explore4

kittercat85

Hi again everyone,

The cruise I booked next summer has the explore4 thing on it's page with the "book now - free beverage package" thing in the corner. I booked my cruise online. I don't see anything in any of the confirmation e-mails that mentions this package deal. Should it be listed anywhere in my reservation, or is it not normally shown and this is no problem. I just want to make sure that we do have this attached to our cruise but I don't know how this normally works.

Thanks!

Hi again everyone,

The cruise I booked next summer has the explore4 thing on it's page with the "book now - free beverage package" thing in the corner. I booked my cruise online. I don't see anything in any of the confirmation e-mails that mentions this package deal. Should it be listed anywhere in my reservation, or is it not normally shown and this is no problem. I just want to make sure that we do have this attached to our cruise but I don't know how this normally works.

Thanks!

I received a separate confirmation email confirming the explore4 for my sailing. I booked directly with HAL on the phone. Here is the wording for my confirmation:

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION:

Your booking includes our Explore 4 offer:

- Signature Beverage Package (only applicable to the cruise portion of Land +

Sea Journeys)

- Free dinner surcharge for a Specialty Restaurant onboard

- 50% Reduced Deposit

- Free or Reduced 3rd/4th fares, where applicable

For full terms & conditions please visit hollandamerica.com/explore4

Yes, we also booked directly with Hal on the phone and received a separate confirmation for our explore4 for our booking next summer.

Probably worth a follow up call or email to make sure the explore4 is attached to your booking.

Originally booked with HA, then transferred booking to local TA we've used for years. She confirmed with HA that we had received the Explore4 goodies. Suggest that if you are dealing directly with HA, you call to confirm and ask for confirmation email which details every perk. Be sure to pack this email with your other cruise documents.

If you don't receive the email in a timely fashion, call back & ask to speak to a supervisor. You definitely should receive all perks to which you're entitled. Let us know how it turns out.

Gosh, I feel like a dope. There it is on one of my e-mails. I guess I was just so stupidly excited I missed it. And the fact that I kept looking online to see it - and it is not there, only the e-mail.

nana - that's a great question that I'd love to know the answer to as well. Or I guess it wouldn't really matter if I ordered the drink but then handed it over to my fiance? lol

I have a question. I don't drink alcohol or soda so I doubt I can use my $50.00 a day in drinks. Can my roomate use it? Can it be carried over to the next day? Just wondering.

Your roommate would have their own $50/day card wouldn't they? Or were you asking if their card was empty could they use yours?

Your roommate would have their own $50/day card wouldn't they? Or were you asking if their card was empty could they use yours?

It not a $50 per day limit. The regular price of the 'all you can drink' promo is $50, but you are allowed to drink up to 15 drinks (max price below $7) per day. So it's really up to $105 per day in beverages.

I think you can also use it for beverages bought in the Explorations Cafe and also virgin (alcohol free) drinks.

It not a $50 per day limit. The regular price of the 'all you can drink' promo is $50, but you are allowed to drink up to 15 drinks (max price below $7) per day. So it's really up to $105 per day in beverages.

I think you can also use it for beverages bought in the Explorations Cafe and also virgin (alcohol free) drinks.

??? Confused by your reply. The OP asked if her roommate could use her card. I commented that I thought her roommate would have their own card. I know what the package is ... I didn't understand that to be her question.

Terms & Conditions of Signature Beverage Package:

Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages priced $7.00 or lower. Signature Beverage Package excludes beverages priced over $7.00 and purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay. Signature Beverage Packages are not transferable or refundable. Participants may order only one drink at a time, must be 21 years or older and agree not to give alcoholic drinks to minors. No sharing is permitted.

Since the quota is really $105 not $50 (unless you have a sailing that gives a straight $50 card, in which case I think it's $50 total), or 15 drinks, I can't imagine someone using up that many beverages. Even if she used it for non-alcoholic items, can you imagine 15 lattes in a single day? :D

??? Confused by your reply. The OP asked if her roommate could use her card. I commented that I thought her roommate would have their own card. I know what the package is ... I didn't understand that to be her question.

Terms & Conditions of Signature Beverage Package:

Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages priced $7.00 or lower. Signature Beverage Package excludes beverages priced over $7.00 and purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay. Signature Beverage Packages are not transferable or refundable. Participants may order only one drink at a time, must be 21 years or older and agree not to give alcoholic drinks to minors. No sharing is permitted.

Sorry about the confusion. I was just responding with the thought that her roommate would probably not use up her own card and then have to share.

