CoCo Cay...need info

B-52

Tell me about CoCo Cay....we have not been there in about 6-7 years...

Have their been any upgrades? I take it you still tender...

I see they now have Cabana's....what else is new???

Is there a private beach for Suite guests as there is in Labadee?

We have been to Labadee 3 times since our visit to CoCo cay...labadee has undergone extensive upgrades...wondering if the same effort has been put into CoCo cay...

Hello B-52. We cruised together several years ago - I remember meeting you at the M&M

Anyway - Coco Cay has had a few upgrades (Cabanas as an example) but is closer to what Labadee was before the upgrades to support Oasis. The snorkeling is nicer than at Labadee IMHO. The chairs are already out and set-up and I think there is more shade on Coco Cay

The cabana area is only for cabana guests not all suite guests. You do not access the water directly from the cabana area. The cabana includes a fruit plate, bottle of champagne, 2 sets of snorkel, 2 bottles of water, and the upgraded buffet. The cabanas do not have a ceiling fan or an electric outlet (I think they do at Labadee).

You still tender (they moved some of the old labadee tenders over). Lines going back are sometimes long. Suite guests get priority tender so you don't need to get a tender ticket.

Any specific questions - we were there twice this year (once on a 3 day EN and once on the 7 day GR)

Barbara

What are our chances of getting a cabana if we are not in a suite or diamond?

And if no cabana...what beach area do you recommend....we would want to be pretty close to a bar since we will have the drink package!

Thanks

They drive around in a golf cart pulling a trailer to sell drinks. There is always places near you to buy refreshments.

I have never been to Coco Cay and have an activities question. We purchased the scuba excursion but will only take up a couple of hoursa thte very most. Will there be opportunity to hang out at the beach afterwards? Or is that another "excursion". I've never done the private beach thing, so I'm just trying to understand how it works.

Thanks,

Randi

I have never been to Coco Cay and have an activities question. We purchased the scuba excursion but will only take up a couple of hoursa thte very most. Will there be opportunity to hang out at the beach afterwards? Or is that another "excursion". I've never done the private beach thing, so I'm just trying to understand how it works.

Thanks,

Randi

If your excursion is only a couple of hours, you will be able to hang out on which ever beach you pick otherwise. Barefoot Beach is the farthest walk but is really quiet. There are chairs and palapas there and much smaller crowds. We were there a few weeks ago and there was a huge stingray and a few little lemon sharks swimming in the area.

There are two food areas on the island that have a buffet set up. The hours for the buffet are not that long so make sure you eat before they pack everything up.

Waiters are walking around selling Coco Locos or there are bars to buy other drinks.

It's a beach day...pure and simple! Of course you can just "hang out" after your excursion! It's lovely and relaxing! Or, if you aren't "beach people", you can always head back to the ship....it's up and running and spend the remainder of the day on a ship without a huge crowd!

Archived