Adding a cabin mate to a Single reservation

cle-guy

I have a reservation as a single on an upcoming Reflection sailing, having paid the single supplement of 100% of the single fare.

Can I add a friend if someone can at the last minute go with me? I'd have to pay the additional tax and port fees I assume.

Can anyone confirm the procedure, AFTER final payment if this is possible without re-faring the whole reservation as I did end up with some sort of discounted cabin price along the way.

How last minute?

I believe you probably need to call Celebrity or your travel agent with this one.

If you are still before final payment, you might change it now to the person you are thinking of. If they don't go, I believe you'll get the taxes refunded.

I have a reservation as a single on an upcoming Reflection sailing, having paid the single supplement of 100% of the single fare.

Can I add a friend if someone can at the last minute go with me? I'd have to pay the additional tax and port fees I assume.

Can anyone confirm the procedure, AFTER final payment if this is possible without re-faring the whole reservation as I did end up with some sort of discounted cabin price along the way.

Best bet if you are a Captain's Club member is to call them. They usually have correct and quick answers. I have no first-hand idea about after final payment, althoough I have read posts that peole have added others within days of the cruise. I was able to add another person prior to final payment and she got the same price deal as I got, as I had initially paid for two, other than the port charges and taxes.

If the ship is at capacity, meaning if they've booked up to the legal capacity of the lifeboats, you won't be able to add anyone. Even if you have a quad cabin and wanted to add someone, you wouldn't be allowed to if the ship is at capacity.

Just went thru this for our Nov sailing. We booked a triple just in case our DD could get off work and join us. We were 'advised' that once the sailing is at capacity, all bookings close, no matter what type cabin was booked. If we had any thought she might go, it would be better to add her and and eat part of the fare than her not get to go at all.

IMHO, (worth nothing but a free cup of Joe in the buffett) since you are already paying the single rate, add the friend. If they find they can not go after final, you will be out taxes & fees, compared to the possibilty of them not going at all.

Not a problem. Do it all the time. Only if "capacity controlled" comes into play would it be a problem, but I have yet to experience that. Your original, discounted price will still apply, and the same taxes and fees you paid will also apply. :)

Archived