Help -carnival moved our kids room!!!

dec2007w3boys

If they didn't make an upgrade offer, maybe Carnival just moved them like they moved your boys with no notice/warning & they don't even know yet :eek:

After reading similar stories on CC I check our cabin details on Carnival dot com every single day. When I've called for price drops I tell them up front I want to keep my current cabin no matter what! The rep always says "Oh we'd never move you without your knowledge or consent" :rolleyes: Hopefully they'll get Donte and his cousin some training as well!

So glad this all worked out for you & you deserve every penny of that OBC, wishing you & your family a wonderful cruise!

Maybe Carnival is hoping they wouldn't notice or mind like we did! Or maybe It's Donte or his cousins job to call them about it. He can yell and laugh at them. (Ok, he didn't yell, but he did raise his voice many times). I'd still like to get him back on the phone....

Thank you! We plan to have a blast!!

I don't believe it. After reading all this, I decided to check on my rooms. We are doing a back to back, and booked the same room for both cruises. I booked almost a year in advance so that we would not have a problem getting the same rooms. We always get an aft extended balcony, so there are not a lot of those rooms on each ship.

Anyhow, after checking tonight, they switched my rooms on one of the cruises. Now, I have one room on level 6, and the other on level 7. They are both aft balconies, but that still is not want I wanted.

I called to find out what had happened, and the person that answered said that my room was changed quite a while ago. She did not know why. She said that there was no way she could give us the same rooms for both cruises.

I had her give me her supervisor. While I was on hold for quite awhile, it turned to midnite their time. When I got the supervisor, she said that at midnite on Sat. the computers go down, so she could not access my booking. She was very nice, and did not understand why this would happen, but promised to check into it tomorrow and get back to me.

I am so mad right now. I don't understand how they can just take a room away. The best thing about a back to back is unpacking and not having to pack up for 2 weeks. Plus, we had wanted to be on level 7 because we have friends going with us and we wanted our rooms on the same level.

We will see what tomorrow brings and how good the customer service is.

I am just glad I read this thread and it got me thinking to check on my rooms.

Claudia

I don't believe it. After reading all this, I decided to check on my rooms. We are doing a back to back, and booked the same room for both cruises. I booked almost a year in advance so that we would not have a problem getting the same rooms. We always get an aft extended balcony, so there are not a lot of those rooms on each ship.

Anyhow, after checking tonight, they switched my rooms on one of the cruises. Now, I have one room on level 6, and the other on level 7. They are both aft balconies, but that still is not want I wanted.

I called to find out what had happened, and the person that answered said that my room was changed quite a while ago. She did not know why. She said that there was no way she could give us the same rooms for both cruises.

I had her give me her supervisor. While I was on hold for quite awhile, it turned to midnite their time. When I got the supervisor, she said that at midnite on Sat. the computers go down, so she could not access my booking. She was very nice, and did not understand why this would happen, but promised to check into it tomorrow and get back to me.

I am so mad right now. I don't understand how they can just take a room away. The best thing about a back to back is unpacking and not having to pack up for 2 weeks. Plus, we had wanted to be on level 7 because we have friends going with us and we wanted our rooms on the same level.

Claudia

Oh man that stinks! Good luck and I hope they are able to work this out for you, pls come back and let us know what happens!

Dec2007w3boys, did you first contact your PVP? And if you did, why didn't your PVP take care of all of this. Isn't that what a PVP is for? I am very glad for your outcome.

My PVP pointed it out to me when I questioned by they denied our price drop. She then called regular guest services on my behalf. She became the go between and kept putting me on hold while she tried to work something out. Later I called guest services myself as she couldn't get us back together. That is when I encountered "Donte" and he told me if my PVP cared, she would still be on the phone with me. UGH!!!

The PVP is there to help, but there wasn't much they could do. And from Donte, I had the distinct vibe that he didn't like PVP's. I will say though that the next day after John had it fixed, both my PVP and her supervisor called to check on me. I am grateful to both my PVP and supervisor as they kept me as calm as possible through out the whole event.

Claudia

I am so sorry this happened to you Claudia. Pain in the butt. Hang in there, keep pushing and settle for nothing less then your room back. I don't care what they tell you, someone there can make it happen. Please keep us posted!!

Claudia

I hope all of this gets straightened out for you :) I can't believe that Carnival would just move you - that is not right.

Please let us know how all of this works out.

Archived