Quebec City dock pier 103

ladyflatlander

So much angst out here about distance from pier where the Summit will be l0/13 and l0/14 to town Any one from Celebrity willing to step up to the plate and let us know if you are planning to provide a free shuttle.

Many of us with mobility problems need to know this information in advance to plan ahead.

Look forward to your response.

Ladyflatlander

When we were last at Quebec City on a Celebrity cruise there was no shuttle service. However, there were usually some taxis for those that wanted a ride to the upper city. Keep in mind that the lower town (across the street from the port) has its own share of shops and restaurants. There is also a Funiculaire that runs between the upper and lower parts of the city..although the lower station is a bit of a walk from the pier.

Hank

We will be on the Summit and dock overnight in Quebec. Although we have booked onboard with the ship for both days, we will have ample time to sightsee on our own too. Is Celebrity going to to provide a shuttle into town like Princess does in many ports? I sure hope so!

The previous two posts refer to the normal docking area. However, the October 5 cruise will dock in a totally different area, a distance away from normal docking location.

Greatly appreciate response for Celebrity concerning any transportation they will provide, since pier 103 will be an inconvenience compared to normal docking location.

The docking area is right in the lower town. There is no need for a shuttle to be there.

I wish every port was this accessible.

I wish we were right there at the lower town. Unfortunately we will be docked at Pier 103 which I have read is close to 2 miles from the main port. I could not agree more with Ladyflatlander in stating the need for a shuttle from Pier 103 to the main port. When I booked our walking tour for Sunday morning, the person with the tour company told me there would "probably be a shuttle" that we should take given the distance to the main port area where the tour guide meets everyone.

It would be wonderful to know in advance that we can get to the main port easily and on time.

The docking area is right in the lower town. There is no need for a shuttle to be there.

I wish every port was this accessible.

I would not be concerned if we were docked at the regular dock, but we will not be there. It is a little over 2 miles from Pier 103 to the where the ship generally docks. There will be 4 ships in port on 10/13 and 10/14 and looks like RCCI was last in line.

Oh my. I apologize for not having noticed the Pier 103 reference. That is a bit far for many folks to walk into town and one wonders about some kind of shuttle. Perhaps the City of Quebec will be generous and provide transportation.

Hank

Add us to the list of people who would appreciate a shuttle, preferably free but a nominal charge would be acceptable. We've booked half-day tours each day through the ship, but also allowed time to explore on our own, since Old Town Quebec appears to be quite walkable and there are a few places we want to explore in more depth than a ship's tour will permit. We also have mobility issues, and walking the extra 2 miles each way is just way too much walking.

Thanks,

Kathy

Since we are the only ship in Port on the 14th, it would be nice if Celebrity would move the ship to the closer port over night. Since it will be Thanksgiving in Canada, it would be something to be thankful for. :D

Do not hold your breath. Even if this were possible it would be very expensive for Celebrity since they would need to pay for a Pilot, stand-by tug, unionized port workers to handle the lines (at both locations), etc.

Hank

Do not hold your breath. Even if this were possible it would be very expensive for Celebrity since they would need to pay for a Pilot, stand-by tug, unionized port workers to handle the lines (at both locations), etc.

Hank

I hate realists! :D I am sure you are right; but perhaps the cost of shuttles would be higher than the move. Which means they won't do either.

I will say that Celebrity has always provided shuttles at the ports we have been to that aren't right in town. So would be more surprised if there wasn't a shuttle. And there will most likely be a charge for it.

Thanks for sharing your experience at that pier. Hopefully it will be the same with Celebrity.

I'd be surprised if there were no shuttle buses. The lines for for them were quite long at both ends. Taxi's would be a nightmare.

So much angst out here about distance from pier where the Summit will be l0/13 and l0/14 to town Any one from Celebrity willing to step up to the plate and let us know if you are planning to provide a free shuttle.

Many of us with mobility problems need to know this information in advance to plan ahead.

Look forward to your response.

Ladyflatlander

Thanks for all your comments....would be nice to hear something from Celebrity.

Thanks for all your comments....would be nice to hear something from Celebrity.

While Celebrity Cruises ostensibly monitors this forum, they do not--in my experience--actively post comments/replies here unless the matter is of widespread significance [ie; recently, the situations on Millennium]...

There are some Cruise Critic members who use the term "Celebrity" in their screen name but they are not--best I can tell--affiliated with the cruise line... Postings from the cruise line use the screen name "Celebrity Cruises"...

If you'd like to hear something directly from the cruise line on the issue you raise, your best bet--in my opinion; I mean this only constructively--is to call Customer Service or Captain's Club directly...

Azamara employs a Chief Blogging Officer--Bill Lieber--who actively and very effectively participates on that Cruise Critic forum relative to matters of wide-spread interest... It is, to my mind, a best practice that X ought adopt...

Archived