Sir David Frost Dies on Queen Elizabeth

CASHIPman

Pepperrn, I join you and my fellow Cunarders in expressing condolences to Sir David Frost's wife, family and friends.

I don't think any previous posters were being offensive when commenting on the details of Sir David's passing. As a journalist, no doubt he would appreciate the interest in accuracy and detail.

Personally, while I greatly enjoyed his skill as an interviewer, I most appreciated his sense of humour, especially in my youth when he was ground-breaking in his irreverent sense of humour.

When I read the topic of this thread:

"Sir David Frost Dies on Queen Elizabeth"...

I imagined him having a hearty laugh at the implied visual.

Three cheers for David Frost, and a fond farewell.

Salacia

I thought the same thing about the title. :D

Pepperrn, I join you and my fellow Cunarders in expressing condolences to Sir David Frost's wife, family and friends.

I don't think any previous posters were being offensive when commenting on the details of Sir David's passing. As a journalist, no doubt he would appreciate the interest in accuracy and detail.

Personally, while I greatly enjoyed his skill as an interviewer, I most appreciated his sense of humour, especially in my youth when he was ground-breaking in his irreverent sense of humour.

When I read the topic of this thread:

"Sir David Frost Dies on Queen Elizabeth"...

I imagined him having a hearty laugh at the implied visual. (Although, perhaps Prince Philip's reaction might differ?)

Three cheers for David Frost, and a fond farewell.

Salacia

I think you're right. He would have laughed at that. Recalling the humour of the deceased and smiling has to be the best way to say Goodbye :)

Terribly sad for him to go so young though. 74 is still quite young :(

I saw him in person at a taping of his New York based talk show in 1969. Duke Ellington was one of the guests. I remember he always started his show holding a clipboard, reading the names of his guests, then turning towards musical director Billy Taylor and saying, "Alright, Billy."

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-david-frost-show/july-24-1969-1127051/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCug5HG9jLg

We saw him last year on the QM2. Very entertaining. More like a stand-up comic than an interviewer. Many Brits onboard said they were disappointed that he never said "Hello, good evening and welcome." We were most interested in his Nixon comments, and he didn't disappoint us. He made fun of almost everyone, from the famous like Nixon and Clinton to the little known (for us in US) Dennis Thatcher.

Sorry to hear of his passing. RIP.

RIP Sir David indeed. From a yank in California, I dearly remember David Frost's insightful interviews, and best of all, a short-lived program in the states "That was the Week that Was," brilliant television, a landmark in the 60s. He is a much-admired journalist and entertainer. Wow, I sure wish I had been on a ship where he was a speaker! A dream come true!

Archived