Purchased book of tickets

cruisintwinsmom

We purchased a book of 15 tickets to share between the 2 of us. It worked wonderfully - on the last day, I did need to purchase a token, which brought the total to $34 for the 3 days. We used the tickets for both bus and ferry. I was worried that we would limit our exploration of the island since we didn't have a pass, but we didn't ration the tickets at all and had a great time seeing and doing everything that we wanted.

Happy Cruising!

The book was 15 tickets for $30. The tickets come in a block and you tear off each ticket as you need it. One ticket per person on either the bus or ferry. The tickets were marked "14" - so I assume it was good for all zones. (We did not attempt to use any transfers, so not sure how those would work.)

Last year we purchased a 2 day pass and on the last (3rd day) we just stayed near the ship. For us this was a much better deal for the 3 day stay in Bermuda.

Happy Cruising!

There was a booth between the Summit and the Breakaway. The bus will take cash (although I heard that some drivers will only take coins) and the fare is $4.50 - they do not give back change.

They're only supposed to take coins, not dollar bills. Some drivers are nice enough to help out tourists who aren't aware of the rules and take bills, but don't count on a driver doing it.

The book was 15 tickets for $30. The tickets come in a block and you tear off each ticket as you need it. One ticket per person on either the bus or ferry. The tickets were marked "14" - so I assume it was good for all zones. (We did not attempt to use any transfers, so not sure how those would work.)

Last year we purchased a 2 day pass and on the last (3rd day) we just stayed near the ship. For us this was a much better deal for the 3 day stay in Bermuda.

Happy Cruising!

How do the tickets work? Is it more than 1 ticket for any buses or ferries? I know there are a lot of zones. What was the 15 booklet cost.

I'll be there in a couple weeks. I've always gotten the three day passes.

The "14" designates a 14 zone ticket, which means the ticket can be used for any single ferry or bus ride. 3 zone tickets and tokens are also available, although likely not sold at the Dockyard because they can't be used on the ferries and are only good for short bus rides of 3 zones or less (Bermuda is divided into 14 bus zones). If you're in Hamilton, a three zone ticket or token will get you to Elbow Beach or Horseshoe Bay. From dockyard a 3 zone ticket or token will get you to Sea Glass Beach/Black Bay Beach.

So, if I am understanding you correctly, the booklet of 15 tickets would be good for 15 trips, either on a bus or the ferry? That does sound like a better deal than the pass, if you're not making a bunch of trips. For our trip, we're looking at bus to and from Horseshoe

ferry to and from Hamilton

ferry to and from St. George

that's 6 trips each, 12 tickets, correct?? And it leaves tickets if we decide to go somewhere else and can get extra token as you did.

Thanks for the tip!!! :D

debbie

So, if I am understanding you correctly, the booklet of 15 tickets would be good for 15 trips, either on a bus or the ferry? That does sound like a better deal than the pass, if you're not making a bunch of trips. For our trip, we're looking at bus to and from Horseshoe

that's 6 trips each, 12 tickets, correct?? And it leaves tickets if we decide to go somewhere else and can get extra token as you did.

bus to and from Horseshoe: 2 tickets P/P

ferry to and from Hamilton: 2 tickets P/P

ferry to and from St. George: 2 tickets P/P

= 6 tickets P/P

If that is all the trips you'll be making, then a booklet of tickets is right for you.

SBtS

Thanks for the tip!!! :D

debbie

Yep, you got it. There were 2 of us and we used them:

Wed: Ferry to St. Georges

Bus to Swizzel Inn

Bus to Hamilton

Ferry to Dockyard

Thur: Bus to and from Coco Reef

Fri: Bus to and from Horseshoe (included buying token)

Archived