Eclipse......price drop after payment

amberben

We are on the Eclipse in Nov. and before our final payment our cat. went down so I told our TA and he got it for us. Now this is in the UK. First time ever that we have had a price drop on our cruises.
The question is the price has dropped again make a further saving of £80 each. I asked the TA and he said we wouldnt get it as we had paid and already had a refund.? He said it would only apply to new booking.?
Would anyone know if that is correct.? Or is he trying to not bother asking them.?

[quote name='amberben']We are on the Eclipse in Nov. and before our final payment our cat. went down so I told our TA and he got it for us. Now this is in the UK. First time ever that we have had a price drop on our cruises.
The question is the price has dropped again make a further saving of £80 each. I asked the TA and he said we wouldnt get it as we had paid and already had a refund.? He said it would only apply to new booking.?
Would anyone know if that is correct.? Or is he trying to not bother asking them.?[/quote]

Sorry, Brenda. No price drops will be applied AFTER final payment date! In the good old days, they would give us OBC after final payment. No more! :eek:

[quote name='amberben']We are on the Eclipse in Nov. and before our final payment our cat. went down so I told our TA and he got it for us. Now this is in the UK. First time ever that we have had a price drop on our cruises.
Would anyone know if that is correct.? Or is he trying to not bother asking them.?[/quote]

When in November are you sailing? You may have paid/been asked to pay your TA before the Celebrity final payment date. I know that the Celebrity final payment date in the UK is later than that in north America. At least is has always been so for our cruises. Check the T&Cs on the UK website.

Sue

Hi Brenda we are on your cruise and this is how I understand how it works at the moment for UK cruisers with Celebrity.
[LIST]
[*]If I book with a UK TA I always ask if they will honour price drops- not all do,and they still own the booking and will apply their own rules.
[*]You may get a better price or OBC with a TA.
[*]Your final payment with a TA will be before Celebrity final payment date.
[*]We have booked direct with celebrity and our final payment date for this cruise is the 20th Sept (I think yours with your TA was earlier).
[*]If there is a special offer for new bookings only neither a TA or direct booking will honour this.
[/LIST]
I have just checked our price and ours has not changed for an 1A but then our category was the last to drop the last time.
I see no reason at this time that you could not upgrade if you wish as long as the change costs at least £1 more.
Good luck but I fear your TA holds the cards as their final payment date has passed and they hold your money.
It is all a lottery which ever way you choose.
Hope this helps. See you on board
Ruth

Hello to everyone and thankyou so much for your answers, I should have asked it on our roll call shouldn't I. You have all been helpful. I have no trust whatsoever with my TA that was why I asked.
Our final date for payment had to be in by 18th August. Now I know why it was so early. Just incase prices went down.! OM goodness they are so crafty.!
Will have a look at upgrading.? LOL that will really upset my TA.

Brenda xx

[quote name='amberben']Hello to everyone and thankyou so much for your answers, I should have asked it on our roll call shouldn't I. You have all been helpful. I have no trust whatsoever with my TA that was why I asked.
Our final date for payment had to be in by 18th August. Now I know why it was so early. Just incase prices went down.! OM goodness they are so crafty.!
Will have a look at upgrading.? LOL that will really upset my TA.

Brenda xx[/quote]

Brenda

If your TA has asked for the final payment a month before Celebrity that would appear to be for their benefit. I would not think that they are paying Celebrity earlier than 20 September. I would ask them what they are paying to Celebrity - there is a good chance that they will pay the reduced rate. Approached in that way, they may come to some accommodation with you. However, it sounds like you need a new TA or book direct with Celebrity in future.

Sue

[quote name='Project_gal']Brenda

If your TA has asked for the final payment a month before Celebrity that would appear to be for their benefit. I would not think that they are paying Celebrity earlier than 20 September. I would ask them what they are paying to Celebrity - there is a good chance that they will pay the reduced rate. Approached in that way, they may come to some accommodation with you. However, it sounds like you need a new TA or book direct with Celebrity in future.

Sue[/quote]

[COLOR=Navy]Hi Sue,

Thankyou. Now the TA is saying I didnt get a senior discount to begin with so the one we got the other week would be the only one we would get.? As they will not let us have two discounts.???
Oh boy what will he be saying next.????? Mind boogles.

Brenda x
[/COLOR]

Try not to feel to bad Brenda, you may have got a discount anyway with the TA which may keep you ahead of the game.

Any TA that you book with will have a final payment date well before Celebrity's

Also with Celebrity the first change on the booking is free and any subsequent changes for price drops used to be £35 per person. I am not sure what the current fee is.

I am sure someone will give us a heads up!

I have used both my free changes on this one and the transatlantic (B2B) So any more and it will cost me!

Happy sailing, we are lucky to be cruising:D

[quote name='Blue Skies']Try not to feel to bad Brenda, you may have got a discount anyway with the TA which may keep you ahead of the game.

Any TA that you book with will have a final payment date well before Celebrity's

Also with Celebrity the first change on the booking is free and any subsequent changes for price drops used to be £35 per person. I am not sure what the current fee is.

I am sure someone will give us a heads up!

I have used both my free changes on this one and the transatlantic (B2B) So any more and it will cost me!

Happy sailing, we are lucky to be cruising:D[/quote]

Hi again,

Yes you are very right we are lucky to be even going on a cruise.

But I had to laugh when I read your first sentence " you may have got a discount anyway with the TA which may keep you ahead of the game.".

My TA took that amount out of the first discount. So we only got the difference.

Bye for now
Brenda xx

[quote name='amberben']Hi again,

Yes you are very right we are lucky to be even going on a cruise.

But I had to laugh when I read your first sentence " you may have got a discount anyway with the TA which may keep you ahead of the game.".

My TA took that amount out of the first discount. So we only got the difference.

Bye for now
Brenda xx[/QUOTE]

I think I would be looking for a new TA :eek:

Hi Brenda
Ouch!!! I feel for your pocket!!
So TA's can agree to giving you the price drop then not tell you when you book that they will take it out of your discount should it happen!
I know they can all apply different rules and that price drops do affect their commission.
It's all a lottery which way to go, TA or direct with Celebrity?

Any one know the current fee £... In the UK for the second change on a booking with Celebrity. The first change is free.

Hi Brenda

We too have paid already (15 weeks ahead!) and wondered how you found out about the price drop. Did you contact Celebrity direct?

I have asked our TA - we booked with Richard Branson's holiday company - who said 'well the price you had could of gone up' so basically we don't amend either way. They do have a price drop department but you have to have the proof to price match and they said its usually on new bookings - but hey its worth a try?

Any suggestions would be most welcome as an OBC would be nice - lol.

Thanks

Archived