I wonder if the upgrade fairy will visit us?

temple1

• 3 months later...

On our Holiday Cruise on Indy we originally booked two Oceanview rooms, but an Upgrade Fairy visited about 2 weeks before the cruise and we got two connecting Balcony rooms instead! :p :) I did not think this will ever happen to us, especially not on a Holiday Cruise!

So you, guys, don't loose hope! She is working very hard ;)

I think that the fairy only visit PAX with high bar bills.

I never been upgraded and have booked from inside all the way up to suite.

Other lines I did get upgrades.

I am working now to get 340 points so I can get solo for 50% added.

Now I have to look for cruise buddies or pay double.

5 yrs ago DD and I were upgraded from a balc to a JS and invited to use the lounge - enjoyed that cruise very much!

Did not know until I tried my key in our door, and it would not fit - room steward was watching for me, and had a laugh at me not knowing why my key would not fit!!

We were 8 doors down the hall!

No extra charge! Problem, now she wants me to book a suite everytime we cruise!!

We never were contacted regarding any upgrade. We sailed Royal and Celebrity for over 15 times combined. How does it happen? Do I call to check for an upgrade? Do they call? Is it free ? I just never thought it happens even thou we would love it at least once.

On our Holiday Cruise on Indy we originally booked two Oceanview rooms, but an Upgrade Fairy visited about 2 weeks before the cruise and we got two connecting Balcony rooms instead! :p :) I did not think this will ever happen to us, especially not on a Holiday Cruise!

So you, guys, don't loose hope! She is working very hard ;)

:D You give me HOPE!!!! Thanks!:D:p

We never were contacted regarding any upgrade. We sailed Royal and Celebrity for over 15 times combined. How does it happen? Do I call to check for an upgrade? Do they call? Is it free ? I just never thought it happens even thou we would love it at least once.

Depends on your upgrade preferences on Royal's website. Log in and seelect Profile, then Upgrade Preferences. You can select an automatic upgrade (no phone call) or an uprgade with conditions.

We booked the Liberty of the Seas 5 day western with a W guarantee for a junior suite or better. I go on Royal's website often after booking, to see if prices have gone down.

This trip, when I saw the price drop, I called my TA and I was offered to upgrade from my assigned JS to a GS at no charge, but we were able to get the owner's suite for just over $200pp extra. I jumped on it, as we have never traveled in an owner's suite, and usually am not willing to pay the difference.

I was going to surprise DH, but I was so excited, I couldn't keep the secret; a couple of days before Christmas, I spilled the beans so he could enjoy the anticipation with me.

Just 11 more days!

Barb

We are Diamond. We have NEVER had an upgrade. All other cruise lines have given us an upgrade - Celebrity, Holland Americra, Carnival etc. If we do a guarantee we usually get the bottom of the barrel.

I feel the same! I'm amazed how some get upgraded with no status and we sat with a Diamond Plus who never got upgraded!

There is always hope!!

Exactly! I only found out about our upgrade when I went to do an online check in, a week before the actual cruise. :D I was so absolutely positive we would not get an upgrade this cruise with New Years and it being very very busy, that when I saw that our room numbers changed I totally freaked out and was about to call and yell at them for switching our rooms :D Last several weeks before the cruise, I didn't even log in or checked prices or anything, with the holidays and all. So definitely, keep hope alive! The Upgrade Fairy visits when you least expect it! ;):)

Depends on your upgrade preferences on Royal's website. Log in and seelect Profile, then Upgrade Preferences. You can select an automatic upgrade (no phone call) or an uprgade with conditions.

Thanks I just did it. I had mine with condetions and none of the condetions was checked. So may be just may be now I will get upgrade at least once