Helpful WARNING for those purchasing Faster To The Fun

LHP

As you know, Diamond members get the same early luggage delivery perk as FTTF ....

we just got off the Carnival Miracle and when I handed my luggage to the porter I specifically asked if I needed the ORANGE luggage tape that is used in other ports.

He said no.

Well....he was wrong. I saw luggage delivered early with the extra orange tape and ours was delivered after 4pm, because we did not have that piece of ORANGE tape on it.

So do not simply believe a porter if they say no....

Not getting my luggage early DID NOT ruin my cruise.....but if I had paid extra for that benefit...I would have been mad.

I did put it in my electronic comment card to make sure Carnival properly trains their Porters. I tipped $10 for 5 bags....so it wasn't a tip thing...it was a "he did not know or did not care" thing.

As you know, Diamond members get the same early luggage delivery perk as FTTF ....

we just got off the Carnival Miracle and when I handed my luggage to the porter I specifically asked if I needed the ORANGE luggage tape that is used in other ports.

He said no.

Well....he was wrong. I saw luggage delivered early with the extra orange tape and ours was delivered after 4pm, because we did not have that piece of ORANGE tape on it.

So do not simply believe a porter if they say no....

Not getting my luggage early DID NOT ruin my cruise.....but if I had paid extra for that benefit...I would have been mad.

I did put it in my electronic comment card to make sure Carnival properly trains their Porters. I tipped $10 for 5 bags....so it wasn't a tip thing...it was a "he did not know or did not care" thing.

Good to know to be sure they put the orange tag on the luggage. As a Platinum/Diamond cruiser, that's the only new benefit we get on the ships that have FTTF.

Good to know to be sure they put the orange tag on the luggage. As a Platinum/Diamond cruiser, that's the only new benefit we get on the ships that have FTTF.

We also get to go immediately to our cabin...but Corporate always allowed us to do that anyway so that our son could decompress from the travel to get there....

as he has gotten older....thankfully he has needed that less and less.

Don't mean to sound negative. Aren't the porters employed by the port and not carnival? Good advice by the way.

Not negative at all....

yes porters are employed by the PORT ...not Carnival.

But just like any contract worker....they should be made to follow Carnival rules.

Should FTTF purchasers also have this orange tag, or is this diamond only?

Yes... anyone with the FTTF symbol on their luggage tags should have the orange tape....

IF the port is using that system.

Obviously we have not sailed every port since the FTTF has been added....but New Orleans and Seattle both use this system...and it makes sense because those small logos could easily be missed in all the chaos of sorting 1,000's of pieces of luggage.

I hate to "assume" that all ports have gone to the orange tape...but since it had FTTF on the orange tape, I am guessing that this is fleet wide.

It was not just blank orange tape.

I can not remember if Miami used this orange tape or not??? That is the only other port we have done this year.

Yes... anyone with the FTTF symbol on their luggage tags should have the orange tape....

Obviously we have not sailed every port since the FTTF has been added....but New Orleans and Seattle both use this system...and it makes sense because those small logos could easily be missed in all the chaos of sorting 1,000's of pieces of luggage.

I hate to "assume" that all ports have gone to the orange tape...but since it had FTTF on the orange tape, I am guessing that this is fleet wide.

I can not remember if Miami used this orange tape or not??? That is the only other port we have done this year.

Thanks for the info. Good to know!

Fascinating. A Galveston last cruise all priority luggage was just put in a separate area at baggage check... I didn't have any orange and it got delivered fine.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That is definitely the way to do it!!!

But apparently some ports are not that organized....

LOVE Galveston....glad to hear they have their act together.

Does anyone know if Port Canaveral uses the orange tape system?We purchased FTTF and I need to know if I should be on the lookout. Thanks!

We did not have or see orange tape when in PC August 10th...our luggage arrived around 1pm (Platinum). They just put all the FTTF luggage and Plat/Diamond luggage in a different pile

As of January, Miami just used a little round sticker that said FTTF they stuck on your luggage tag. Ended up ruining my brand new, re-usable luggage tag sleeves with the glue on the sticker, but we did get our luggage by about 1:30pm. No orange tape at that time but things could have changed since then.

Does anyone know if Port Canaveral uses the orange tape system?We purchased FTTF and I need to know if I should be on the lookout. Thanks!

I had some friends who just sailed out of there and they are Diamond... They sailed two weeks ago...

She said they put on the Orange as soon as they got the luggage...

just be sure to point out the FTTF to them when you hand them the luggage.

Yes, Miami uses orange tape too.

Maybe it was a "telling someone else how to do their job" thing. ;)

A very simple solution, regardless of what port you're sailing from, and regardless of what color tags the porters use. Before the porter takes your bags, ask him to please tag them "Priority", whether you're Platinum, Diamond, or have purchased FTTF. Don't tip him UNTIL your bags are properly tagged.;)

The porters outside the terminal do not work for Carnival.

As of January, Miami just used a little round sticker that said FTTF they stuck on your luggage tag. Ended up ruining my brand new, re-usable luggage tag sleeves with the glue on the sticker, but we did get our luggage by about 1:30pm. No orange tape at that time but things could have changed since then.

FYI, Goo Gone is fantastic for removing that sticky residue on just about any surface. It's not expensive and is available pretty much everywhere.

Archived