I'm not so sure the daily limit on the Signature Package is really $105. It doesn't say you can drink 15 drinks - it says the value is $50pp:

• A value of $100 per day, per stateroom ($50 per person)
  • Includes wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas and coffee (a daily limit applies - we know from the Terms & Conditions this is to be 15 drinks)
  • Applies to beverages priced up to $7 (menu price)
  • Beverage service charge covered by Holland America Line
  • Excludes Caribbean and Mexico sailings, and the land portion of Alaska Land+Sea Journeys (other exclusions apply)

I'm not so sure the daily limit on the Signature Package is really $105. It doesn't say you can drink 15 drinks - it says the value is $50pp:

• Includes wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas and coffee (a daily limit applies - we know from the Terms & Conditions this is to be 15 drinks)
  • Excludes Caribbean and Mexico sailings, and the land portion of Alaska Land+Sea Journeys (other exclusions apply)

That's how I read it, too. Either 15 drinks OR $50 - whichever comes first. Odds are, it'll be the $50 that you hit first. I suppose if $2 coffee drinks are your thing you'll hit 15 before $50 ;)

...I assume the 15 drink limitation is for, say @$2.00 soda pops or combinations of pop and coffees that might add up to the $50 pp/day limit.

Perhaps I'm wrong (and that's often the case BTW).

I think the $50 pp/day beverage credit appears to be acceptable to me depending on the length of the cruise, cost/benefit analysis & personnal habits.

I have yet to see comments from folks that might have used the 'deal' but then again I haven't looked very hard.

Just a question or two from me: If you recieve a card does it 'reset' itself every 24 hours (?), does the bar registers have a new blinking red-light when the $50 limit is reached (?), what happens if the card is inadvertinly lost lost (?), and how does ordering drinks for others in your party 'policed' using the drink card held by family & friends (?). Another words, do that match your cabin card & beverage card for security purposes?

BTW, no one is twisting anyone's arm to purchases the package regardless of the current / existing marketing offers.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

Terms & Conditions

**Explore4 includes a free specialty restaurant dinner plus either a Signature Beverage Package OR a $50 Beverage Card. Offers are per person based on promo ZX, double occupancy, for 1st and 2nd guests sharing a stateroom and excludes 3rd/4th guests, except as provided herein. Offers are applicable on select 2013 December Holiday and 2014 departures. Not combinable with Shipboard Credit offers. Free Signature Beverage Package is valued at $50 per person per day, including service charges. It is not available on Caribbean and Mexico cruises—or on the land portion of Alaska Land+Sea Journeys. Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages priced $7.00 or lower. Signature Beverage Package excludes beverages priced over $7.00 and purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay. Signature Beverage Packages are not transferable or refundable. Participants may order only one drink at a time, must be 21 years or older and agree not to give alcoholic drinks to minors. No sharing is permitted. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the Signature Beverage Package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason, including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests. Free $50 Beverage Card applies only to select Caribbean and Mexico sailings. The Beverage Card may be used to purchase beverages or other eligible items at payment terminals aboard the ship. No balance may be carried on the Beverage Card after the end of the cruise. Unused portion of card will not be refunded at the end of the cruise. This card cannot be redeemed for cash and is not replaceable if lost or stolen.

This is copied from the HAL website. I've added the bold to highlight what the package includes. I guess the proof will be in the pudding when passengers start reporting on their actual experiences.

Terms & Conditions

**Explore4 includes a free specialty restaurant dinner plus either a Signature Beverage Package OR a $50 Beverage Card. Offers are per person based on promo ZX, double occupancy, for 1st and 2nd guests sharing a stateroom and excludes 3rd/4th guests, except as provided herein. Offers are applicable on select 2013 December Holiday and 2014 departures. Not combinable with Shipboard Credit offers. Free Signature Beverage Package is valued at $50 per person per day, including service charges. It is not available on Caribbean and Mexico cruises—or on the land portion of Alaska Land+Sea Journeys. Signature Beverage Package has a daily limit of 15 beverages priced $7.00 or lower. Signature Beverage Package excludes beverages priced over $7.00 and purchases made in Signature Shops, Mini Bar and In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay. Signature Beverage Packages are not transferable or refundable. Participants may order only one drink at a time, must be 21 years or older and agree not to give alcoholic drinks to minors. No sharing is permitted. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the Signature Beverage Package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason, including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests. Free $50 Beverage Card applies only to select Caribbean and Mexico sailings. The Beverage Card may be used to purchase beverages or other eligible items at payment terminals aboard the ship. No balance may be carried on the Beverage Card after the end of the cruise. Unused portion of card will not be refunded at the end of the cruise. This card cannot be redeemed for cash and is not replaceable if lost or stolen.

This is copied from the HAL website. I've added the bold to highlight what the package includes. I guess the proof will be in the pudding when passengers start reporting on their actual experiences.

You are correct ... those are the Terms and Conditions. However, under description of the Signature Beverage Package in bullet points it also says:

Terms & Conditions

Just above what you have highlighted is an underlined, "Free Signature Beverage Package is valued at $50 per person per day, including service charges." :confused:

Just above what you have highlighted is an underlined, "Free Signature Beverage Package is valued at $50 per person per day, including service charges." :confused:

I understand that to mean that if you bought the package yourself, it would cost you $50 per day for the length of your cruise.

But, I could quite easily be wrong.

Archived