Bermuda & NCL

Jan_In_Maine

My son and his partner will be joining us on our next cruise. I am the "mamma tiger" that wants to make sure that my family will be comfortable in Bermuda and on NCL. Thanks! Jan

My spouse and I (longtime lesbian couple) have done five cruises on NCL (including one to Bermuda), enjoyed them all, never felt uncomfortable.

Thank you for looking out for your family. I hope you all have a wonderful trip together!

Thanks so much for posting!!! Glad you enjoy both NCL and Bermuda. Jan

PS - I'm so excited about this trip ... this will be the first one for my son's partner and I'm looking forward to watching his excitement ... (he has always wanted to swim with dolphins, so I think that will be his Christmas present this year)!!

My wife and I cruised the Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda this past May. It was three wonderful days and we encountered no problems at all. We hung around the docks at Kings Wharf, and we also ventured out to Hamilton and St. George via public transportation.

We don't display any kind of PDA when out and about no matter what country we visit and sometimes no even in our own hometown on NYC. Since homophobia is every where we just rather not take a chance and have a drama free vacation. I can be very passionate about telling people to mind their own darn business (not this nicely though), so I mind my manners to not upset my own vacation lol.

Dolphin encounters will be an easy excursion when in Bermuda. Your docked practically next to Dolphin Quest. If there is an option to book direct and not with the cruise line then save your money and do so. It's also part of the Museum so we got to see folks and their dolphin encounter as part of the $10 admission to the museum. Most other places charge you a bundle just to watch, they didn't.

We loved Bermuda and would do it again with a different ship.

We have cruised to Bermuda several times on various lines. Bermuda is lovely and welcoming and I doubt you will have ANY problems. We had not been on NCL for a while, but took it this winter out of NYC (not to Bermuda). In MAY we took Celebrity out of NJ to Bermuda. We have sailed with Celebrity several times, as well and I would absolutely suggest you consider Celebrity over NCL, no matter what the destination.

We have cruised to Bermuda several times on various lines. Bermuda is lovely and welcoming and I doubt you will have ANY problems. We had not been on NCL for a while, but took it this winter out of NYC (not to Bermuda). In MAY we took Celebrity out of NJ to Bermuda. We have sailed with Celebrity several times, as well and I would absolutely suggest you consider Celebrity over NCL, no matter what the destination.

We love Celebrity too, and we've also enjoyed our cruises on NCL. Very different experiences, each enjoyable in its own way. The OP is in Maine, which I presume makes it pretty drive-able to take the Dawn out of Boston to Bermuda. (Much further to drive to NJ to take the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda, plus Celebrity stops sailing to Bermuda earlier in the year [if schedule is a concern], and Celebrity costs a good bit more.)

Frankly, with the Dawn presumably so much more convenient for the OP, and Bermuda being a place where you'll be OFF the ship so much, I don't think I'd recommend Celebrity to the OP over NCL for this particular cruise to Bermuda. But I do love Celebrity; our next two cruises are on Celebrity, and I can't wait.

Thanks so much for posting!!! Glad you enjoy both NCL and Bermuda. Jan

PS - I'm so excited about this trip ... this will be the first one for my son's partner and I'm looking forward to watching his excitement ... (he has always wanted to swim with dolphins, so I think that will be his Christmas present this year)!!

Typical!:mad:

The son-in-law gets all the good presents! :rolleyes:My mother spoils my spouse so much more than she does me...

(Have a great cruise, and so sweet to read about your excitement about your son's partner's excitement:D the way families should be! )

Andrew

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Typical!:mad:

The son-in-law gets all the good presents! :rolleyes:My mother spoils my spouse so much more than she does me...

(Have a great cruise, and so sweet to read about your excitement about your son's partner's excitement:D the way families should be! )

Andrew

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I've always told my DH that my mom always liked him best ... He said it was because she knew how much he loved me .... and that as long as he treated her daughter well .... then she would always love him. I believe that your mom is very happy that you are happy!!:)

Thanks to everyone for making me feel much more comfortable. Jan

We just got off Breakaway this week and loved Bermuda. My husband and I also do not show PDA in other countries to avoid any issues. If you stay in the tourist areas (Horseshoe Bay, Dockyard, Hamilton), no one will bat an eye.

We even went to the Frog and Onion with a group of other gay couples we had met onboard and one female friend. While the piano player performing kept commenting that the female was lucky to have a table of 7 (gay) guys, no one made us feel uncomfortable.

My wife and I cruised the Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda this past May. It was three wonderful days and we encountered no problems at all. We hung around the docks at Kings Wharf, and we also ventured out to Hamilton and St. George via public transportation.

We don't display any kind of PDA when out and about no matter what country we visit and sometimes no even in our own hometown on NYC. Since homophobia is every where we just rather not take a chance and have a drama free vacation. I can be very passionate about telling people to mind their own darn business (not this nicely though), so I mind my manners to not upset my own vacation lol.

Dolphin encounters will be an easy excursion when in Bermuda. Your docked practically next to Dolphin Quest. If there is an option to book direct and not with the cruise line then save your money and do so. It's also part of the Museum so we got to see folks and their dolphin encounter as part of the $10 admission to the museum. Most other places charge you a bundle just to watch, they didn't.

We loved Bermuda and would do it again with a different ship.

Nice wedding! Congrats! We're in the Bronx too! Check out our wedding video.

Jan, my partner's mom is as protective of my interests as you are of your son's and his partner's. To paraphrase another post, that is definitely the way families should be. Thank you for having a huge heart. You will find Bermuda welcoming and very generous.

To Robert & Nathanael (younglegend), my partner and I ran into you guys in The Haven bar a time or two, and it was evident you were in a special place emotionally. Congratulations! I'm sorry we didn't enjoy more time to make the acquaintance of the sizable gay contingent onboard. Best wishes for many years of bliss. Love the video!

Archived