quiet beach in Cozumel

freebird035

My wife and I are seeking a place to relax we don't drink and have both had weight loss surgery so we eat very little at a time so the all inclusive deals wouldn't really benefit us. We will be in Cozumel in mid October arriving on Carnival Paradise. Can anyone suggest a nice restful beach or resort that won't break the bank and has an ala carte style menu ? Thanks friends:)

My wife and I are seeking a place to relax we don't drink and have both had weight loss surgery so we eat very little at a time so the all inclusive deals wouldn't really benefit us. We will be in Cozumel in mid October arriving on Carnival Paradise. Can anyone suggest a nice restful beach or resort that won't break the bank and has an ala carte style menu ? Thanks friends:)

Playa Palancar to the south. A taxi will cost more to here than to most of the beach bars since it is right at the end of the southern run of beach clubs and resorts. The distance and cost is one reason why it is quiet. There is no entrance fee and it is pay as you go.

To the north there is Buccanos at Club Caribe which has a beach area and pool. $10 cover charge which is credited against food and drink.

The purchase of some snacks or drinks is expected at most beach bars in exchange for use of facilities.

See the post titled Nachi Coccum.

Nachi seems the perfect spot for you. They accept only 100 reservations, so sign up early.

I agree Nachi is a quiet and relaxing beach (we love it! :D) but the OP does not drink and is not interested in food -- not sure an AI beach club is a good deal for them. :confused:

To the north there is Buccanos at Club Caribe which has a beach area and pool. $10 cover charge which is credited against food and drink.

Just an FYI, I spoke to the owners and the $10 cover charge you pay does not get credited against food. They said there's a misconception of this because some people get it and some don't. They said this only applies to people that are actually staying on the island. If you are coming by cruise ship, it's an entry fee. :(

I agree Nachi is a quiet and relaxing beach (we love it! :D) but the OP does not drink and is not interested in food -- not sure an AI beach club is a good deal for them. :confused:

To, me, I would be happy to pay the $55 entrance at Nachi Cocum, JUST for the 100 person limit. (especially on a day with, 5,6,7 ships in port.)

cozumelmap_zpse1be2215.jpg

But hey, here are some links to other choices...

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/ ($2 for lounger and buy some food and drink)

http://www.moneybarbeachclub.com/

http://www.mrsanchos.com/mr_sanchos/home.htm (does AI and walk up alacarte)

Hope that helps a bit...

I'm sure others have more inexpensive options. (99% of places will cost at least a cab ride)

Bill

Just an FYI, I spoke to the owners and the $10 cover charge you pay does not get credited against food. They said there's a misconception of this because some people get it and some don't. They said this only applies to people that are actually staying on the island. If you are coming by cruise ship, it's an entry fee. :(

Well that is very strange.

I know policies change, but I wrote to them again as recently as the beginning of this month since I had also read conflicting reviews:

My question: Could you tell me what your current policy is for day visitors to your property? Are you still charging an admission fee which is credited against food and drink and do we receive a written voucher when we pay? There seems to be some confusion after reading recent reviews and we are looking forward to visiting in December but want to be clear what the current policy is.

Answer from manager: Thank you for your interest in Buccanos! Our Beach Club is open daily from 9:00-5:00, and yes there is still the 100 peso per person admission fee (about $8), with a ticket to turn in for food /drinks.

There was no mention of whether we would be staying on the island, or visiting via cruise ship, which seems a very complicated policy that could only be monitored by what, - beach towels?

I guess in my case I will print out my email response and take it with me.

Well that is very strange.

I know policies change, but I wrote to them again as recently as the beginning of this month since I had also read conflicting reviews:

My question: Could you tell me what your current policy is for day visitors to your property? Are you still charging an admission fee which is credited against food and drink and do we receive a written voucher when we pay? There seems to be some confusion after reading recent reviews and we are looking forward to visiting in December but want to be clear what the current policy is.

Answer from manager: Thank you for your interest in Buccanos! Our Beach Club is open daily from 9:00-5:00, and yes there is still the 100 peso per person admission fee (about $8), with a ticket to turn in for food /drinks.

There was no mention of whether we would be staying on the island, or visiting via cruise ship, which seems a very complicated policy that could only be monitored by what, - beach towels?

I guess in my case I will print out my email response and take it with me.

Probably because you didn't mention that you were coming for the day by cruise ship?? According to the owner, you have to live on the island and have a "member card" for the credit deal.

This is my email back and forth with them from August 16th, only 2 weeks ago:

Here's my email to them:

Hi. We are a family of 3 (2 adults and 1 child) arriving in December by cruise ship. I was wondering if you have to book this place ahead of time or do you just show up?

Also, is there a fee to get in? I have read $8 and $10 to get in and others have stated that the entrance fee is then applied toward your food order. Is this so?

Thanks so much for your time.

RESPONSE:

Hello Kim and thank you for your interest in Buccanos. Our beachclub does not require reservations but does fill up rather fast especially in the high season so we suggest that you arrive early to be able to pick out the spot you would like. There is a small misunderstanding on prices as we have various packages. For someone coming in off the cruiseship the price is $10 usd which includes snorkeling equipment and the use of the facilities. For people who live on the island we do have a local plan by showing their local discount card and this price is $8 usd or 100 pesos which is credited towards their restaurant bill. There are also tours that come by and book the entire package with their drivers. If you decide to come the best price would be to grab a taxi and tell him to bring you directly to Buccanos asking first the price. A $10usd will be charged per person upon arrival. Kim, hope that this has helped understand our pricing. Hope to see you on the beach.

MY REPLY BACK JUST TO CLARIFY:

Thank you so much for letting me know. Do you apply the $10 entry fee to food purchased that day? We have our own snorkeling equipment and will not be needing any of that. Just a nice relaxing day at a beautiful beach club with snorkeling on our own and good food.

THEIR RESPONSE AGAIN:

Unfortunately Kim we only provide the 100 peso credit towards your restaurant bill for people who have a local discount card , a benifit we provide for our island costomers. Again the only way to purchase it on island with if you are residing in Cozumel.

Archived