"Great Vacation Guarantee"

rockbock

I don't think you thought your post out very well if they're also giving you future OBC.

We can't lose as customers. Book the biggest room, with the longest duration to the first port, have your passport, and you get a free cruise, money back, a flight home, plus OBC. Probably can do it only once per passengers, but it's a lot cheaper than whose short, over priced, cruises to nowhere.

No problem Mr. 'X'. You can debark at the next port of call in three days. :) By the way, your sea pass is no longer valid for purchases. :) Enjoy the remainder of your cruise. :eek:

Free cruise on carnival! Heck they are gonna pay me to take. 3 day vacation ill gladly spend two sea days and let carnival fly me home.. What complaint should I use. Room to small ? Bed to hard? Dinner service took to long? Had bad table mates? Didnt have enought sports channels on tv? Which one ?

Btw I really wouldn't complain inless something major went wrong

Something tells me this will never launch as drafted. Its also possible that this program was "put out thee" so that those smarter than them can poke holes in it.

Meanwhile, the "gimme free stuff" community of the US would be all over this, now making up 51% of the US population.

I'm excited about this program. I would have had no problem invoking it on our cruise in June. It was my Platinum cruise and the WORST cruise I have ever been on--I will never do a 2.0 ship again. The only reason we didn't invoke the old guarantee is that we booked a b2b (would have completely lost all of our money) and it was cheaper to spend nine days on the cruise from hell than it was to fly from Saint John to Boston to Baltimore.

It's interesting that they'll pay any fees incurred for debarking in a US port. There was a CC poster over Christmas whose son had to wait until Nassau to fly home. He was stuck on the ship for five days before he could fly home. I think he had booked a suite over Christmas out of New York and the air conditioner was malfunctioning.

No problem Mr. 'X'. You can debark at the next port of call in three days. :) By the way, your sea pass is no longer valid for purchases. :) Enjoy the remainder of your cruise. :eek:

Well, since charges incurred onboard are NOT refundable it may be silly of them to limit you from making other purchases, but even without your Seapass card you're still going to have meals and access to the same amenities as any other cruiser. They're not going to sew a scarlet letter onto you.

Well, since charges incurred onboard are NOT refundable it may be silly of them to limit you from making other purchases, but even without your Seapass card you're still going to have meals and access to the same amenities as any other cruiser. They're not going to sew a scarlet letter onto you.

That's why they're giving you the $100 OBC to come back and try again.

Why would they not want to see stuff at their 500% markup?

Something tells me this will never launch as drafted. Its also possible that this program was "put out thee" so that those smarter than them can poke holes in it.

Meanwhile, the "gimme free stuff" community of the US would be all over this, now making up 51% of the US population.

I was thinking of booking Miracle from Los Angeles, 16 day Hawaii cruise.

Depart Los Angeles n Saturday, get off on Thursday at the first port in Hilo. Free transportation to and from Hawaii and some OBC for the next trip. Nice one.... :D

So if the Triumph disaster had happened within the first 24 hours....

Carnival would have only had to pay everyone their cruise fare plus 10% plus $100 OBC instead of the cruise fare plus a free future cruise which is what they paid the Triumph guests. Sounds like they are preparing to get out cheaper in the next disaster.

I was thinking of booking Miracle from Los Angeles, 16 day Hawaii cruise.

Depart Los Angeles n Saturday, get off on Thursday at the first port in Hilo. Free transportation to and from Hawaii and some OBC for the next trip. Nice one.... :D

Well, the policy says 3 - 8 day cruises and does not include Hawaii....so good luck?

I think this sounds good for people who have never cruised before and they are afraid to book because they are not sure cruising is there thing. While, I love to cruise, I can see how it isn't for everyone. I sometimes get sea sick the first night (if water is rough). I remember thinking the 1st time it happened "what if this feeling stays all 7 days". Thankfully, it didn't :D, but a guarantee would give people the peace of mind in the event they panic and want to bail.

...or it is just a gimmick to give people a false sense of security. Not sure you can accurately assess how an entire cruise will go in the 1st 24hours.

Really wish CCL would have spent the time, effort , and money to reward their frequent and loyal customers, rather that the small percentage of whining little baby customers.

If "loyal" customers have to constantly be "rewarded", then they're not very loyal, now are they?

If "loyal" customers have to constantly be "rewarded", then they're not very loyal, now are they?

You are missing my point totally. People who enjoy cruising with CCL , and have had fun with no problems but have not yet reached Diamond or Platinum status are largely ignored by CCL. If fact , this group has lost benefits they once enjoyed ( i.e. - the past guest party ). So they are NOT being

" constantly " rewarded . Far from it. With 30 years plus experience in Marketing , I fail to understand why CCL would introduce this program other than possibly trying to attract first time cruisers. I truly believe this is a mis-guided and wasteful effort by CCL.

Really wish CCL would have spent the time, effort , and money to reward their frequent and loyal customers, rather that the small percentage of whining little baby customers.

Totally agree! It will be us (the loyal customers who pay and never complain) who are paying for free vacations for the whiners. RC- you just got yourself a new customer. While I am looking forward to next week on Carnival Dream, this was enough to push me to try the Allure of the Seas next year. Why be loyal to a cruise line that is going to cater to the whiners and free loaders? Bad move.

Not going back to read past posts, but jus thow in the heck would this new policy have benefitted Triumph pax when the fire broke out or Dream pax in St. Marteen? Yet the news releases point to those as examples of why CCL changed it's guarantee.:confused:

Archived