Is This Normal???

jayjay94

It's going on two weeks now that I just came back from my first cruise and I am obsessed. I want to go on another one like today.. Just wanted to know if this is normal and if you felt the same way when you went on your first cruise. I catch myself asking random people hey let's go on a cruise. So please advise if I need to seek help.. lol

No, not me..... ;)

Actually, I opted out of the first one my family went on.......they convinced me on the 2nd, and now I always seem to be checking prices/itineraries/flights to get something booked.....I am going on one this weekend, one in November, and have already started to plan something for Sept. 2014.......maybe just the OCD trickling out. :)

Welcome to Cruise-A- Anonymous. We took our first cruise in 1994 and have been hooked since. We are always ready to go back on a cruise. So we book one as far out as we can to have something to look forward to. Soon 7-day cruises were not enough. We love 10 day and plan to do 12-14 day soon.

Happy to say, there is no cure. Book another one and keep on going.

I have always said there is only one downside to cruising and that is docking and getting off.

It's going on two weeks now that I just came back from my first cruise and I am obsessed. I want to go on another one like today.. Just wanted to know if this is normal and if you felt the same way when you went on your first cruise. I catch myself asking random people hey let's go on a cruise. So please advise if I need to seek help.. lol

Yeah. I was depressed for almost a week after my first cruise. Till I booked my second the following Sunday.

24 cruises later I still feel like that.. I want/need to go on another one !!! NO, you don't need to seek help... save that money for another cruise :)

As you get more experienced, you'll learn to have subsequent cruises booked before you even sail on your next one. That way you avoid the withdrawal period of not having anything booked. :)

Edited by Tapi

You sound 100% normal. Good luck. The more cruises you have, the more you want.:D

I went in December, April, May, and August. Now I have cruises booked for October, November, December and March. Living in the Miami area, cheap cruise rates and no airfare and being semi retired really helps.

Nice... Tell me about it living in Miami all my life and 15 minutes from the port and I now at the age of 30 decided to cruise. What was I waiting for?? lol But to many other cruises to come... :D

Yep, I have to have one booked at all times. See my signature. Sometimes there's to much time between one and another so I have to book a middle. See Novembers sailing. It's driving me nuts, I really will have to be locked up to get over this. (hope its on a ship):eek: Well welcome to my world.. LOL

Yes. This is very normal.:D

I went in December, April, May, and August. Now I have cruises booked for October, November, December and March. Living in the Miami area, cheap cruise rates and no airfare and being semi retired really helps.

You and OP are lucky, living in Montana, the airfare is as much as an inside cabin for a 7 day cruise. :(

We booked a cruise while ON our last cruise, but it's been torturous since it was over 400 days out. Half way there. :D

Not at all! First one was for my honeymoon in 2011. I now wish I lived in FL so that I could take advantage of all the cheap 3 day cruises without burning a bunch of vacation time!

Until then..(or retirement) will have to settle for 1-2 a year :(

Not at all! First one was for my honeymoon in 2011. I now wish I lived in FL so that I could take advantage of all the cheap 3 day cruises without burning a bunch of vacation time!

Until then..(or retirement) will have to settle for 1-2 a year :(

1 or 2 a year is not that bad... But yea I will def take advantage now knowing what I was missing..

It does get easier to live with after many cruises, but then again, we always have at least one more cruise booked before the upcoming cruise, so never 'cruise-less'.