covered mini suites?

sweby

As I don't know this ship at all, where are the best mini-suites. I have read a couple of reviews that say they weren't covered, and didn't have much privacy from above.
If you're sailing on a Grand-class ship, none of the mini-suites on Dolphin deck are covered nor is there any privacy. The mini-suites on Emerald deck are covered, quiet and very private. However, there aren't many of them and they sell out quickly. If you are not on a Grand-class ship, it would help to know which one.

If you're sailing on a Grand-class ship, none of the mini-suites on Dolphin deck are covered nor is there any privacy. The mini-suites on Emerald deck are covered, quiet and very private. However, there aren't many of them and they sell out quickly. If you are not on a Grand-class ship, it would help to know which one.

Pam is correct and these go fast because they are also in the cheapest category of mini-suites.

I have been told that if you are prone to seasickness it is better to get a room near the middle of the ship. Is there any truth to that? I only ask because the handful of covered mini-suites are all at the very back of the ship.

Also, are there any sound issues with these mini-suites being directly above the Vista lounge?

I would love a more private shaded balcony but these two issues make me hesitant. (I am only a few weeks away from my first cruise and I already want to plan my second.)

I always book the Emerald Deck minis.

There may be more motion and vibration from thrusters, but it doesn't bother me. I think that forward would be worse for motion sensitivity, and the middle would be best.

These staterooms are also closer to the water, so you would not feel it as much as if you were higher up.

I just like the location and the covered balcony.

As for noise from the Vista Lounge, if you book on the port side, yes, you will hear and feel the music from below....especially if you are in the last three or so cabins.

On the starboard side, you won't hear anything.

Just don't take MY room!:D

I have been told that if you are prone to seasickness it is better to get a room near the middle of the ship. Is there any truth to that? I only ask because the handful of covered mini-suites are all at the very back of the ship.

Also, are there any sound issues with these mini-suites being directly above the Vista lounge?

I would love a more private shaded balcony but these two issues make me hesitant. (I am only a few weeks away from my first cruise and I already want to plan my second.)

There is some truth to that. However, the closer to the water, the less motion is even truer. There is probably a lot less motion in the Emerald deck mini-suites than a full suite on Aloha or Baja deck mid-ship. IMHO, forward is worse than aft since the bow of the ship meets the waves which are dissipated as the ship sails through or over the wave.

No noise from the lounge below except for the last 1-2 cabins on the port side which are directly above the bandstand. Even then, you'll only hear some bass until 11pm. Most people don't notice any noise in these cabins. In any of the other Emerald deck mini-suites, there's no noise or bleed from the lounge below.

What I love about these cabins is that they are near the aft elevator for easy access to the buffet above, Skywalker's, the Adagio Lounge (if your ship has one) and the Traditional dining room. You're up just one flight from Promenade deck so it's easy to go to and fro. Love, love, love these cabins.

It is nice to hear good things about these Mini-suites as we have booked E725 on the Crown.

This will be our first Princess cruise having sailed RCI, NCL and X.

Pam, I'm pretty new to the site, but I've already seen several of your posts and they are informative and helpful. Thanks for your explanation! And seaprincess, thanks to you, as well.

Sounds like I'd actually be happy assuming I get a room on the starboard side away from the stage. I have a Dolphin mini-suite this month but didn't realize at the time that it had no covering. I would prefer some shade next time.

After I booked the trip, I discovered this site and have been getting a crash course in Princess cruises. This place is friendly and I've learned a lot that will help me have a great first trip as I wade through all the threads. (I'm still not sure who exactly D.H. is, but it sounds like he really gets around.)

:D

My favorite cabin. I've had E725 three times on various ships. :)

We are on the opposite side E724 on the Golden.

What does anyone think of the Ultimate Balcony Dinner?

I didn't even know that Princess does this. We would have tried it on our trip to Alaska.

Agree with Pam.These Emerald mini suites are the best. We've just got back from a cruise to Norway on the Crown. We had E731 which is the end cabin with a very large extended curved balcony from which you can view the wake.It's on the starboard side so no noise from Club Fusion below.We loved it so much that we got in quick and booked it again on the Sapphire for a cruise from Singapore to Indonesia in January 2015.Never booked so early before but getting E731 is so worth it:D

We are on the opposite side E724 on the Golden.

What does anyone think of the Ultimate Balcony Dinner?

I didn't even know that Princess does this. We would have tried it on our trip to Alaska.

We had E724 on the Emerald a few years back. Great cabin! This cruise was for our 30th anniversary and we celebrated with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. Just fabulous! It's $50 pp and more food than you can eat. My husband had twin lobster tails that were huge (couldn't finish) and I had steak and lobster. It's a complete meal with appetizers, salad, dessert and you also receive a half bottle of champagne, flowers and an 8 x 10 photo of yourselves enjoying it all.

Sorry you missed the opportunity to enjoy the UBD but hopefully you can do it on a future trip.

We had E724 on the Emerald a few years back. Great cabin! This cruise was for our 30th anniversary and we celebrated with the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. Just fabulous! It's $50 pp and more food than you can eat. My husband had twin lobster tails that were huge (couldn't finish) and I had steak and lobster. It's a complete meal with appetizers, salad, dessert and you also receive a half bottle of champagne, flowers and an 8 x 10 photo of yourselves enjoying it all.

Sorry you missed the opportunity to enjoy the UBD but hopefully you can do it on a future trip.

Yes, I think we will do this. They offer it on our day at sea.

$100.00 for a premium dinner is not expensive when you consider the attention given W/picture and all else included. My bride should be pampered on occasion. If I happen to be there at the same time....all the better.

Have you noticed market price for lobster lately? Beef isn't much cheaper.

Steve

I had a Emerald deck mini on the port side on the Sapphire Princess and didn't hear any noise from the Vista Lounge. I've read that only the last 2 cabins have some issues with noise and it's more the bass than anything. I recently tried to get the last cabin on the port side for a cruise I recently booked, but someone snapped it up before I could make the reservation. This is a great location. As others have said, I think motion is worse the higher you are and, probably, forward. I don't have motion sickness issues, though, so I'm onto a good judge. I like motion. Like Pam, I like the proximity to the Promenade Deck and the Horizon Court.

The ONLY reason we book our mini suits on Dolphin Deck is to get one as close as possible to the mid ship elevator.

If that isn't a consideration for you, go for an Emerald Deck Mini Suite.

While we certainly want a balcony, we seldom use it so it's all about the location to us. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Archived