Mr Gerry Cahill refuses to directly answer communique' Re. future of cruise bands

manmtnmike

While I agree with the Op's concerns and issues 100%, I also agree with the respondents here about not dragging CC into this.

CCL hates CC enough and if you want CCL to respond to your concerns bringing up Cruise Critic is the LAST thing that you should ever do. You'd have made more an impact if you'd have not mentioned this web site.

Oh and the response does STINK.

I am telling you that other lines are far better with CS and responding to written letters...which speaks volumes.

It was hard for me to give up CCL and when I finally decided to just really stop booking with them, I was far happier.

The grass is greener elsewhere.

While I am far from a CCL Cheerleader (they are our preferred cruise line), please say it isn't so. I want the grass to be greener with CCL.

I love live music, so I understand the OP's frustration. HOWEVER, If you want professionals to take you seriously, write in a professional manner. This practice of mentioning Cruise Critic as if it's going to stop people in their tracks is just ridiculous, as is demanding they do this and do that – badgering will get you nowhere.

While I agree with the Op's concerns and issues 100%, I also agree with the respondents here about not dragging CC into this.

CCL hates CC enough and if you want CCL to respond to your concerns bringing up Cruise Critic is the LAST thing that you should ever do. You'd have made more an impact if you'd have not mentioned this web site.

Oh and the response does STINK.

I am telling you that other lines are far better with CS and responding to written letters...which speaks volumes.

It was hard for me to give up CCL and when I finally decided to just really stop booking with them, I was far happier.

The grass is greener elsewhere.

Perfect! I agree with every single word.

Obviously you do not speak for Cruise Critic, or the majority of Cruise Critic, so that bit of drama was fairly transparent.

Platinum's are a dime a dozen, but as I have said before, repeat guests do not pay for new cruise ships and do not grow the business. Grandstanding to upper management in fact diminishes and dilutes what little value they have.

All things considered, I'd have to say that I am impressed that you actually got a response - Great Customer Service - and that the response was measured and appropriate.

Obviously you do not speak for Cruise Critic, or the majority of Cruise Critic, so that bit of drama was fairly transparent.

Platinum's are a dime a dozen, but as I have said before, repeat guests do not pay for new cruise ships and do not grow the business. Grandstanding to upper management in fact diminishes and dilutes what little value they have.

All things considered, I'd have to say that I am impressed that you actually got a response - Great Customer Service - and that the response was measured and appropriate.

I don't see the OP speaking on behalf of Cruise Critic. Swap out "Cruise Critic" for "THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE", and I wonder if people would focus on that, and not the issue itself.

I thought I would miss the live band on our CCL cruise this past Feb. but I didn't really. To CCL this was a letter from one person expressing their opinion. I wouldn't expect them to actually do anything about it other than what they did. Just because you write a letter or email to the CEO of a large multi-national company it doesn't mean they are going to personally deal with it themselves.

I guess I am not understanding the objections to the OP saying *other(not all) carnival cruisers.

Some here have pointed out thier issue with *no bands*' date=' yet your upset the OP spoke for those that are not happy with the bands gone?

Seems you can't have it both ways.

AKK[/quote']

I for one have no issues with "no bands". If the OP had wanted to include others, by name, who he/she had received permission from to speak for, I would have had no problems with that either. But using the term "many others" would lead the recipient to conclude that almost anyone they spoke to from CC would hold this same position and that simply isn't true and holds all of us to this posters desires.

. I want the grass to be greener with CCL.

I did too at one time and for the life of me, I don't understand why :confused:

The truth is the grass could be it's greenest right where you are. Just because it isn't for me, doesn't mean it isn't for you. The only way you will ever know is if you venture outside your comfort zone. You may find that CCL is best for you.

I would like then to kill all the production and music shows. Replacing them them with different individual fly-on acts. The High School musical shows and bands are just a joke.

And you can petition Carnival to do just that...........as long as you do it in your name only.

I for one have no issues with "no bands". If the OP had wanted to include others, by name, who he/she had received permission from to speak for, I would have had no problems with that either. But using the term "many others" would lead the recipient to conclude that almost anyone they spoke to from CC would hold this same position and that simply isn't true and holds all of us to this posters desires.

Right.

And leads one to think someone at corporate if out scouting for bands to be placed back on the ships.

Saying that you are surprised that the OP actually got a response is not a glowing reflection of the cruise line.

Stating that you think that canned response was appropriate is just more proof that the reason why you love CCL is you are totally satisfied with mediocrity because the response from CCL was lame at best.

I agree, it could have been worded better!

AKK

Well OP I'm not sure why you're under attack. There have been plenty of threads and comments about the lack of live music. You certainly didn't indicate you were representing all CCers. I guess no good deed goes unpunished on the Carnival Boards.

I'm not a fan of the Dj and would also like to see live come back

However

I did not see anything wrong on ccl response

You gave your feedback , but not sure your insistence of a reply the your points are not really just badgering

No way are they going to give you a direct answer even if they were planing to change it in the direction you want

Also by throwing in cruise critic im shocked that they even answered

This site is really education g people on how save money when sailing , the editor in chief called out carnival for safety issues, where to go for cheap products and service that ccl is trying to sell

Then couple it with mentioning that your plat , which means there is a good chance you book cheap, spend little and demand more for your loyalty

All for 59.99 a day

Again I surprised you even got a response

But how many of that 81% are going to take their business elsewhere because of this? That's the number that CCL is interested in and as long as it is not too large they will live with it.

But how many of that 81% are going to take their business elsewhere because of this? That's the number that CCL is interested in and as long as it is not too large they will live with it.

Based on the bleeding in bookings, possibly a lot. That's for them to uncover. They know something's wrong. Let's see if they're smart enough to figure this out with the changes they are making.

Based on the bleeding in bookings, possibly a lot. That's for them to uncover. They know something's wrong. Let's see if they're smart enough to figure this out with the changes they are making.

I would think that the bleeding in bookings is caused more by the numerous recent mechanical issues (and resultant bad press) than something that was instituted a couple of years ago. You are right that it is up to them to figure it out.

I would think that the bleeding in bookings is caused more by the numerous recent mechanical issues (and resultant bad press) than something that was instituted a couple of years ago. You are right that it is up to them to figure it out.

All you need is "that reason" to try something new.

And while trying something new, you see all the differences, and you see them as better, guess where that person returns?

Archived