Balcony on the hump

We are in cabin 7336 on Liberty in December. I've heard cabins on the hump are better. Is this true? Anyone have photos?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Yes, the hump cabins are better. Better location, better views, close to the elevators. LOVE those hump cabins! Had my first on the Mariner and both upcoming cruises on the Navigator we have hump cabins booked. :D

Funny I was just looking at the Liberty next March on the hump. We have never been in a hump cabin, but we have one booked on the Jewel in November and it's center hump. So, I guess we'll know after that whether or not it's worth it. I really like the aft cabins all the way on the back of the ship and the one corner ones on the Liberty look to have huge balconies.

The elevator location has never really been an issue for us as I said we prefer aft. Unless you have issues walking there's not a cruise ship out there that is so large a short walk to the aft should be too big of a deal. At least it's not a concern for us. That being said. It will obviously be a nice perk. :p

I have had hump cabins and they are great. The only thing is do not get a hump cabin that faces forward as it will get a lot of wind while underway. The other issue is that the two hump cabins near the regular cabins will allow your adjacent cabin dwellers to look into your balcony and vice versa. The center hump cabin is the best IMO.

lv2bcruzin :

I recently read a thread by someone who had a hump cabin on a radiance class ship who said it was VERY loud and difficult to sleep if you like to turn in before mid-night. Since most of the action on the radiance class ships take place in the centrum, being near that area can make it noisy.

As others have said, the humps are closer to the elevators. Other than that, I don't see any advantage. I had 6614 on Navigator last year - it was at the bow end of the hump so, as mentioned before, it was windy...and the neighbors could have seen over the divider if they'd had a mind too.

Some folks like the fact that there's a small amount of extra space next to the bed that's closest to the window/door, but I didn't see that it made any difference.

But hey, give it a try, maybe you'll like it a lot. These cabins definitely have their fans, as you can tell by other posts.

Happy sailing to all!

I had Hump # 9580 on Serenade that was 2 cabins foward from center hump and I loved it! Can look straight down and all the way forward and aft. I enjoyed the library ride outside the room and the chairs and tables right by the railing which was a good place sipping a drink and playing a game of backgammon!

On Freedom in 46 days (:D) I have 9340 center hump! I am so looking forward to it! We just love the hump for convience when needed. But I have found that the forward elevators are never as crowded as the center elevators so we use those alot and end up walking the hallway anyway, so the location to the stairs and elevators is not a selling point of the hump for us!

I wanted to see what all the hub bub with a hump cabin was about so we are booked on the Independence 7338 in February 2014.

We were in 6360 on the Indy in Dec 2012 and it was very nice but about six cabins behind the hump cabins. I am hoping we love the middle hump cabins where we can see both forward and backwards.

You will have to let us know NKsDogWalker what you think after your cruise. You are right next door to the cabin we have booked.

lv2bcruzin :

I recently read a thread by someone who had a hump cabin on a radiance class ship who said it was VERY loud and difficult to sleep if you like to turn in before mid-night. Since most of the action on the radiance class ships take place in the centrum, being near that area can make it noisy.

Here is the link to the thread I mentioned. It doesn't pertain to the OP, who is on a Freedom Class ship, but may be of interest to those booking on a Radiance Class ship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1903868

Technically, this is not a hump cabin. Because it is on the side of the ship with the glass elevator banks, it's actually in front of the hump. The problem is that side of the ship is open air from the promenade deck all the way up to deck 12. The hump cabins on that class of ship are on the opposite side away from the elevator banks, and are separated from the atrium by a solid wall that goes from deck 6 all the way up to the pool deck. Not surprised that the cabin mentioned would be noisy, since it effectively sits right in the middle of a huge open air speaker cone:eek:

I have done 2 cruises so far, and am very new to cc, so could someone actually tell me what a hump cabin is as I don't have a clue. Many thanks

If you look at the deck layouts on Royal Caribbeans site, you will see a little farther back than half way a spot that bows out from the ship like a bump or camel hump. These are what are called the hump cabins.

I love hump cabins:D except on the Vision and Radiance class ships. I can't say that all are noisy, but why chance it. I want to make every cruise as good as it can be. I want to enjoy every minute. Therefore, no humps on these two classes of ships for this cruiser. I think they have tried to fix this noise problem and this is good. If you like to stay up late and party this is great for you (you can crawl home from the bar and the noise will never bother you).

Archived