how to kill time with late flight

bettina

Wondered.. cruising the Freedom from Port Canaveral. On the return trip home from Orlando airport, may be taking the 7 pm flight. Any ideas to as to where to go to kill time? Will not have rental car, but didn't want to spend all day at the airport. Thanks for any ideas!

Wondered.. cruising the Freedom from Port Canaveral. On the return trip home from Orlando airport, may be taking the 7 pm flight. Any ideas to as to where to go to kill time? Will not have rental car, but didn't want to spend all day at the airport. Thanks for any ideas!

There are some great cape can acetal excursions that you could do through royal. We ran into the same problem a few years ago & burned a 6 hour wait at Kennedy space center. There are loads of bus companies that will bring you back & forth. I STRONGLY recommend luggage valet anyway but especially in this circumstance.

Obviously there's Disney. But universal is totes doable in a few hours. Wicked expensive though.

See you onboard!!! We're sailing freedom for the next two weeks!

Just a thought, you can rent a car at the port and drop off at the airport, then do what you want. There are tons of things in Orlando to do. One thing to look at if you like aviation is Fantasy of Flight in Lakeland. I am a pilot so it is of interest to me. But it really is a fantastic place for airplane buffs. But try Tripadvisor for Orlando and the area.

The Marriott across from the airport gave us a day stay rate of around 60 bucks so we had a room, shower, etc. We were, of course, dragging after a 7-day, so it was nice to just lounge by their pool (very nice) and have a few more drinks and relax before our flight. As I recall, there was no cost for the hotel's airport shuttle.

If you do not want to rent a car to explore

consider getting a day room at the hotel right there in the airport. You can nap, watch TV, victual at airport rest's ... or do something to burn energy to help you sleep during the flight ;) ..... they have an exercise room! :D

and virtually NO chance to miss your flight.

There is almost ALWAYS a sign in the terminal saying 'day rooms available'

We usually book a room at Univerals Royal Pacific which is their least expensive resort (doing this in Oct). I just have our driver drop us off and then pick us back up later. You can use all the facilities and pools etc., get free express passes for the parks and have access to City Walk via the free water taxi (if you don't want to do the park). We usually do Universal before the cruise so I have an annual pass which gives huge discounts for the on-site hotels (so much so that the savings paid for the pass this time around). Regardless, even without the pass it's a good deal if you have a few people with you as the express passes can be pretty pricey on their own depending on the time of year you go.

I also know people that get a day rate at the Hyatt at the airport to use the pools and other facilities. They said it worked out great and was very nice as well.

We did the airboat tour of the St John's river after we disembarked.

They dropped us off at the airport after.

It was very enjoyable and took up about 3 hrs IIRC.

That's what we are doing. So could you have your camera out for that ride, or does water splatter up?

Thanks!

A one way rental car from Port Canaveral to MCO is generally pretty inexpensive (we have gotten them for as low as $29 with tax included, but that was a few years ago--I'd guess you'll end up paying close to $50 now).

We often get a rental car (we like the flexibility and the place to stow luggage) when we have a ate flight after the cruise.

We like to go to one of the isney Water PArks, or play their mini gold courses and stop by Downtown Disney (depending on weahter), rather than going to one of hte BIG parks. It makes for a more realxed (and less expensive) but still very fun day.

We did the cruise line excursion to Kennedy Space Center with Airport drop off and we had a wonderful time. We didn't have to worry about luggage (it was in the bus with us, so we didn't have to lug it around or find a safe place to store it) and they got us to the airport in plenty of time to make our flight.

Kennedy Space Center was more than I expected! Used the word "Wow!" a lot!!

We did the cruise line excursion to Kennedy Space Center with Airport drop off and we had a wonderful time. We didn't have to worry about luggage (it was in the bus with us, so we didn't have to lug it around or find a safe place to store it) and they got us to the airport in plenty of time to make our flight.

Kennedy Space Center was more than I expected! Used the word "Wow!" a lot!!

This is what I'd choose - in fact if I was cruising out of PC I would get a late flight home on purpose to experience the space center. But I'm a space nerd.

Archived