Helpful WARNING for those purchasing Faster To The Fun

LHP

Fascinating. A Galveston last cruise all priority luggage was just put in a separate area at baggage check... I didn't have any orange and it got delivered fine.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This is how Miami did it last September.

From the number of people seeing the Orange Stickers/Tape, this sounds like this is Carnival's solution to easily identify the Priority luggage. So my guess is that Carnival has provided that to the various port facilities for use by the porters.

We sail out of Galveston a lot. Last cruise our lugger (were are Platinum) arrived very early. I don't remember an orange sticker but again I wasn't looking for it.

Thanks for the info Linda. I will make sure the porters see the priority mark on the luggage tags from now on. The early luggage is no big deal, but the getting tot he cabin early is. We normally sneak in early because the VIP cabins are made up early, but just to drop off our carry on. Normally the stewards are happy to allow this and we normally find them and let them know we dropped it in the room and closed the door. Just so they know not to prop the door open again. But now with the new FTTF perk we can just go and drop it off and continue on without having to find the steward.

See post #77.

It's the passengers' responsibility to tag their luggage with the tags that Carnival provides. Period. As a paid service, it's Carnival's resposibility to make sure the people who handle the luggage know what they're doing....and that includes tagging luggage with orange tape (or whatever it takes) to let them know it's FTTF. It's also their responsibility to place the luggage in the correct bin. As someone who has purchased FTTF, the last thing I should have to do is supervise luggage handlers. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with reminding them that I've purchased FTTF, and I appreciate the OP bringing this to our attention, but I sure as heck won't be following them around to make sure they're doing their job.

FTTF was Carnival's idea, not mine...it's a service I will gladly pay for. But it's not up to me to make sure they execute it correctly.

See post #77.

Doesn't matter how many teeth a luggage porter has, if they're paid to do a job, Carnival should make sure they know how to do it properly – the burden of making sure my luggage gets to where it's supposed to go is one of the services I'm paying for when I purchase FTTF. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with reminding them, but it certainly isn't my responsibility to do so.

The first time we purchased FTTF, April 2013, we did not have an orange FTTF tag on our luggage and we received it before we boarded.

This last time, Sept 2013, we did have FTTF orange tags on our luggage and this had our luggage waiting for us upon boarding.

I guess it depends on the porter taking the bags at the curbside.

The first time we purchased FTTF, April 2013, we did not have an orange FTTF tag on our luggage and we received it before we boarded.

This last time, Sept 2013, we did have FTTF orange tags on our luggage and this had our luggage waiting for us upon boarding.

I guess it depends on the porter taking the bags at the curbside.

Same port? I'm beginning to think that like so many other procedures, it depends on which port (and maybe even which ship) you're using.

"Goo-Gone" should remove that adhesive without damaging the plastic... Nail polish remover will also, but it might etch the outside of the tag holder.

UPDATE: Nail polish remover did not damage my reusable tags just now when I used it to wipe off permanent marker...

Archived