Help -carnival moved our kids room!!!

dec2007w3boys

Can someone tell me how to how to get Carnival's Michele to help us. I just posted this on John's Facebook page

help help help. Last Dec we booked 2 rooms side by side on lido deck for this thanksgivings sailing. Today I submitted a price drop and in looking at it my PVP discovered at some point our three person kids cabin was Moved to deck 7. So we now have our cabin separate from our three kids. Help. The PVP was able to get the guest service agent to move the kids to deck 9 but they are still a deck away from us. She apologized profusely and said it was clearly an error as we booked early saver and there is no way to downgrade it. They can't explain what happened - they can only apologize. We need our kids beside us or at least in same hall. We need assistance please.

Help please!!!

Can someone tell me how to how to get Carnival's Michele to help us. I just posted this on John's Facebook page

help help help. Last Dec we booked 2 rooms side by side on lido deck for this thanksgivings sailing. Today I submitted a price drop and in looking at it my PVP discovered at some point our three person kids cabin was Moved to deck 7. So we now have our cabin separate from our three kids. Help. The PVP was able to get the guest service agent to move the kids to deck 9 but they are still a deck away from us. She apologized profusely and said it was clearly an error as we booked early saver and there is no way to downgrade it. They can't explain what happened - they can only apologize. We need our kids beside us or at least in same hall. We need assistance please.

Help please!!!

Get on Facebook and message John Heald. He always answers any questions I might have in a timely manner.

OMG...I'd be furious :eek:. How can they separate them a deck away?!

How old are they? They told us they really never do that when there are kids in the rooms. I have 2 balcony rooms booked on the Breeze for New Years. They could not find us 2 adjoining rooms anywhere that accommodated 3 (me dh & 7yo ds) & 2 (15 yo twins) so they put my twins in a room that accommodates 3. They said it would be very unlikely they would move them out since they are minors. Plus she put a lot of notes in the booking the reason why.

I hope this turns out good for you. Hopefully John will help you. Good luck!

I would call Carnival back and demand to speak with a manager. They need to make this right, and stand firm. I would NOT give up your Lido balcony, as it is the absolute BEST location on the ship. Unless, they offer you some hefty OBC:rolleyes:

Good Luck and let us know how you make out....

How old are the boys?

All I can say is good luck and I hope Carnival makes this right...quickly. I would call over and over again until it is fixed. Hope it is all worked out for you soon.

Help please!!!

I would call Carnival back and demand to speak with a manager. They need to make this right, and stand firm. I would NOT give up your Lido balcony, as it is the absolute BEST location on the ship. Unless, they offer you some hefty OBC:rolleyes:

Good Luck and let us know how you make out....

How old are the boys?

I agree...call & call again! Thanks for the tips on the lido balcony. Have 2 booked for new years. Happy to hear that!

Can you pay to upgrade to side by side rooms? Or go to a 5 passenger room if all else fails?

While the Carnival reps probably can't fix it, there is somebody that can that is higher up the ladder.

No way would I pay a penny more because they screwed up.

Moving kids to another deck is not something I'd accept.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

While the Carnival reps probably can't fix it, there is somebody that can that is higher up the ladder.

No way would I pay a penny more because they screwed up.

Moving kids to another deck is not something I'd accept.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

The someone higher up is who I need. :( So, the latest gentleman placed me on hold and after about 20 minutes came back happy to tell me we have been moved to side by side rooms on deck 9. Well I didn't book deck 9 I booked lido, but nope, he just moved us to 9 without asking. He assumed that would be a solution I would want. Can you hear my temper flaring.

The only room for 3 people on lido is a balcony (conveniently across the hall from our first room) He laughed when I suggested we put the boys there. (That would be impossible ma'am with a laugh) To add a bit to the original post, my dh and I were booked in the same room on lido for a b2b. I guess we now get to move rooms.

Lesson to this story - -always check your room assignments. They can move you at their leisure and offer no explanation as to why. They kept telling me it was impossible because you can't downgrade with early save. Well, someone at Carnival managed to do it.

if you give me the dates of your cruise ill help bash carnival on facebook and have all my friends express their dissappoinment in this. i bet if everyone did this for you all you would get what was yours originally.

Seriously??? I think there is a better way to go about getting their attention. :mad:

I had a similar problem last year - I was moved, without my knowledge, to an exact same type room (same capacity, in a location other than what I booked and paid for). Somehow, Mischelle with Carnival heard about my problem, and looked into it. She eventually got it straightened out, and I was happy.

I would suggest you email her, calmly explain the situation, and let her look into it. If there's any possible way she can fix the problem, she will. Email her at cclsupport@carnival dot com, and be sure to put "Attn: Mischelle" in the subject line.

Good luck - please let us know the final outcomne of this.

I had a similar problem last year - I was moved, without my knowledge, to an exact same type room (same capacity, in a location other than what I booked and paid for). Somehow, Mischelle with Carnival heard about my problem, and looked into it. She eventually got it straightened out, and I was happy.

I would suggest you email her, calmly explain the situation, and let her look into it. If there's any possible way she can fix the problem, she will. Email her at cclsupport@carnival dot com, and be sure to put "Attn: Mischelle" in the subject line.

Good luck - please let us know the final outcomne of this.

Thank you so much!!!!! I am emailing her now. Fingers crossed.

if you give me the dates of your cruise ill help bash carnival on facebook and have all my friends express their dissappoinment in this. i bet if everyone did this for you all you would get what was yours originally.

That sounds like a pretty immature thing to do. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar as the saying goes.

I hope this works out for you. If you haven't emailed Mischelle (sp?) yet, make sure you state what you would make you happy again.

Whenever I have problems like this in life, I kindly write a letter where I state the problem, explain how and why I am upset and how I feel, then I suggest a solution that would resolve the matter.

Sometimes they accept it, sometimes they go above and beyond what was requested, sometimes they tell me no. If they tell me no, I go higher up the ladder. I am very reasonable in my requests and it almost always works out better than I hoped.

In this situation, I would accept nothing less than my original lido balcony and another room on that deck. I would refuse a downgrade in any way, and I would refuse to pay for any upgrade. If they said all rooms in that category were booked, I would kindly explain then there is only going up, and I'm confident this matter will be resolved quickly.

The someone higher up is who I need. :( So, the latest gentleman placed me on hold and after about 20 minutes came back happy to tell me we have been moved to side by side rooms on deck 9. Well I didn't book deck 9 I booked lido, but nope, he just moved us to 9 without asking. He assumed that would be a solution I would want. Can you hear my temper flaring.

The only room for 3 people on lido is a balcony (conveniently across the hall from our first room) He laughed when I suggested we put the boys there. (That would be impossible ma'am with a laugh) To add a bit to the original post, my dh and I were booked in the same room on lido for a b2b. I guess we now get to move rooms.

Lesson to this story - -always check your room assignments. They can move you at their leisure and offer no explanation as to why. They kept telling me it was impossible because you can't downgrade with early save. Well, someone at Carnival managed to do it.

Send an email to:

gcahill@carnival.com

You will receive a response from Vicky Rey.

Archived