Shame on Oceania

G&G

• 1 month later...

Since I started this thread, "Shame on Oceania", the beat goes on.

Just received in the mail an hour ago a post card flyer from Oceania titled Caribbean Escapes, 2013-2014. Included were cruises with the best prices I had seen in a long time; better than brochure pricing.

There was a "Special Offer Fare" for the 10 day cruise from Miami on the Riviera. We wanted to book the Penthouse for $3,631 per person. When I just went on line to book the cruise, PH1 & PH2 were sold out and PH3 was wait listed.

Oceania, never send out a flyer for special offers that are already sold out.

Since I started this thread, "Shame on Oceania", the beat goes on.

Just received in the mail an hour ago a post card flyer from Oceania titled Caribbean Escapes, 2013-2014. Included were cruises with the best prices I had seen in a long time; better than brochure pricing.

There was a "Special Offer Fare" for the 10 day cruise from Miami on the Riviera. We wanted to book the Penthouse for $3,631 per person. When I just went on line to book the cruise, PH1 & PH2 were sold out and PH3 was wait listed.

Oceania, never send out a flyer for special offers that are already sold out.

Do the prices differ from the oringinal brochure??

You could always sign up for the email promotions or check online for their promotions

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/promotions.aspx

Hey, living in Hawaii I get offers and flyers about 2 to 3 weeks after they expired.... Remember the post office takes real pride in receiving mail..delivery is an added bonus

I just books stuff I think is a good price when it is availabel and don't look back. To do so is an excersize in frustration;).

I will post a list of things i am going to buy and the date I will buy them so that all of you can wait a week later and buy them for a better price !:D

A lot can happen between the time they print a brochure and the time you receive it. Are thy supposed to stop selling cruises while they wait for the mail to arrive?

I just called Oceania. The Oceania agent told me:

1. The post card promotion was sent out a week and a half ago. I doubt every PH Suite on the Riviera was sold out in the past 10 days.

2. Oceania does not show the status of stateroom sells on these promotions. Once again shame on Oceania. I receive email, brochures, etc from all major cruise lines and they will ID which cabins are still available at time of printing.

Do the prices differ from the oringinal brochure??

You could always sign up for the email promotions or check online for their promotions

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/promotions.aspx

The prices are lower than the brochure, Oceania's website and the site you posted.

The Oceania agent just told me that this promotion was only done by mail and I had to call to reserve a stateroom

The prices are lower than the brochure, Oceania's website and the site you posted.

The Oceania agent just told me that this promotion was only done by mail and I had to call to reserve a stateroom

Thanks

Was it a promo for Florida residents??

The amount is an odd price :confused:

Thanks

Was it a promo for Florida residents??

The amount is an odd price :confused:

The promotion does not say that it is a Florida promotion but it may be since it is so close to sailing.

Hey, living in Hawaii I get offers and flyers about 2 to 3 weeks after they expired.... Remember the post office takes real pride in receiving mail..delivery is an added bonus

I just books stuff I think is a good price when it is availabel and don't look back. To do so is an excersize in frustration;).

I will post a list of things i am going to buy and the date I will buy them so that all of you can wait a week later and buy them for a better price !:D

I agree completely and that's why we book the day booking opens, get the suite

we want at a price we are willing to pay. If the price comes down it's our agent who let's us know and does the fix or not. In either case we're happy.

So many things change price. Electronics, travel, homes.

My 8th Grade Geometry teacher gave us a lesson in pricing. He said everything is on sale - all the time. Not just what's printed in the ad. If it's at a price you want to pay buy it then because you don't know if the supply with be there later on. I bought a 70 Inch TV a couple years ago. The price for the same TV is half now. I needed it for my business so I bought it knowing that electronics generally come down before the models change and again when the technology ages.

From an advertising perspective, it was a good ad in that you looked. Highly likely you might have booked something else - in a bad way that would be bait and switch which in California would be illegal. Here it's illegal to advertise for what's not available.

The promotion does not say that it is a Florida promotion but it may be since it is so close to sailing.

What date is the cruise you were looking at?

If others got the same card but their postal outlet delivered it faster then they may have gotten the deal before you ;)

I have recieved a brochure for the Caribbean, special email & one small fold-out for several intineraies but looks the the pricing was same as the brochure

Did not look too closely only at a couple I would like to do this winter they were the same prices

Lyn

I agree completely and that's why we book the day booking opens, get the suite

we want at a price we are willing to pay. If the price comes down it's our agent who let's us know and does the fix or not. In either case we're happy.

I use the same strategy. Works for me as well.

What date is the cruise you were looking at?

If others got the same card but their postal outlet delivered it faster then they may have gotten the deal before you ;)

I have recieved a brochure for the Caribbean, special email & one small fold-out for several intineraies but looks the the pricing was same as the brochure

Did not look too closely only at a couple I would like to do this winter they were the same prices

Lyn

I threw the card in the trash where it belonged. I believe the cruises I was considering was in Dec 2013.

Since the card was sent so close to sailing I believe the PH staterooms were sold out before the card was mailed; especially since the Oceania agent told me yesterday that their mailers do not show if cabins are Not Available. I guess I will not get so excited next time. We have booked three cruises on Oceania for 2014. Except for their so call promotions Oceania is an excellent cruise line.

Archived