GS concierge contact?

Hi all,

We are in a GS on the Alure November 3rd sailing. First time in a GS!! :)

I heard a concierge will call you a few weeks prior to sailing. I already booked the shows and cabana in Labadee. What should I expect when they call?

How far in advance do they generally contact us?

If any prior GS guests have been on the Alure, I sure would appreciate any insight or tips! We've sailed on the Oasis a couple of years ago, but in a balcony cabin. Thanks a bunch!!

Hi all,

I heard a concierge will call you a few weeks prior to sailing. I already booked the shows and cabana in Labadee. What should I expect when they call?

If any prior GS guests have been on the Alure, I sure would appreciate any insight or tips! We've sailed on the Oasis a couple of years ago, but in a balcony cabin. Thanks a bunch!!

IF you receive a call from the concierge feel honored.

We have sailed on 4 RCI cruises GS and above and have yet to be blessed with a call before the cruise.

We were on the Allure In a crown loft suite this July and did not get a call..........however---Fernando in the CL is awesome and hope to see him in the future.

If you get one..........please let us know.

Sea Ya

Hi all,

Didn't you already have contact with the concierge in order to book the Cabana? The concierge handles all the Cabana bookings for the GS and above on Barefoot Beach. Unless you went online and booked one on Nellie's by yourself? Barefoot Beach is for the Suite guests and Nellie's is for everyone else.

Hi all,

We are in a GS on the Alure November 3rd sailing. First time in a GS!!

The Concierge will contact his suite guests by email, not by phone. You should see an email from him/her about a week prior to departure.

If there is anything you would like done for you prior to boarding you can use the following email addresses and please note that there are 2 different addresses because they are 2 Concierge working in the Lounge.........

AL_Concierge01@rccl.com

AL_Concierge02@rccl.com

Note: there is an underscore "_" between AL and Concierge in the address line.

Didn't you already have contact with the concierge in order to book the Cabana? The concierge handles all the Cabana bookings for the GS and above on Barefoot Beach. Unless you went online and booked one on Nellie's by yourself? Barefoot Beach is for the Suite guests and Nellie's is for everyone else.

Barefoot beach is for Suite Guests and Pinnacle Club Members. For those Suite guests/PC Members that prefer Nellies to Barefoot Beach, they can also book a cabana there.:) They even provide transportation between both locations.

IF you receive a call from the concierge feel honored.

We have sailed on 4 RCI cruises GS and above and have yet to be blessed with a call before the cruise.

We were on the Allure In a crown loft suite this July and did not get a call..........however---Fernando in the CL is awesome and hope to see him in the future.

If you get one..........please let us know.

Sea Ya

Thank you all for your prompt replies.

We did book Nellie's cabana on our own before we knew there was ones available in barefoot beach for suite guests. Is there much of a difference? We paid for a cabana over the water, the same as we did in the past an it was great.

Is the location or food better?

So it seems some guests are contacted and some are not. :(

Thank you for sharing the email address - that was very helpful

We usually do not book a cabana by choice.

We are to busy doing busy things.........

jet ski

swim

shop

volleyball

snorkel

walk around

eat

For us we would enjoy the benefit of a cabana...

We just usually get the same three trees on barefoot beach 3 loungers, and 3 floaties, with snorkel stuff.

I remember from seeing the cabanas, that theyall look the same, and the variable is the location: above water, hillside, or on the beach.

Make sure you realize which one you are getting so you are not disappointed.

Sea Ya

Here's a link to the skinny on the Barefoot Beach cabanas

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=sub_labadee_barefoot_beach&pagenameMain=labadee&discriminators=3

When we're in a GS, we'll do cabanas at Barefoot mainly because that's the only time we'll get into Barefoot Beach since we're a long way from Pinnacle.

We did book Nellie's cabana on our own before we knew there was ones available in barefoot beach for suite guests. Is there much of a difference? We paid for a cabana over the water, the same as we did in the past an it was great.

Booking the GS does not guaranty you a cabana. There are more suites than cabanas - thus it is first come. You should be able to book your cabana of choice (if available) where on Nellie's they do assign them.

Prices are the same.

You can walk from Nellie's (or take the shuttle) over to the lunch at Barefoot Beach. Think Barefoot Beach is a bit more quiet, but would book either and be happy.

I recommend you keep your Nellies cabana until you have contact (about one week out) and can confirm and book a Barefoot Beach cabana (I've been very happy with our Nellie's Beach cabanas).

...At that time, your cabana of choice should be switched by the concierge so that you don't need to cancel (and get credit) and then book (and pay). Not sure RCCL is that sophisticated.

Look for the email address (found on CC) of the concierge and send an email about a week out to book at Barefoot Beach - if that is your preference.

The special buffet lunch is served at Barefoot Beach which is right next door to Nellies. Nellies does not have food service.

Does anyone have a map of how the Cabana's are layed out on Barefoot? A few months ago someone posted it an actual wide angle photo and depicted each one by number. But I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. Looking to decide which one to shoot for. Thanks

Does anyone have a map of how the Cabana's are layed out on Barefoot? A few months ago someone posted it an actual wide angle photo and depicted each one by number. But I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated. Looking to decide which one to shoot for. Thanks

This link might help http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39767396&postcount=3975

I know you didn't ask, but this post has the numbered photos for the cabanas at Nellie's: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...3&postcount=11

We are on Allure in a GS at the end of the month and haven't heard from the concierge yet. But we have been on Freedom several times and usually get an Email from the concierge a couple weeks prior to let us know what cabanas are available on Barefoot and which one we want. We have never stayed at Nellies beach, so we can't compare, but if you are offered one at Barefoot, I would take it and then cancel Nellies. They take good care of you, and the private black area and special lunch are very nice ! Enjoy !

This link might help http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39767396&postcount=3975

I know you didn't ask, but this post has the numbered photos for the cabanas at Nellie's: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...3&postcount=11

Thanks very much. The link to Nellie's didn't work, but the Barefoot photo did come up.

Hi all,

Many thanks to all who responded. Great information. We will certainly take your advice! This will definitely be a stupid question, but some of you said 'if there is anything you want, email the concierge'. We have cruised 19 times and most of our room stewards in regular cabins have been accommodating. So my question is- what could a concierge provide or arrange that a room steward can't ? Again, this is our first time in a GS so I am excited to get all the Perks, but not sure what I should be expecting &/or asking for! :confused:

Thanks very much. The link to Nellie's didn't work, but the Barefoot photo did come up.

That's strange it doesn't work if I click on the link in your quote, but it does work for me if I go back to my original post.:eek:

Try this My Pictorial review of Labadee and Nellies Beach http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883

Many thanks to all who responded. Great information. We will certainly take your advice! This will definitely be a stupid question, but some of you said 'if there is anything you want, email the concierge'. We have cruised 19 times and most of our room stewards in regular cabins have been accommodating. So my question is- what could a concierge provide or arrange that a room steward can't ? Again, this is our first time in a GS so I am excited to get all the Perks, but not sure what I should be expecting &/or asking for! :confused:

Here is the link that will explain everything about the Enhanced Program for Suite Guests

Archived