Silver Discoverer is confirmed

Perfectionistcruiser

The itineraries look pretty neat!

There are some covering northern Australia next year which look interesting. The ones late next year that explore NZ, and some rarely-visited sub-Antarctic Islands to the south...these look really exciting! I think that we will have to call our TA!

Itineraries look great, but fares are shockingly high. More expensive than explorer, and most suites do not have verandas, which in this area, would be a must for me. Am going to wait to hear more before booking.

Also, does anyone find it weird that they just now posted the 2014 schedules? Our 2014 travel schedule is already booked and has been for over 6 mos. will look for 2015.

Itineraries look great, but fares are shockingly high. More expensive than explorer, and most suites do not have verandas, which in this area, would be a must for me. Am going to wait to hear more before booking.

Also, does anyone find it weird that they just now posted the 2014 schedules? Our 2014 travel schedule is already booked and has been for over 6 mos. will look for 2015.

Totally agree.Great itineraries but high prices.The top suite being the 1 medallion suite.With few others with a balcony.

However Macquarie Island is on some of the itineraries-this is a gem.

We were on this ship when it was owned by Clipper Cruises sailed from New Caledonia to Melbourne All I can say it was in horrid condition. Very small and they have their work to do to make it a nice ship

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

In my BC life-before cruise critic-we did cruises on Orion to the Kimberleys and Antarctica-which included the NZ sub Antarctic Islands and Macquarie Island.These feature on the Discoverers itineraries so may be of interest.They are on a Frequent Flyer site so the flights obviously figure prominently.

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/trip-reports-and-trip-photos/antarctica-27099.html

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/trip-reports-and-trip-photos/coast-coast-broome-darwin-style-18004.html

Now unfortunately the Kimberley cruise was when I was only learning how to post photos so now most have vanished.but some pictures here-

https://picasaweb.google.com/ron.dolton/0619Broome?authkey=Gv1sRgCKjpnvjyzfiWZw#

The Orion is a beautiful ship - she has been purchased by an American company and will also be sailing the South Pacific area. (I will probably get deleted if I mention the name.) As to the condition of the Odyssey - I was just on her in December and there was nothing at all wrong with the condition of the ship. It has been many years since she was operated by Clipper Cruises.

The fares are higher than the other ships because all excursions are included and are an essential part of taking a cruise with the expedition ships. The schedules were just released because notice of the ship was just released. We were on Explorer in May and they were in the process of acquiring it, but it wasn't definite yet. It also takes a considerable amount of time to plan the itineraries and excursions. Hope this helps.

Archived