Platinum "Chocolate Delights"

KenNBarbie

Wondered if you can request what day/time these are delivered?

In the past, they would arrive unannounced - usually on the least desirable evening (like after Steakhouse evening or same day as past guest party).

Anyone recently received these - are they chocolate coved strawberries, or what?

To my knowledge, you can not request when the plate is delivered.

They are usually delivered on the first elegant night. Last week on the Glory, I was surprised to receive a plate with 2 chocolate covered strawberries. 2 chocolates and 2 macaroons since it was only a 4 night cruise.

I haven't received any chocolate covered strawberries my last couple of cruises. Last cruise, I didn't get the drink coupon, and I got an IOU for the platinum gift. I even had to ask for soap. LOL.

Now, that's ridiculous. Did you get the famous platinum stationery? I have a small collection of it...

last cruise I received strawberries--of course everyone ate them-- then the next night I received a pen set with the Carnival logo on it. The following night I received my tumbler. I was surprised by the pen set as it seemed to be an added gift, but it was nice to receive. I have had a chocolate plate before without strawberries and I just give it to my husband as I am not much of a chocolate lover.

Couple of trips ago,

Received 2 Plates of Choc Covered Straw. complements of people in our group the first night out of port. Called guest services to cancel the Platinum perk telling them we had 2 orders already. When we returned from dinner we had 2 more plates in the state room. Called again asking them to pick them up and not to charge us for them. They told us to give them to our friends or have the room stew. pick them up. You guessed it the next morning we received 2 more plates.

We ran out of friends to give them to.

Mike

To my knowledge, you can not request when the plate is delivered.

They are usually delivered on the first elegant night. Last week on the Glory, I was surprised to receive a plate with 2 chocolate covered strawberries. 2 chocolates and 2 macaroons since it was only a 4 night cruise.

I hope this us a new thing since I only do 4-day cruises!

Wow, I got some stationery on my last cruise in June. The canapes were just gross.

Hmmm...I'm surprised, we haven't got any for about the last 6 or 7 cruises. I don't miss it, but thought it was a nice touch. It was a waste of time, paper, ink=$$$ lol I personally never used it.

Our canapés have been replaced by chocolate covered strawberries for just about as long. Hubby never liked the canapés, so this makes him :)

Archived