Fully booked question

royal65

I just received my new atlas yesterday and tried to book a western Africa cruise aboard the Ocean that departs Cape Town next May and it appears to be fully booked already. I checked availability for the May 2015 sailing and all of the balconies, minis and suites are sold out -- that's almost two years in advance. Any ideas as to what can be going on? perhaps large groups or charters or maybe they are just blocking the cabins?? I know Ocean is a small ship, but still.

I've seen even large ships fully booked two years out. It's uncommon but not unheard of, particularly with an unusual itinerary. Many experienced cruisers book as soon as bookings open for the best prices and cabin availability.

I would go onto a wait list if they have one. Someone will probably cancel before May 2015.

I just checked the Princess website and they still show both interior and oceanview as available for 2015, with a slightly different itinerary from 2014.

I would book a guarantee in the cabin category you want. That far out there are bound to be cancellations.

Whe we booked our Jan. 2014 cruise last week there were very balcony cabins left on decks 9, 10, and 11 so we booked a cabin on Aloha deck although we prefer Baja. When I checked yesterday there were lots of Baja cabins open. I hope they're still available on Tuesday when our TA is back to work.

Archived