Help -carnival moved our kids room!!!

dec2007w3boys

Send an email to:

gcahill@carnival.com

You will receive a response from Vicky Rey.

Thanks!! I have heard back from John that he is having it looked into and I emailed Mischelle. I will email Gerry in the am. Make sure everyone checks their room assignments occasionally. If it weren't for the price drop, I have no idea when I would have found out.

Thanks to all for the contact info!!!

How old are your children?

Guests Under the Age of 21 Traveling with Parents / Grandparents

Guests under the age of 13

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms,

only if booked next door or directly across the hall from the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors 13 and under may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents"; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, by up to 3 staterooms in between the minor stateroom and the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors age 13 may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

I would get on the horn and give them @%#& till you are satisfied with cabin locations....:rolleyes:

Good Luck~:)

if you give me the dates of your cruise ill help bash carnival on facebook and have all my friends express their dissappoinment in this. i bet if everyone did this for you all you would get what was yours originally.

O...M..G...:eek: I hope this was tongue in cheek

Aside from this, all other advice in this thread was spot on.

How old are your kids, it's possible they are breaking their own rule.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

The someone higher up is who I need. :( So, the latest gentleman placed me on hold and after about 20 minutes came back happy to tell me we have been moved to side by side rooms on deck 9. Well I didn't book deck 9 I booked lido, but nope, he just moved us to 9 without asking. He assumed that would be a solution I would want. Can you hear my temper flaring.

The only room for 3 people on lido is a balcony (conveniently across the hall from our first room) He laughed when I suggested we put the boys there. (That would be impossible ma'am with a laugh) To add a bit to the original post, my dh and I were booked in the same room on lido for a b2b. I guess we now get to move rooms.

I promise I am not trying to stir anything up here, just asking a sincere question and I completely understand that you want and deserve what you booked, but why is Lido (7) better than deck 9 side by side. What am I missing about what makes Lido better? Is the room preferable?

I had a similar problem last year - I was moved, without my knowledge, to an exact same type room (same capacity, in a location other than what I booked and paid for). Somehow, Mischelle with Carnival heard about my problem, and looked into it. She eventually got it straightened out, and I was happy.

I would suggest you email her, calmly explain the situation, and let her look into it. If there's any possible way she can fix the problem, she will. Email her at cclsupport@carnival dot com, and be sure to put "Attn: Mischelle" in the subject line.

Good luck - please let us know the final outcomne of this.

We were moved when we got a price drop. I called my PVP IMMEDIATELY and luckily the original cabin was still available. He said that when we applied for the price drop, they had a chance to hit "change" or "keep." Thanks to this advice, I always said "keep original cabin" in the notes section of the form.

I promise I am not trying to stir anything up here, just asking a sincere question and I completely understand that you want and deserve what you booked, but why is Lido (7) better than deck 9 side by side. What am I missing about what makes Lido better? Is the room preferable?

Lido side by side is what we booked, what we paid for and what we expected Carnival to deliver. Knowing we had one of the rooms, we booked our back to back in the same room - less packing and moving obviously between cruises. It's one thing if they moved us because of occupancy (but we had 3 in a 3 person room so that wasn't the case) But they somehow manged to down grade us and they assured me all day today that wasn't even possible with early saver. Well someone there managed to do it. That is what makes me the most upset. They all admit someone screwed up, but yet I have to fight for 2 hours to even get rooms beside each other. They thought a solution would be to put the boys a floor away from us. Carnival doesn't even allow that but they would in this case??? It is what it is, but I am not happy.

The someone higher up is who I need. :( So, the latest gentleman placed me on hold and after about 20 minutes came back happy to tell me we have been moved to side by side rooms on deck 9. Well I didn't book deck 9 I booked lido, but nope, he just moved us to 9 without asking. He assumed that would be a solution I would want. Can you hear my temper flaring.

The only room for 3 people on lido is a balcony (conveniently across the hall from our first room) He laughed when I suggested we put the boys there. (That would be impossible ma'am with a laugh) To add a bit to the original post, my dh and I were booked in the same room on lido for a b2b. I guess we now get to move rooms.

Lesson to this story - -always check your room assignments. They can move you at their leisure and offer no explanation as to why. They kept telling me it was impossible because you can't downgrade with early save. Well, someone at Carnival managed to do it.

Why? How old are the kids? Our first cruise our 3 were 11, 13 and 14 and were across the hall from us.

Lido side by side is what we booked, what we paid for and what we expected Carnival to deliver. Knowing we had one of the rooms, we booked our back to back in the same room - less packing and moving obviously between cruises. It's one thing if they moved us because of occupancy (but we had 3 in a 3 person room so that wasn't the case) But they somehow manged to down grade us and they assured me all day today that wasn't even possible with early saver. Well someone there managed to do it. That is what makes me the most upset. They all admit someone screwed up, but yet I have to fight for 2 hours to even get rooms beside each other. They thought a solution would be to put the boys a floor away from us. Carnival doesn't even allow that but they would in this case??? It is what it is, but I am not happy.

Came back to see if you answered.....

How old are your children? ? ?

Just seems strange,

Carnival allows children booked in a different stateroom is if the parents are booked in an adjoining cabin or across the hall,

if they moved one, they would move the other. ;)

OUr kids are 8 to preteen. They didn't seem to mind if they were 3 floors below us (10th to 7) I minded! I do not know why they wouldn't let us have them across the hall in a balcony. He couldn't believe I was asking. LIke I just wanted a balcony room - no, I wanted my kids beside or across from me.

OUr kids are 8 to preteen. They didn't seem to mind if they were 3 floors below us (10th to 7) I minded! I do not know why they wouldn't let us have them across the hall in a balcony. He couldn't believe I was asking. LIke I just wanted a balcony room - no, I wanted my kids beside or across from me.

