Is This Normal???

jayjay94

It's going on two weeks now that I just came back from my first cruise and I am obsessed. I want to go on another one like today.. Just wanted to know if this is normal and if you felt the same way when you went on your first cruise. I catch myself asking random people hey let's go on a cruise. So please advise if I need to seek help.. lol

No, you absolutely don't need help (unless we all do, lol)!!!! :D I suffer the exact same way after every cruise I go on. The best solution is to always make sure you have another cruise booked, makes it a little better!! Cruising is the best vacation in the world and definatly addictive. What ship did you go on and where did you sail? Welcome to the club!!!! :D

No, you absolutely don't need help (unless we all do, lol)!!!! :D I suffer the exact same way after every cruise I go on. The best solution is to always make sure you have another cruise booked, makes it a little better!! Cruising is the best vacation in the world and definatly addictive. What ship did you go on and where did you sail? Welcome to the club!!!! :D

Ship was the Victory and we sailed to Key West & Cozumel. I know it's one of the older ships and I know there is nothing I can really compare the ship too since it's my first cruise. But I really have no complaints. It was a great ship and great trip. I must agree with you it is the best vacation in the world especially for a guy that does not like to Fly.. So I will be doing a lot of cruising..

Edited by jayjay94

I came off a cruise at the beginning of May, and by the end of the week, my parents were imploring me to book a cruise for Sept including them!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg "I can see Carnival Miracle (after 10-2-13) and Inspiration from my porch" (to paraphrase Tina Fey as S. Palin)

I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams!)

Edited by ccruisequeen

I LOVE LOVE LOVE TOO CRUISE!!!!! but my DH does not care about it too much so he puts up with it once a year but I could go every month (if I had the money) I love the whole process of looking for the deal, checking fligts, booking motels, packing, transferes, I do it all and he just has to not complain SO much..

i came off a cruise at the beginning of may, and by the end of the week, my parents were imploring me to book a cruise for sept including them!

copyofth_carnival-vifp-platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg "i can see carnival miracle (after 10-2-13) and inspiration from my porch" (to paraphrase tina fey as s. Palin)

i still cruise for warm chocolate melting cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams!)

nice!!!

It's going on two weeks now that I just came back from my first cruise and I am obsessed. I want to go on another one like today.. Just wanted to know if this is normal and if you felt the same way when you went on your first cruise. I catch myself asking random people hey let's go on a cruise. So please advise if I need to seek help.. lol

I was hooked after my first cruise. I booked the second one within two weeks of returning home. :D

Yep, you got the cruise bug.

It's a bad bite too....LOL

We booked the 2nd within days of the 1st one's debarkation.

We booked the 3rd just as quickly.

Now looking for number four, constantly looking, checking, researching.....

There is no end in sight.........

I was hinting at a cruise for my birthday last week and hubby shows up with the vehicle of my dreams.....um, thanks, I guess that means no Halloween cruise, huh?

Planning a big cruise for next year...enjoying the research...okay...I call it:

Planning & Scheming...hehehe

I suffer from this as well!! We took our first cruise this past spring break. It feels like a lifetime ago! We booked for the next spring break in May :D. I have now had serious discussions with my DH about relocating to Florida just so I can cruise whenever I want. LOL Am I obsessed?? ABSOLUTELY! :D

Edited by ldmcdon214

We booked our next cruise when we were on the ship i wish i could go on a couple of them a year but living in upstate NY its almost as much for the flights as it is the cruise and its probably we only go on one a year i would probably end up weighing 300 lbs lol there is something about laying around in the sun RELAXING and eating and relaxing and eating ect....

Well, you now officially have OCD - Obsessive Cruise Disorder!:D

For many of us on these boards there is no cure!:D

YOU WELCOME!:D

I have the bug as well. Last year went on 5 day on Triumph, came home for 2 weeks and went right back on the same cruise

Just got off Conquest Sunday and already looking at cruises through November this year. It is the best value for the dollar and a great way to unwind

Welcome to Cruise-A- Anonymous. We took our first cruise in 1994 and have been hooked since. We are always ready to go back on a cruise. So we book one as far out as we can to have something to look forward to. Soon 7-day cruises were not enough. We love 10 day and plan to do 12-14 day soon.

Happy to say, there is no cure. Book another one and keep on going.

I have always said there is only one downside to cruising and that is docking and getting off.

Yes, but if do not go to A-Anonymous meetings, then you do not have a problem!!!!!!!

I think someone said they feel like a crack addict and I have to say I feel the same way about cruising. I have driven my DH insane, because for a few months before we got and then for a long time after we get back, that is all I talk about. I tell him stories that I read on here and I think he's ready to kill me ;)

So we go on a cruise once a year and that seems to be good for him, but not for me :( We got off the Splendor two weeks ago and ever since, I have been trying to convince him to go on one for our anniversary in January. I told him I might be better if I could go twice a year! Lol! He doesn't seem convinced. He told me he would send me by myself and I was actually considering it! I definitely need help along with u ;)

Sorry the only solution is to book another cruise. Oh wait, not even that helps. I already have our trip booked for next year and just today my sister/cruising buddy were looking into something quick for the holidays! This site hasn't help. Matter of fact, CC has made me worse. On here way too much! :D just roll with it.

I went to Great Britain this summer and all I could think of the whole time there was this could have been a cruise. I honestly wonder if I really do have a problem. Getting back on that boat is all I can think of sometimes. Even worse though is my wife does not really care for cruising. Hence why I was in Great Britain. She would like to try other places and all I want to do is cruise. All other vacations to me now are a waste of time and money I could spend cruising.

We took our second cruise this past July arriving back home late July 29. On August 1 I booked our next cruise for the end of Oct. The only things holding us back is airfare to the ports and DH is a teacher so we are limited to summer cruising. Lucky for me, he is as addicted as I am so once we retire we are moving to Florida and it's on!

We took our second cruise this past July arriving back home late July 29. On August 1 I booked our next cruise for the end of Oct. The only things holding us back is airfare to the ports and DH is a teacher so we are limited to summer cruising. Lucky for me, he is as addicted as I am so once we retire we are moving to Florida and it's on!

Not so fast.

My wife is a teacher and we have 3 munchkins in school.

She'll never cruise at Christmas (at least while her mama is alive).

But from Dec. 27 until Jan 5/6 or so is fair game. Cruises at this time are expensive but fun and we get away from the cold.

I'm not overly crazy about cruising the Caribbean in summer so that short time frame in Dec/Jan works well.

Edited by fuddrules

it took a lot of talking and begging for my husband to talk me into our first cruise.. The ocean scares me. ( almost drown in it when I was a child) ... So I finally relented and it's a good thing it was a carribean cruise where the water was so smooth and beautiful.

and that was all she wrote.............. the day we got home, I booked out next one.. and now if I don't have one booked I feel so empty.. So guess it really is an addiction.... We are getting ready to take our 9th one next month... life is good

We took our first cruise in Dec 2012 and we booked our 2nd cruise in Dec 2012. We have already booked our 3rd and have plans for the 4th and we haven't even taken our 2nd one yet. :D