"Great Vacation Guarantee"

rockbock

This was just released...

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES LAUNCHES GROUNDBREAKING NEW

‘GREAT VACATION GUARANTEE’

One-of-a-Kind Program Offers 110 Percent Refund, Complimentary Return Flights

And More Should Guests Not Be Completely Satisfied

MIAMI (September 12, 2013) – Carnival Cruise Lines today unveiled an unprecedented new program that offers

consumers a one-of-a-kind, hassle-free money-back guarantee when booking a Carnival cruise

vacation. Designed to provide consumers with complete peace of mind, the “Great Vacation Guarantee” allows

guests to end their voyage early and receive a 110 percent refund plus complimentary transportation home, along

with a $100 shipboard credit for a future cruise, should they be dissatisfied with their cruise for any reason.

“We are proud to carry nearly 4.5 million satisfied guests each year and are very confident in the quality of

the vacation experience we provide on board the 24 ships of Carnival Cruise Lines,” said Gerry Cahill, Carnival

president and CEO. “The ‘Great Vacation Guarantee’ is designed to provide an assurance to those consumers who

may be considering a cruise that we stand behind our product and, if they are dissatisfied for any reason, they have

a simple and hassle-free means for receiving a full refund and more.”

To exercise the “Great Vacation Guarantee,” guests simply notify the ship’s guest services desk within the

first 24 hours of the voyage to receive a full refund of their cruise fare plus an additional 10 percent, along with

complimentary return air transportation from the next port of call, and complimentary ground transportation and

hotel accommodations (if necessary), along with a $100 shipboard credit to be used on a future Carnival

cruise. Carnival will fully handle all the necessary travel arrangements to make it a truly hassle-free experience.

The “Great Vacation Guarantee” is valid on all three- to eight-day voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean,

Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Canada and New England departing through April 30, 2015. The program applies to

U.S. and Canadian residents only and guests must possess a valid passport to return to the U.S. by air.

Carnival is promoting the “Great Vacation Guarantee” through its travel agent partners, as well as a special

section on its web site at www.carnival.com/vacationguarantee, and through ads in major market U.S. newspapers

and online.

For additional information and reservations on Carnival “Fun Ship” vacations, contact any travel

agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.

New strategy people will use. Book a cruise with 2 sea days at beginning of cruise. Complain within 24 hours, get free 3 night cruise plus $100 OBC on future cruise.

What a shame that this could be so true, especially if the cruise leaves on Saturday, board early Saturday morning, complain Sunday afternoon, leave the ship, fly home and get $100 OBC on Monday.. a weekend away courtesy of Carnival... :(

I wonder how many free loaders will abuse this new policy? I can see people using it because Carnival missed a port. No, they got to complain within 24 hours of leaving the dock - that's the rub.

To exercise the “Great Vacation Guarantee,” guests simply notify the ship’s guest services desk within the

first 24 hours of the voyage to receive a full refund of their cruise fare plus an additional 10 percent, along with

complimentary return air transportation from the next port of call, and complimentary ground transportation and

hotel accommodations (if necessary), along with a $100 shipboard credit to be used on a future Carnival

cruise. Carnival will fully handle all the necessary travel arrangements to make it a truly hassle-free experience.

The “Great Vacation Guarantee” is valid on all three- to eight-day voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean,

Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Canada and New England departing through April 30, 2015.

What a shame that this could be so true, especially if the cruise leaves on Saturday, board early Saturday morning, complain Sunday afternoon, leave the ship, fly home and get $100 OBC on Monday.. a weekend away courtesy of Carnival... :(

I highly doubt it is as easy to get this refund as Carnival makes it sound like. The guest services people will be trained to discourage this I am sure.

Will I incur 'Jones Act' fees if I disembark in a US port?

Carnival will take responsibility for any such penalty incurred.

The above is from the FAQ's in the link by rockbock above

It doesn't apply at all unless the "next port" is a US port. I assume that Carnival is willing to eat the fine in those cases.

Interesting, thanks! :)

This is actually more restrictive then the old guarantee. You used to have up until the first port of call. Now you only have 24 hours to invoke it.

The old program only provided a pro-rated refund, now you get 110 percent plus future $100 OBC.

The refund isn't instant either, it takes weeks to process.

I hope it has some fine print. Too many people in today's society who would abuse this and only care about theirselves. Like somebody said i could see somebody mad because rough waves did not allow tendering at HMC. You kno because carnival controls God and the weather.

I wouldn't be surprised that if someone were to invoke this they wouldn't be allowed to book another cruise right away (it at all). By the time the rough waves caused HMC to be missed the cruise would be more than 24 hours old.

I wouldn't be surprised that if someone were to invoke this they wouldn't be allowed to book another cruise right away (it at all). By the time the rough waves caused HMC to be missed the cruise would be more than 24 hours old.

"here's your $100 future OBC ... BTW, you can't book with us anymore." ;)

I think you'd have to have a pretty legitimate complaint for this to work. If there were no problems with your cabin, what excuse could you give for wanting to cut your vacation short? Is there some fine print on this somewhere we haven't seen yet?

I think you'd have to have a pretty legitimate complaint for this to work. If there were no problems with your cabin, what excuse could you give for wanting to cut your vacation short? Is there some fine print on this somewhere we haven't seen yet?

Just read the complaints that are forwarded and addresses on the jH Facebbok page. And if none of them fit, just say you're seasick.

I don't think you thought your post out very well if they're also giving you future OBC.

We can't lose as customers. Book the biggest room, with the longest duration to the first port, have your passport, and you get a free cruise, money back, a flight home, plus OBC. Probably can do it only once per passengers, but it's a lot cheaper than whose short, over priced, cruises to nowhere.

Archived