Info needed on Noordam inside cabins

BiggerBob

We are looking to book an inside category L on the Noordam 11 day sailing in November. We usually do balconies so getting a bit nervous about the size of the insides.

If anyone has stayed in a L inside please share your thoughts. We will be booking a cabana for the cruise so will have somewhere to hang out during the day.

Thanks Patricia

:confused:

We stayed in an L (6th deck) on Zuiderdam, sister ship to Noordam. While it was wide, it wasn't long. It was fine for DH & I. Since then, we've made it a point to book a J or K (Main Deck) on the other ships such as Noordam, Eurodam, and Westerdam. 200 sq ft.

I agree with Ruth. If you're going to miss having a balcony, you might want to reconsider booking an inside.

I would ask for more information about the cabanas. Last year, I took my sister to the Med. for 24 days on Nieuw Amsterdam, her first time in an inside cabin. I considered getting a cabana, but there were only two sea days, so not worth it. then I was snooping about The Retreat, and discovered that the cabanas are only yours during the day...After hours they have events there. We would not have been on the ship during the hours we could have used it. Perhaps it is different on other ships that have it. EM

We have had three in an L cabin on the Noordam and it was fine but we are pretty much fine with any cabin. I often marvel at the thoughts and time that go into cabin selection. Location is one thing but other than that we usually take an inside cabin. An exception would be a TA or itinerary with lots of sea days.

Thanks for all the input. I was going into panic mode as we are going to book today. The plan all along has been to book the inside and have the cabana for the week.

Just searching the insides and reading that some people found them to be really tiny made me start to question our plan.

We did have the cabana on our last NA cruise and loved it. Just hope they do not book a lot of private functions up there, however after 5pm or so we were generally done for the day.

Just hope we won't be tripping over each other trying to get ready at night!:p

Thanks Patricia

We are looking to book an inside category L on the Noordam 11 day sailing in November. We usually do balconies so getting a bit nervous about the size of the insides.

If anyone has stayed in a L inside please share your thoughts. We will be booking a cabana for the cruise so will have somewhere to hang out during the day.

Thanks Patricia

:confused:

Bob, You need to log into our trip site, The Turkeys At Sea,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1744259&page=9

Register for our M&M and chat with all of us other turkeys, some great folks here, looking forward to seeing you onboard. Linda

Archived