Kids under 13 can not be in a balcony by themselves.

Why didn't he suggest 1 adult be booked in each room?

You should tell them to cancel your cruise and see what they say. They'll probably say you can't cancel an ES booking without penalty.

Then you can tell them they broke the ES rules by downgrading you or at least trying to.

Did they ever say why they moved them?

It amazes me that they just move you and don't even tell you and with kids that age. Ridiculous.

What is even worse is that they had no problem moving your kids out of the cabin but will not move the people who got put in your cabin.

Bill

Can you pay to upgrade to side by side rooms? Or go to a 5 passenger room if all else fails?

Seriously? Heck no! If there's any upgrades involved, it should be 2 suites side by side. The OP should not be out 1 cent because of Carnival's mistake.

Go sit in a corner and think about what you said :p lol. Makes no sense to punish the victim?:rolleyes:

Can someone tell me how to how to get Carnival's Michele to help us. I just posted this on John's Facebook page

help help help. Last Dec we booked 2 rooms side by side on lido deck for this thanksgivings sailing. Today I submitted a price drop and in looking at it my PVP discovered at some point our three person kids cabin was Moved to deck 7. So we now have our cabin separate from our three kids. Help. The PVP was able to get the guest service agent to move the kids to deck 9 but they are still a deck away from us. She apologized profusely and said it was clearly an error as we booked early saver and there is no way to downgrade it. They can't explain what happened - they can only apologize. We need our kids beside us or at least in same hall. We need assistance please.

Help please!!!

This was my biggest fear when we booked our kids in the cabin next to us when we booked a vista cabin. I checked the Bon Voyage site every day to make sure they weren't moved (being the room was a triple).

Hopefully it works or worked out for you, as I read on.

Please keep us updated on how this works out for you. You've got the support of your fellow cruisers here :) Keep contacting them until you're satisfied. You know what they say about the squeaky wheel. If it is impossible for them to fix this, hopefully they can give you a big OBC :)

I'm confused is Lido deck and deck 9 not the came deck?

This was my biggest fear when we booked our kids in the cabin next to us when we booked a vista cabin. I checked the Bon Voyage site every day to make sure they weren't moved (being the room was a triple)..

If you specifically state "NO UPGRADES" your chance of being moved is slim.

Because the OP is the legal guardian of the children in the cabin, they should have notified her first before moving. :cool:

If the OP was really concerned about the adjacents cabins, she would have had the agent flag BOTH cabins to allow no upgrades or location changes without her permission.

Because the OP is the legal guardian of the children in the cabin' date=' they should have notified her first before moving. :cool:

If the OP was really concerned about the adjacents cabins, she would have had the agent flag BOTH cabins to allow no upgrades or location changes without her permission.[/quote']

Sounds like a lecture here. Yes, she should have been notified, agree. But when you book, you book with the assumption that cabin is yours.

Your assuming everyone knows this could happen. I traveled with my older minor children and never knew this is something they might do. Carnival should assume all responsibility on this one, not the OP. Carnival dropped the ball, plain and simple.

You should never assume anything' date=' especially when it has to do with your children. ;)[/quote']

Quickly - my post from yesterday:

help help help. Last Dec we booked 2 rooms side by side on lido deck for this thanksgivings sailing. Today I submitted a price drop and in looking at it my PVP discovered at some point our three person kids cabin was Moved to deck 7. So we now have our cabin separate from our three kids. Help. The PVP was able to get the guest service agent to move the kids to deck 9 but they are still a deck away from us. She apologized profusely and said it was clearly an error as we booked early saver and there is no way to downgrade it. They can't explain what happened - they can only apologize. We need our kids beside us or at least in same hall. We need assistance please.

UPDATE:

After hearing back from John Heald on Facebook that he would have someone look into this, I had a call this morning from Sarah with Carnival. They have put us back in our original side by side cabins on lido deck. Woohoo!!!

She apologized for their error and we do get to keep the $75/room OBC for the huge headache I had last night and the two hours of phone calls I had. I do appreciate John's assistance and Carnival making the situation right. I will though say it is a shame the people I spoke with yesterday couldn't fix it and that I had to involve John at all. (If you ever get an agent named Donte hang up and call again!!)

Anyways, thanks to John and his gang, thanks to the posters her for your support/ideas and for providing Mischelle's email.

I did hear from Sarah this morning that no, they are not to move cabins without talking to you first, but I stand by my advice to keep an eye out on your reservation.

Because the OP is the legal guardian of the children in the cabin' date=' they should have notified her first before moving. :cool:

If the OP was really concerned about the adjacents cabins, she would have had the agent flag BOTH cabins to allow no upgrades or location changes without her permission.[/quote']

Why would you have to mark your reservation no upgrades when CCL's policy clearly states that the kids can't be more than 3 cabins away?

They not only didn't follow their own policy there but also put them 2 decks away from their parents.

Try to book a cabin for your kids in a cabin 2 decks away from you and they won't allow it, but somehow this happened. Major error!

Bill

UPDATE:

After hearing back from John Heald on Facebook that he would have someone look into this, I had a call this morning from Sarah with Carnival. They have put us back in our original side by side cabins on lido deck. Woohoo!!!

She apologized for their error and we do get to keep the $75/room OBC for the huge headache I had last night and the two hours of phone calls I had. I do appreciate John's assistance and Carnival making the situation right. I will though say it is a shame the people I spoke with yesterday couldn't fix it and that I had to involve John at all. (If you ever get an agent named Donte hang up and call again!!)

Anyways, thanks to John and his gang, thanks to the posters her for your support/ideas and for providing Mischelle's email.

I did hear from Sarah this morning that no, they are not to move cabins without talking to you first, but I stand by my advice to keep an eye out on your reservation.

Archived