"Great Vacation Guarantee"

rockbock

Trust me they know what going on and its not going to be so easy to scam them.

No need to scam them. The policy seems very cut and dry. If you are not happy for any reason in the first 24 hours you can invoke the guarantee. I don't like the food in the dr, I don't like the employee uniforms ( maybe the shorts are to short and the site of bare legs offends me). Of course I would imagine if you did this more than once they may ask you to not book anymore cruises with them in the future. The tc's seem very straight forward and are already posted in the website so they will have to honor the program through the end for anyone that books today going forward.

In reality I am sure they have ran numerous complex finincial programs to determine the effect on their earnings, likely number of people claiming the guarantee etc. and feel this will bring in more cruisers who need that reassurance and build their reputation with the general public back. Majority of Americans have never taken a cruise and the industry esp Carnvial has taken a bath in the media of late. (Even the headlines on yahoo today "carnival lets passengers cruise for 24 hours for free"). I think this is actually a really positive thing for carnival to offer this without a bunch of fine print and catches. I bet 99.% never use the guarantee.

The only thing I see that is new is the $100 OBC you will get if you take the guarantee and leave the ship early if dissatisfied. The guarantee for getting off the ship if dissatisfied was in place back in May when I sailed the Glory except no OBC.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm also guessing it's a typo about $300 in upgrades to the ships. The "Scrubber" installation is gonna cost more than $300.

True. I was actually more curious about the "upcoming product concepts which will be announced this fall and into wave season" part though

Yea it's worth it for few free days on the ship???? Have any of you ever been to the Nassau or san Juan airports. Yes,I want to sit there for 8 hours for my connecting flight in abc. No ill pass an sit on my balcony and take up smoking?

I'm with ya!

For those who do get off your still out the money you paid for air even with them flying you back home .

I'm with ya!

For those who do get off your still out the money you paid for air even with them flying you back home .

But for people like myself, that has both FLL & Miami within a 3 hour drive, the extra 10% would pay for gas and parking.

Gregg

I think that Carnival is betting that the line at guest services at 23 1/2 hours after the cruise started will be wrapped around the ship and only one person at the counter that doesn't speak English, eating a sandwich, and talking to her boyfriend on the phone, will be handing out fliers that say sorry, you were too late to get your free cruise cause you didn't make it to guest services in time!!:rolleyes::eek::D

Keith

This will be my last time chiming in on this thread and I just have to say its really sad that most of you are just so negative . I don't think this offer is that big of a deal, seems like people only look to find the bad.

Maybe Carnival really going to ramp if up on whats been lacking.

I also imagine most people will not be getting off the ship and will have a wonderful cruise. So why don't we look at it as a positive step in the right direction.

Carnival just opened a can of worms with this. For those that can drive or walk to a port you can get a great deal. Get a 1or 2 day cruise for free (depending on the ships first days at sea) and 110% refund and all transport back to port free. And $100 obc on your next cruise.

That's exactly how to do it. I live in NYC. I took a 7 day Bahamas cruise. Cost to get there was $8 cab from GCT.

So book the nicest room possible. Leave at night and eat a nice dinner and go to the bar to have some fun. Next day first thing head down to the GSD and invoke the boo hoo routine. Get 2 sea days to chill, eat and drink. Get to FLA. Request the extra 10% in cash and pay the bar tab. Free flight back to NYC on day 3 and $8 to get home. Throw in $50 for tips. Three weeks or so get the rest of the money credited.

$68 dollars for 3 days of fun/food/peace and quiet/fresh air. Why wouldn't you do that? That's a mediocre lunch for two in Manhattan!

No Brainer, IMO.

I'm also guessing it's a typo about $300 in upgrades to the ships. The "Scrubber" installation is gonna cost more than $300.

The $300 million isn't part of the scrubber installation it to upgrade the power systems and redundancy systems on all the ships.

That's exactly how to do it. I live in NYC. I took a 7 day Bahamas cruise. Cost to get there was $8 cab from GCT.

So book the nicest room possible. Leave at night and eat a nice dinner and go to the bar to have some fun. Next day first thing head down to the GSD and invoke the boo hoo routine. Get 2 sea days to chill, eat and drink. Get to FLA. Request the extra 10% in cash and pay the bar tab. Free flight back to NYC on day 3 and $8 to get home. Throw in $50 for tips. Three weeks or so get the rest of the money credited.

$68 dollars for 3 days of fun/food/peace and quiet/fresh air. Why wouldn't you do that? That's a mediocre lunch for two in Manhattan!

No Brainer, IMO.

CCL " TCboyle, all of us at Carnival want to express how sorry we are that you will departing in Florida"

TCboyle "Yes, I am sorry too"

CCL "Good news. We have arranged your flights back to NYC. It flies to India with a few stops on the way. You will have a 3 day layover in Calcutta, but we have a nice Hostel arranged for your layover. You will then transfer to another flight to NYC with a few stops along the way. The flight leaves from California so we will book you on a Greyhound bus from Florida to California. Would you like your 10% in nickles, pennies or Rupees?"

The only thing I see that is new is the $100 OBC you will get if you take the guarantee and leave the ship early if dissatisfied. The guarantee for getting off the ship if dissatisfied was in place back in May when I sailed the Glory except no OBC.

I remember a thread about this a while ago when someone got off because of an unresolved issue.

Lol, I've always wanted to go to Calcutta and the rupee is trading cheap these days.

I still don't see the problem. :) Holyfield was willing to lose an earlobe to be the Champ, apparently so is CCL. I'll be their Huckleberry. The dining room opens promptly at Six.

IMO this is a poor business decision and will be yanked in a short time. Flying people home from on the spot air fares will kill the program. I can just see what happens when the first full day is a port and due to weather it is missed. You complain, stay on until the next port and then you and the other 150 people decide to pack it in at Carnival's expense. While the spirit is good the unintended consequences will kill the program.

IMO this is a poor business decision and will be yanked in a short time. Flying people home from on the spot air fares will kill the program. I can just see what happens when the first full day is a port and due to weather it is missed. You complain, stay on until the next port and then you and the other 150 people decide to pack it in at Carnival's expense. While the spirit is good the unintended consequences will kill the program.

I believe in order to this guarantee to be in effect, the reason has to be a problem on board that cannot be resolved. If I remember correctly, the thread here involved unsolvable A.C. problems and there was no where to move the people involved.

Archived