Help -carnival moved our kids room!!!

dec2007w3boys

UPDATE:

After hearing back from John Heald on Facebook that he would have someone look into this, I had a call this morning from Sarah with Carnival. They have put us back in our original side by side cabins on lido deck. Woohoo!!!

She apologized for their error and we do get to keep the $75/room OBC for the huge headache I had last night and the two hours of phone calls I had. I do appreciate John's assistance and Carnival making the situation right. I will though say it is a shame the people I spoke with yesterday couldn't fix it and that I had to involve John at all. (If you ever get an agent named Donte hang up and call again!!)

Anyways, thanks to John and his gang, thanks to the posters her for your support/ideas and for providing Mischelle's email.

I did hear from Sarah this morning that no, they are not to move cabins without talking to you first, but I stand by my advice to keep an eye out on your reservation.

I am glad to hear they made things right. Like you said it's ashame that it took so much effort on your part.

Have a great cruise.!:)

Bill

Very sorry you had to waste any time on this at all, but glad to hear in the end it was resolved by them. Your post is a good lesson to check on your booking periodically and make sure everything is correct.

I hope you and your family have a great cruise!! :):cool:

UPDATE:

After hearing back from John Heald on Facebook that he would have someone look into this, I had a call this morning from Sarah with Carnival. They have put us back in our original side by side cabins on lido deck. Woohoo!!!

She apologized for their error and we do get to keep the $75/room OBC for the huge headache I had last night and the two hours of phone calls I had. I do appreciate John's assistance and Carnival making the situation right. I will though say it is a shame the people I spoke with yesterday couldn't fix it and that I had to involve John at all. (If you ever get an agent named Donte hang up and call again!!)

Anyways, thanks to John and his gang, thanks to the posters her for your support/ideas and for providing Mischelle's email.

I did hear from Sarah this morning that no, they are not to move cabins without talking to you first, but I stand by my advice to keep an eye out on your reservation.

Great! After readng your post I checked my cabins for upcoming cruises.

I think I spoke to Donte or his cousin the other day. There was a price drop and a category I wanted showed available. I called, and the guy tried to tell me the Fare Viewer price (which asks how many travelers where I entered 1) is the price for one person so I'd have to pay double to make the change--from $1498 to $2996 for a balcony for a solo!?!?!?

After 3 different explanations of why he was wrong, he finally got it.

UPDATE:

Mistakes happen. I am glad that they were able to correct the mistake and make it right for you, and even give you a little OBC for the headache :) Enjoy your vacation!

Great! After readng your post I checked my cabins for upcoming cruises.

I think I spoke to Donte or his cousin the other day. There was a price drop and a category I wanted showed available. I called, and the guy tried to tell me the Fare Viewer price (which asks how many travelers where I entered 1) is the price for one person so I'd have to pay double to make the change--from $1498 to $2996 for a balcony for a solo!?!?!?

After 3 different explanations of why he was wrong, he finally got it.

Geesh! The Donte or his cousin made me laugh. I spoke with a handful of Carnival employees in the last 2 days. Only Donte was bad. I know from now on, to just hang up and try again. :)

UPDATE:

Wonderful! Enjoy your B2B cruise! :D

UPDATE:

YAY!! Glad it's fixed ;) :D

YAY!! Glad it's fixed ;) :D

Me too!!!!! Especially after being told time and time again yesterday that they couldn't give me my cabin back as it was occupied. I am betting someone may have been given an upgrade offer? I keep looking on CC for someone to post that. I better not see a post titled "carnival stole our lido deck room" LOL :)

Me too!!!!! Especially after being told time and time again yesterday that they couldn't give me my cabin back as it was occupied. I am betting someone may have been given an upgrade offer? I keep looking on CC for someone to post that. I better not see a post titled "carnival stole our lido deck room" LOL :)

Hopefully they don't go crazy and start banging on your door all hours of the night or calling you on the phone. Some people are nuts like that.

Glad you got everything straightened out!

No doubt someone got upgraded, but both parties won in the end. The OP is back with her original cabins.

Glad it worked out. The headache you had to go through was totally unwarranted and Carnival should've straightened it out first thing.

I bet it's costing them a little more than just the $75 OBC. If people were booked in those cabins, they likely had to give them complimentary upgrades.

Quickly - my post from yesterday:

help help help. Last Dec we booked 2 rooms side by side on lido deck for this thanksgivings sailing. Today I submitted a price drop and in looking at it my PVP discovered at some point our three person kids cabin was Moved to deck 7. So we now have our cabin separate from our three kids. Help. The PVP was able to get the guest service agent to move the kids to deck 9 but they are still a deck away from us. She apologized profusely and said it was clearly an error as we booked early saver and there is no way to downgrade it. They can't explain what happened - they can only apologize. We need our kids beside us or at least in same hall. We need assistance please.

UPDATE:

Good news. Glad to hear it all worked out well.

But it's always odd to read on the Facebook page John say he doesn't understand why people are concerned about being moved without notification.

They don't seem to learn.

I am really glad it all worked out. You deserve to keep the OBC.

I like you think John, Mary, and Mischell rock! I just hate it that they have to be a resort when you can't get your needs met through the regular channels. It makes you feel like a royal PITA when you have to resort to that even when you know you are right.

I would much rather be known to them as a contributor of pleasant dialog on their FB pages rather than a squeaky wheel. It's really not my nature, and it puts those lovely people in a bad position. They are trying to satisfy their customer while backing the company that employs them. Not fair in my opinion but sometimes it's the only thing you can do to reach resolution.

I am really glad it all worked out. You deserve to keep the OBC.

I like you think John, Mary, and Mischell rock! I just hate it that they have to be a resort when you can't get your needs met through the regular channels. It makes you feel like a royal PITA when you have to resort to that even when you know you are right.

I would much rather be known to them as a contributor of pleasant dialog on their FB pages rather than a squeaky wheel. It's really not my nature, and it puts those lovely people in a bad position. They are trying to satisfy their customer while backing the company that employs them. Not fair in my opinion but sometimes it's the only thing you can do to reach resolution.

I agree! I hated that I had to go that route, but in the end only that route fixed the problem. Speaking with my rude Donte guest service agent, he also laughed when I said I heard back from John Heald that he would have it looked into. Well I showed Donte! LOL. Later today my PVP and her supervisor both called to let me know how happy they were that it worked out. A few more of Carnivals great people.

If they didn't make an upgrade offer, maybe Carnival just moved them like they moved your boys with no notice/warning & they don't even know yet :eek:

After reading similar stories on CC I check our cabin details on Carnival dot com every single day. When I've called for price drops I tell them up front I want to keep my current cabin no matter what! The rep always says "Oh we'd never move you without your knowledge or consent" :rolleyes: Hopefully they'll get Donte and his cousin some training as well!

So glad this all worked out for you & you deserve every penny of that OBC, wishing you & your family a wonderful cruise!

Archived