Balcony on the hump

We're in 9340 (centre hump) on 'Liberty Of The Seas' in September (can't wait!!!)

Anyone else stayed in this room on Freedom class?

We've been in 9638, on the other side of the ship. I don't recall thinking it was any more windy that other balconies.

We're in 9340 (centre hump) on 'Liberty Of The Seas' in September (can't wait!!!)

Anyone else stayed in this room on Freedom class?

I have that cabin on Freedom in October! Can't wait! :cool:

lv2bcruzin :

I recently read a thread by someone who had a hump cabin on a radiance class ship who said it was VERY loud and difficult to sleep if you like to turn in before mid-night. Since most of the action on the radiance class ships take place in the centrum, being near that area can make it noisy.

I haven't been in a hump cabin before, so I guess we'll see how noisy it actually is. But, we stay up late in general, so I don't think it will be too much of a problem in regards to activity. Not sure if there any other potential noise issues.

Had JS hump cabin on Freedom last March. Loved it!!! Two doors away from elevator/stairs. Balcony was large enough for two chairs, two loungers and table. Will have hump cabin next March on Indy. Can't wait.

lv2bcruzin :

I recently read a thread by someone who had a hump cabin on a radiance class ship who said it was VERY loud and difficult to sleep if you like to turn in before mid-night. Since most of the action on the radiance class ships take place in the centrum, being near that area can make it noisy.

We have had hump balconies on Serenade and Jewel and never have had an issue with noise. Always center humps so right in the middle. The walls between the cabins and the centrum totally cut the noise. On Radiance Class especially the humps are the best as you can see down. The other balconies along the side have the life boat covers below you so you see them when looking down.

We get hump balconies on every ship we can, just a perfect location. I am actually opposite of a lot of people. Had a chance to upgrade to a D1 aft on Liberty and would never do it again. It was fine, big balcony was nice. But when I look down from my balcony, I want to see water and wake, not the the inside of the balcony below me. And my DH would HATE the walk from the elevator to the aft on Liberty. I did not mind as I walk all the time, be he would never have liked that. Humps are just the perfect location on the ship for us.

I've got 7338 on FOS booked for our holiday cruise this Christmas... cant wait! :D

I'll be in the same cabin on FOS for a B2B a week or so after you. :)

We always book early so we can get the center hump cabins. We love the location and views. We've never had a problem with noise from the Centrum on the Radiance class ships, so we've booked the center hump on the Serenade for 2015. :cool:

Archived