Cancelled 9/13 Cruise--Received Refund?

SevenSeas1492

Sorry if this has been answered--I haven't been on this board in a while. Has anyone who was booked on the 9/13 Millennium cruise received a refund yet? I keep watching my credit card account, but nothing yet. We have another cruise booked, and I was hoping to use this credit to pay for it. Thanks!

I think you are probably too early. They are still processing the August refunds and have a long way to go on those. I would guess, and this is only a guess, that it will be six to eight weeks before you will see anything. Keep us posted if you do, and please go over to the other thread where others are gathered already to report progress in receiving refunds.

Sorry if this has been answered--I haven't been on this board in a while. Has anyone who was booked on the 9/13 Millennium cruise received a refund yet? I keep watching my credit card account, but nothing yet. We have another cruise booked, and I was hoping to use this credit to pay for it. Thanks!
Just received an envelope from Celebrity Cruises in the mail yesterday.

I opened it expecting to find notice of the refund and the future cruise vouchers.

Should have known better.

Inside were luggage tags for the cancelled cruise!

Guess they figured we should at least have a souvenir from it. :rolleyes:

Just received an envelope from Celebrity Cruises in the mail yesterday.

I opened it expecting to find notice of the refund and the future cruise vouchers.

Should have known better.

Inside were luggage tags for the cancelled cruise!

Guess they figured we should at least have a souvenir from it. :rolleyes:

OUCH!!:eek:

You can monitor various refund postings over on the Sept 13 roll call thread if you wish.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1612159

As you can tell from the other thread, the refunds are coming in dribs and drabs. Some people are getting two installments, some three. I've only received one installment and lots of assurances that there is more to come.

The cynic in me says that Celebrity is doing this on purpose to make it nearly impossible to see if we are getting all that we are due.

Or maybe they just have cash flow problems :rolleyes:

I was on the August 16 cruise by the way, so September passengers no doubt have quite a wait yet to come.

I was on the August 16 cruise by the way, so September passengers no doubt have quite a wait yet to come.

We were on the Sept 13 sailing (the last sailing affected) and the first of our refunds hit our AMEX account today. The credit represented roughly 2/3 of what we're due. We did a few calculations, and the remaining 1/3 yet to be credited will probably go to a different credit card (VISA) since we had used two different cards over the "life" of our booking with regard to deposits, final payment, upgrades, refunds when fares dropped, etc.

Archived