Third Azamazing Evening In A Row. WOW!

BillC

Just got back from our 3rd consecutive Azamazing Evening. This one on Chania, Crete, Greece. Once again a "WOW" experience. This is our 3rd B2B and each one has been wonderful. We had to tender in again with fairly rough seas, and then had a short walk to a venue in a beautiful port setting, set up for a Grreek wedding this time. The only negative was that those who arrived a little late were sitting in the sun for the first hour, about until 6:30 PM. The logistics were once again superb, the venue outstanding, the food (a full dinner - was too much really good food) and the entertainment was great, starting at 5:30 PM and ending with fireworks at 9:30 PM. I kept count and lost track with 84 dancers, a great band,horses, etc. It was another great night. Can't wait for the next one next cruise.

Thanks for the updates on all three evenings. It sounds like you have really appreciated all three and that the logistics have been great.

Certainly now looking forward to what will be happening on our November cruise

Just got back from our 3rd consecutive Azamazing Evening. This one on Chania, Crete, Greece. Once again a "WOW" experience. This is our 3rd B2B and each one has been wonderful. We had to tender in again with fairly rough seas, and then had a short walk to a venue in a beautiful port setting, set up for a Grreek wedding this time. The only negative was that those who arrived a little late were sitting in the sun for the first hour, about until 6:30 PM. The logistics were once again superb, the venue outstanding, the food (a full dinner - was too much really good food) and the entertainment was great, starting at 5:30 PM and ending with fireworks at 9:30 PM. I kept count and lost track with 84 dancers, a great band,horses, etc. It was another great night. Can't wait for the next one next cruise.

Sounds great Bill. We are doing the Crete Azamazing Evening in June 2014 and would love a bit more info. When my sister was on the Journey this June their Evening was a 'Crete Waterfront Street Party' where everyone was arranged into groups which moved from place to place for each course of the meal and it was apparently rather rushed with some people from one group only just getting their main course as the next group arrived. It sounds as though this format might have changed? Is the event now held with everyone altogether in one venue?

Very envious of you staying onboard as we disembarked after the Turquoise Coast cruise on the 10th September :( enjoy the rest of your cruise!

The event this time was at tables of 10, so no moving around was required. Sounds like Azamara is learning fast and reacting. The only "negative" was the Sun for the first hour, or so, but even Azamara can't control that.

We are sailing out now and just passed thr Quest on the way in. Jason and Carl had lots of very loud fun greeting one another and waving their giant hands from the bridges. Jason put us into a full circle turn so we actually followed Quest for a bit before "blowing" her off. Great fun!

Thanks for your posts Bill, I hope that when you finally get home you may be able to find the time give us a more detailed review of your Amazing Evenings.

Like Mara01 , the Waterfront Party in Chania will be our Amazing Evening next year and I would be interested to hear more about it, particularly the quality of the food/meal, and whether you prefered that evening to the Turkish Evening.

I was also on the Turquoise Coast cruise and was somewhat disappointed in the evening in Fethiye. The entertainment was very professional and the drinks flowed. Azamara obviously went to a lot of effort and expense to stage the evening but the meal was poor. Half our table was served with the main course and the rest had to wait for theirs, and when it came they still hadn't got enough. My veal chop was rare and my husbands was practically raw. Also we never got our dessert as our coach number was called for our return to the ship. Feeding 600 people for a sit down meal is a difficult task and when you are comparing it to the quality and service provided by the Azamara onboard staff you just can't win. Also I feel that the event was just too long, I was pleased when it was over.

Thanks for your posts Bill, I hope that when you finally get home you may be able to find the time give us a more detailed review of your Amazing Evenings.

Like Mara01 , the Waterfront Party in Chania will be our Amazing Evening next year and I would be interested to hear more about it, particularly the quality of the food/meal, and whether you prefered that evening to the Turkish Evening.

I was also on the Turquoise Coast cruise and was somewhat disappointed in the evening in Fethiye. The entertainment was very professional and the drinks flowed. Azamara obviously went to a lot of effort and expense to stage the evening but the meal was poor. Half our table was served with the main course and the rest had to wait for theirs, and when it came they still hadn't got enough. My veal chop was rare and my husbands was practically raw. Also we never got our dessert as our coach number was called for our return to the ship. Feeding 600 people for a sit down meal is a difficult task and when you are comparing it to the quality and service provided by the Azamara onboard staff you just can't win. Also I feel that the event was just too long, I was pleased when it was over.

Hello Marmaduke!

It was good to meet you both on the TC cruise. We really enjoyed the cruise and the ambience and setting of the Azamazing Evening - I think we were just really lucky being on the 'right' table - we had even had our dessert before we were called to the coach but we missed coffee. Must admit we preferred the lovely appetisers that were being freshly prepared to the actual meal and also thought the dancing etc. could have been a bit shorter. It sounds as though the Crete street party has been reorganised so it should be perfect by the time we go!

Archived