NCL Gem August 31, 2013 Sailing

SnootieTootie

I would love it if you could email me pictures of the menus...I'm a first time cruiser and will be on the Gem 1-1-14....don't want any surprises...I like to plan ahead

I'm not quite sure if a private message function is available here, and I don't think you would want to post your email address here. Can anyone advise?

Cagney's

$30 cover charge

We had dinner the last night of our cruise at Cagney's. The food was fantastic, and service was even better. My husband and I both had the bbq ribs. we'd had so much steak all week, we welcomed a change. They were really good, and one serving was enough for three people.

Also, we took note on the menu that the lobster and steak no longer states that it is an additional charge.

As far as the Cagney's breakfast and lunch perk for suite passengers and the occasional Platinum passenger.....it just really wasn't a big deal to us. The best thing about it was it is quiet, and not crowded. As for the food and the service, it was just so so. I tried the crab eggs benedict. I'm not an egg person, and eggs and something fishy first thing in the morning just didn't float my boat.

Cagney's Dinner Menu:

Starters

Baked Potato soup (my hubby said best he'd ever had)

Chicken Drumsticks

The Iceberg Wedge (pretty darn good but nothing fancy)

Mexican Caesar

Argula Salad

Featured Selections:

Smoked St Louis Ribs

Truffle Chicken

Grilled Classics

Ribeye 16 oz

Bone In Ribeye 14 oz

Filet Mignon 8 oz/5 oz

Grilled Bison Strip 10 oz

Double Cut Lamb chops

Fishermans Corner

Grilled Garlic Shrimp

Grilled Sea Bass

Lobster Tail and Shrimp

Steakhouse Sides

Baked Potato

Gratin Potaoes

Garlic Mash

Orzo Pilaf

Cangney Truffle Fries

Onion Rings

Roasted Mushrooms

Steamed Broccoli

Beans chili Casserole

Green Beans

Coleslaw

Desserts

Hmm...didn't take a picture, but I do remember that I had Oreo Cheesecake and I was delicious

Love all this information. We are on the Gem in October and it will be our first cruise.

Do you recall which MDR was open for lunch on sail away day?

As well, how dressed up were people in the Grand Pacific. Were many decked all out or was it more the "no shorts, flip flops, ratty tshirts" type of thing?

The Grand Pacific is open for lunch on the first day from 11:30-1:30 Deck 7 aft.

Do not miss dinner on day 1. It was lobster and steak night, and it was very good.

On day 1 there is no dress code for dinner in the Grand Pacific. Hostess was informing passengers they would be allowed in on Day 1, but for the remainder of the cruise, they would need to be dressed appropriately.

Most gents were just in docker type pants and polo shirts, most ladies sundress, skirts, or dressy capri pants, or slacks. You really can dress up as much as you would like, or as comfortable as you would like. I would say 75% were dressed for comfort, and the remainder all gussied up.

The Grand Pacific is open for lunch on the first day from 11:30-1:30 Deck 7 aft.

Do not miss dinner on day 1. It was lobster and teak night, and I was very good.

On day 1 there is no dress code for dinner in the Grand Pacific. Hostess was informing passengers they would be allowed in on Day 1, but for the remainder of the cruise, they would need to be dressed appropriately.

Most gents were just in docker type pants and polo shirts, most ladies sundress, skirts, or dressy capri pants, or slacks. You really can dress up as much as you would like, or as comfortable as you would like. I would say 75% were dressed for comfort, and the remainder all gussied up.

Thank you very much! :) :) :)

Do not miss dinner on day 1. It was lobster and teak night, and I was very good.

Unfortunately I'm allergic to shellfish.... and I'm pretty sure that the oaky Chardonnay I prefer would clash with the teak. ;) :D

Do not miss dinner on day 1. It was lobster and steak night, and it was very good.

What happened to freestyle cruising? A dress code!! Counter to what NCL tries to sale as a difference between them and it's competitors.

There are two main dining rooms Grand Pacific. Grand pacific has a dress code, Magenta is more casual.

Here is the stated dress code:

Dinner in LeBistro and Grand Pacific is Smart Casual. Collared shirts and pants or nice jeans with closed toed shoes for men. Slacks or jeans, dresses skirts and tops for women. No baseball caps or visors. (Presentable jeans are clean, without holes and tears, not overly faded, worn at the waist or hips and in good condition).

All other Restaurants: Cruise Casual Khaki's, jeans, shorts, casual shirts for men (no tank tops). Ladies Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and tops, summer dresses, capri pants, shorts, jeans

Archived