Upgrade on Allure question

Heytray41

Hi, maybe someone knows the answer:

I paid $919 per person (x2, NY resident)) before taxes for a D5 (room 8608 if memory is correct) for the 10/20/13 sailing on the Allure of the Seas. I was on the website and did a mock booking because I saw a post that said there was a price drop for the weekend. Anyway, I know no OBC, but was looking to upgrade to a D1, which the website is saying $818 pp (x2, NY resident). When I called a representative, I was told she could not find the rate I saw, possibly for new bookings only and what she had was $990 for the D1. How do you know if its new bookings only, or should I try calling back and speak to a new rep? I know the room sizes are the same, but balcony is a little bigger for the D1, so if I can get a free upgrade....why not??

Thanks for any info!

Traci

Got the upgrade to D1!!! :-)

Spoke to a rep this morning who also thought it was new bookings for this weekend special, however he did see the rate I was talking about and put me on hold to speak to a supervisor in the resolutions dept, and they were able to upgrade me from D5 to D1... on the same deck!! Yayyyy!! So happy!

Thanks for the help and happy cruising!

Traci

Got the upgrade to D1!!! :-)

Spoke to a rep this morning who also thought it was new bookings for this weekend special, however he did see the rate I was talking about and put me on hold to speak to a supervisor in the resolutions dept, and they were able to upgrade me from D5 to D1... on the same deck!! Yayyyy!! So happy!

Thanks for the help and happy cruising!

Traci

Congrats!

Yay glad you got the upgrade! I called yesterday and went from a D8 to JS for a little bit extra (otherwise was going to grab a D1). I was told it was for new bookings only as well but whatever she did or whoever she talked to when I waited on hold for 5 minutes... thank you :)

We thought about doing this also - after a long time on the phone we were told it was a military rate (which we could use). Possible that it is for new bookings, but it is also a military rate - I think it depends how much the RC rep researches the price and if they talk to a supervisor. I am assuming if it is good as a military rate then it may also be good for 55 and over.

Actually decided against the D1 - this is the second week of a back-to-back for us and really didn't want to move. Other than the bigger balcony the D6 we curently have is the same size, and for us in a better location that the D1 that was available.

Yay glad you got the upgrade! I called yesterday and went from a D8 to JS for a little bit extra (otherwise was going to grab a D1). I was told it was for new bookings only as well but whatever she did or whoever she talked to when I waited on hold for 5 minutes... thank you :)

What was your cost to do so? I am in a D1 on Allure but will be four points shy of Diamond afterwards going into a 10 day cruise after that. Am considering JS if price is right to get the double points.

What was your cost to do so? I am in a D1 on Allure but will be four points shy of Diamond afterwards going into a 10 day cruise after that. Am considering JS if price is right to get the double points.

I paid $209 CAD per person to upgrade.

I paid $209 CAD per person to upgrade.

Thanks, gives me some hope. I am setting a limit of $500 total for the upgrade. I figure the cheapest 4 night cruise to get the points I could do for 2 with tips/taxes and no extra spending (yeah right) would be about $500 but would also have to find the time to do it so that's about what I am willing to spend to go to a JS for double points.

Archived