didn't have a 3 night minimum to my Newton ceremony/reception was in Bedford.

I am originally from Bedford. Very good area and not too far from Newton.

How are the guests getting to/from the hotel?

That was 4 years ago. It was expected that guests would transport themselves......

However, one of our guests ended up getting a priceline deal for a hotel in Billerica, figuring it wasn't too far from the hotel in Bedford. That group just ended up getting rooms there. The rest of my family that needed rooms ended up staying in Rhode Island closer to family. The last couple of people were able to find single rooms locally towards the last minute.

That was 4 years ago. It was expected that guests would transport themselves......

However, one of our guests ended up getting a priceline deal for a hotel in Billerica, figuring it wasn't too far from the hotel in Bedford. That group just ended up getting rooms there. The rest of my family that needed rooms ended up staying in Rhode Island closer to family. The last couple of people were able to find single rooms locally towards the last minute.

Oops. It sounds as tho all went well.:):)

Yes, it all worked out well in the end, but it was annoying that no one would talk to me. I figured of all things, a hotel block was the least of my worries. One of my coworkers told me about Head of the Charles, and we looked up and saw it was that weekend. At that time, my office was next door to a hotel, so I went over and asked, and they said they wouldn't be able to offer me rooms that weekend.....

We had a Sunday wedding, so a three night minimum just wasn't going to work. Granted, a few people did come in early, I wanted the option for people to arrive Saturday and leave Monday. Not force them to come in early. I actually printed an insert that I included with my Save the Dates warning people to book hotels sooner than later.

Archived